Allure of the Seas Crown Loft vs. Owners Suite

Bear79

My wife and I are looking to take our kids on their first cruise.  We are debating between a Owners Suite or a Crown Loft Suite.  Kids ages are 4 and 6.  The one thing we notice when watching youtube videos is in an Owners Suite the Showers seem tiny and we are not tiny people.  Thoughts.  Thanks in advance.

6 minutes ago, Bear79 said:

My wife and I are looking to take our kids on their first cruise.  We are debating between a Owners Suite or a Crown Loft Suite.  Kids ages are 4 and 6.  The one thing we notice when watching youtube videos is in an Owners Suite the Showers seem tiny and we are not tiny people.  Thoughts.  Thanks in advance.

The showers in the OS are certainly not gigantic but they aren't small, either.

Of course, the CLS have stairs, so if they are a problem for you, best to avoid the CLS.  The kids would be downstairs while the parents would be upstairs.

The OS is my preferred suite but it doesn't have the WOW factor that the CLS has.  Also, with the CLS you are very close by the Coastal Kitchen and Suites Lounge if that is important to you.

I find the OS to be a better option than a CLS but it's just the 2 of us...  I just think that the OS has more room, overall.

• Like 2

We looked at both before booking the owners suite on oasis, definitely think it is bigger suite , huge balcony, I thought shower was fine , I am a big guy over 6 ft and over 250 pounds. CLS big advantage is two bathrooms and you will have more privacy from children with the two stories. 

Our only suite experience on Oasis class ships has been in a Grand Suite and a Loft Suite.  As long as the premium for the Loft Suite isn't too great we prefer them.  But we are a older couple who goes on cruises mostly for relaxation.  We enjoy the proximity to Coastal Kitchen that the Loft Suites provide.

22 hours ago, ownedbypets said:

We like the loft suites. Deck 17 is quiet and secluded. The 2 bathrooms with large showers/rainheads are a huge plus for us.

Which they eliminated on Harmony. The upstairs two-person  double rainhead shower was replaced by a bathtub.😪

27 minutes ago, ownedbypets said:

It's very sad. We are booked for both Harmony and Symphony and that is the only thing that I don't like.

We are booked on Harmony for August '22. We were originally in a CL suite but my husband was disappointed that the enormous shower from Oasis was replaced with tub.  I jokingly showed him that the star loft down the hall had the double shower downstairs.  We have now moved to a Star Loft.  I guess that is one way to persuade someone to move on up to our first Star Class. All it took was an unwanted bathtub 🤣

• Like 2

CLS on Allure has 2 bathrooms but both were shower only.  OS has 1 bathroom but came with a tub and separate shower stall.  It comes down to what is more convenient for your family.  Do you want 2 bathrooms so 2 people can get ready at the same time, or do you need a tub so you can bathe your 4 and 6 year old kids.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, cruise_co said:

We are booked on Harmony for August '22. We were originally in a CL suite but my husband was disappointed that the enormous shower from Oasis was replaced with tub.  I jokingly showed him that the star loft down the hall had the double shower downstairs.  We have now moved to a Star Loft.  I guess that is one way to persuade someone to move on up to our first Star Class. All it took was an unwanted bathtub 🤣

You will love star class. Both bathrooms have the double shower on Oasis but not Harmony or Symphony. Only the downstairs. Upstairs has the tub. 

• Like 1

I would take the "owners Suite" for 2 reasons. 

1.  4  & 6 year old will be on the same floor (level) as you...

2.  Bigger balcony with table and chairs... Crown loft only has 2 loungers

Have fun whatever you decide.  

Edited by Scoobydobe7
  • Like 1

On 1/14/2021 at 2:49 PM, orville99 said:

Which they eliminated on Harmony. The upstairs two-person  double rainhead shower was replaced by a bathtub.😪

Very sad indeed, That master shower on Oasis / Allure is fabulous. Not a fan of a tub that I always use as a shower that I have to step over to get in. 

mac_tlc