Is anyone making final payment for 2021 cruises?

susiesan

14 hours ago, LouChamp said:

I'm compelled to ask with all due respect why are are going to Namibia

My Namibia vacation is a small group safari tour postponed from last September. I am going because I can and want to. I am not afraid to travel nowadays. I leave for 10 days in Costa Rica Jan. 20.

Namibia started welcoming visitors back in November. You need to have a covid test done 7 days prior to arrival. I have award flights from UA miles flying on ET in J. I have a deposit on the safari that's been in place a year now. All arrangements are made.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, susiesan said:

My Namibia vacation is a small group safari tour postponed from last September. I am going because I can and want to. I am not afraid to travel nowadays. I leave for 10 days in Costa Rica Jan. 20.

Namibia started welcoming visitors back in November. You need to have a covid test done 7 days prior to arrival. I have award flights from UA miles flying on ET in J. I have a deposit on the safari that's been in place a year now. All arrangements are made.

I am a great fan of Southern Africa safaris including to Namibia (especially lodges right on Zambezi River); however, have you seen what the Namibian case statistics are since they opened up in November?

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/namibia/

20 minutes ago, mrlevin said:

I am a great fan of Southern Africa safaris including to Namibia (especially lodges right on Zambezi River); however, have you seen what the Namibian case statistics are since they opened up in November?

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/namibia/

Your usual trash.  Guess which one of these graphs is the US and which one is Namibia.  While I don’t particularly want to go on safari, probably more dangerous to be attacked by a wild animal than CV-19.

D2130CC0-2F18-4201-99FA-888474EB688A.png

1A50BEE2-E84F-4DDB-9F1F-EE0F9ABB99DB.png

• Like 1

I don't think there is any way that our cruise will go. The 18-day sailing is way over the CDC limit of 7-days and I really don't expect the CDC to relax restrictions on US sailings for quite a few months. The sailing is an 18-day voyage from San Francisco to Miami on April 22nd.  We were very excited about this itinerary as it featured several ports that were new to us.  Unfortunately, that particular sailing it is not repeated in 2022.  The good news is we expect to have the first dose of the vaccine in the next few weeks.  Hopefully, we will be ready to sail by the time restrictions are lifted.  

I have a Apr 31, 2021 cruise in the eastern Med - 12 days on the Marina with final payment extended to Mar 1.  If O cancels the cruise before final payment then all I get is my deposit back with no FCC or 125% FCC.  Thus, if I think the cruise will be canceled and I want to go on another O cruise when Covid is no longer a problem,  I could make final payment (before Mar 1) and then when the cruise cancells I am eligible for the 125% FCC - thus getting about a 25% discount on a future cruise.  This is only logical if you have the money to give to O for the next cruise and you think O will not go out of business.   I found out you can even book your next cruise now (say for late 2021 or 2022 ) before you cancel the current one,  pay your deposit,  and then apply the 125% FCC to that cruise. 

Has anyone thought about this strategy?

Rick  

5 hours ago, stromer said:

I have a Apr 31, 2021 cruise in the eastern Med - 12 days on the Marina with final payment extended to Mar 1.  If O cancels the cruise before final payment then all I get is my deposit back with no FCC or 125% FCC.  Thus, if I think the cruise will be canceled and I want to go on another O cruise when Covid is no longer a problem,  I could make final payment (before Mar 1) and then when the cruise cancells I am eligible for the 125% FCC - thus getting about a 25% discount on a future cruise.  This is only logical if you have the money to give to O for the next cruise and you think O will not go out of business.   I found out you can even book your next cruise now (say for late 2021 or 2022 ) before you cancel the current one,  pay your deposit,  and then apply the 125% FCC to that cruise. 

Has anyone thought about this strategy?

Rick  

I do not believe it works like that

If you pay before final payment & O cancels before that date you will get  a cash refund of the whole payment  less the Admin fee which will be  an FCC

9 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

If you pay before final payment & O cancels before that date you will get  a cash refund of the whole payment  less the Admin fee which will be  an FCC

The passenger would be charged an administration fee if O cancels the cruise???

54 minutes ago, Sea42 said:

The passenger would be charged an administration fee if O cancels the cruise???

OOPS  sorry   did not have my coffee yet 

no  a full refund would be given  if O cancels

On 1/10/2021 at 5:09 PM, mofrances said:

We are booked on a Riviera sailing on June 27 this year. My TA emailed us a few weeks ago to say that Oceania had moved the final payment date to 60 days instead of the original 90 days.  Also cancellation penalties don't kick in for us until 60 days out as well.

It appears that there's significant differences between how long the cruise is, when it sails, and when it was booked.  Last September I booked a seven day cruise sailing in July 2021.  My final payment date still shows as 90 days out but since the cruise was booked between August of 2020 and January 31, 2021 with a sailing date before October 31, 2021, I can cancel for any reason up to 15 days before sailing date and get 100% back in FCC with no penalty.

Check again. I have a booking end of August.  Final payment due end of May.  You could call Oceania directly.  Your travel agent might be wrong.  If the agent insists on payment, you should find a better agent. Will we sail?  If Oceania hasn’t resumed normal sailings, I will not pay final payment.  I booked using fcc for the deposit.  Fcc had an expiration date. I expect we will return to the fcc loop.....

book, cancel, get fcc, book, cancel, fcc........  UNTIL ?  There are huge numbers of people continually booking and rebooking.  It’s wild.    

12 hours ago, LHT28 said:

Not correct. It does not matter whether Oceania cancels "before" or "after" the balance deadline. If you have already settled balance payment, then you will have the option to choose either 100% refund or 125% FCC.

In other words, if some passengers really wish to take the 125% FCC offer to use in their next planned voyage, then they must settle the balance payment before Oceania makes the cancellation announcement. Once Oceania announces the cancellation and if only deposit is settled, then the deposit will directly be refunded with no other options.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1