Vista/Premium suite

Minnie29

I am considering booking either a Vista or Premium suite on the Sky Princess and would like some advice on these cabins. 
Also as a suite passenger what are the perks?

Is there a separate restaurant on the ship for suite passengers and other private areas etc.

Thank you

1 hour ago, Minnie29 said:

I am considering booking either a Vista or Premium suite on the Sky Princess and would like some advice on these cabins. 
Also as a suite passenger what are the perks? Lots of perks, you can find them here: 

https://www.princess.com/learn/ships/staterooms/suites/

Is there a separate restaurant on the ship for suite passengers and other private areas etc.

Thank you

No separate restaurant. A "special" area in one of the MDRs is reserved for suites and certain minis.

There have been numerous postings about the additional perks or amenities that you receive when booking a suite. Princess has a list of additional items that you receive when you are booking your cruise. You can also start at the Princess home page and select to review different cabin types. Under the Suite there will be links to tell you what amenities you receive when booking a suite. The only separate dining experience is that Suite passengers will have a restaurant for breakfast that is not available to any other guests. This is normally located in Sabatinis and has special breakfast hours for at sea and in port days. You also have the advantage of using club class dining which is located in a area of one of the main dining areas and you have a separate entrance line and some additional menu items. You also receive club class when you stay in a premium mini suite. Then you add in priority boarding and disembarkation and on the Royal class of ships a Concierge lounge where there is someone who can help you with anything that you normally have to contact each department separately for. I hope that this gives you food for thought as to whether a suite is for you or not. ALSO please remember that these were the perks and status before COVID and until ships start sailing we do not know which ones will remain or what they may change to.

You are entitled to Club Class Dining which is anytime dining in a section of one of the DR's. On the Sky believe it is Estrella DR, deck 6 mid ship starboard side entrance. Pre-shutdown the DR was open each day for breakfast and dinner and for lunch on sea days. As a full suite passenger you can also have the mimosa breakfast which is better than Club Class. Believe this is served on the Sky in Sabatini's. Full suite passengers are also permitted to order room service off the full DR menu.

https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/food-and-dining/club-class-dining/

The suite perks are minimal if you are already at the Elite tier. As an elite tier in a club class mini suite the perks are nominal. There was time when suites got included/complimentary internet. I wish they'd bring that back now that they have the online ability.

The Premium Suites are my favorite suites on Royal class ships.  You have a very large picture window facing forward in the large bedroom and a long balcony on the side off the living room.  You should be aware that the balconies on the royal class ships are narrow.  The bathroom is great.  Large with a tub and separate shower.

Besides the concierge lounge, special dining room for breakfast and Club class dining Princess doesn't have other areas that only suite passengers can use like some of the other lines.

56 minutes ago, cruzsnooze said:

The suite perks are minimal if you are already at the Elite tier. As an elite tier in a club class mini suite the perks are nominal. There was time when suites got included/complimentary internet. I wish they'd bring that back now that they have the online ability.

I wish Princess would re-name mini suites to ___________and eliminate 'suites' to avoid confusion

• Like 4

We have been staying in a suite 8 times since club class started and I have to say that we enjoy breakfast there rather than in Sabitini's.   Sabitini's breakfast, especially on the longer cruises,  use to be a room full of friendly people that would greet everyone or stay around an talk after eating.  Now, the staff can change frequently and they seem to be in a rush all the time.  You have to ask for coffee and sometimes it may be 10 minutes before they come out of the kitchen.  They use to know what your favorites were and call you by name and you got to know them.   It is not the atmosphere in year's past.  We have been stopping in every 5 days or so and leave being disappointed.

22 hours ago, franktown said:

The Premium Suites are my favorite suites on Royal class ships.  You have a very large picture window facing forward in the large bedroom and a long balcony on the side off the living room.  You should be aware that the balconies on the royal class ships are narrow.  The bathroom is great.  Large with a tub and separate shower.

Besides the concierge lounge, special dining room for breakfast and Club class dining Princess doesn't have other areas that only suite passengers can use like some of the other lines.

The Premium Suites have the separate sleeping area, correct? What about the Vista suites on the newer Royal class ships? Is the sleeping area separate?

From the booking photo the Vista suites seem to be more open and only one TV. Is this the case?  We are big fans of the Lido corner mini's ( we have 2 booked for 2022) and to me the Vista Suites seem similar in size but they have the fancy suite bath. However, the FWD corner mini's have a separate sleeping area and two TVs.

We currently are booked in a Vista Suite on the Sky in December. I'm considering "moving down" several decks to a FWD Premium for the separated sleeping area & extra TV.

47 minutes ago, carefreebee said:

The Premium Suites have the separate sleeping area, correct? What about the Vista suites on the newer Royal class ships? Is the sleeping area separate?

From the booking photo the Vista suites seem to be more open and only one TV. Is this the case?  We are big fans of the Lido corner mini's ( we have 2 booked for 2022) and to me the Vista Suites seem similar in size but they have the fancy suite bath. However, the FWD corner mini's have a separate sleeping area and two TVs.

We currently are booked in a Vista Suite on the Sky in December. I'm considering "moving down" several decks to a FWD Premium for the separated sleeping area & extra TV.

I believe the Sky is the first ship to have the forward Vista Suites.  Yes the Premium suites have a separate bedroom.  Much more separate than the mini suites.  The bedroom is large with the forward facing window. The Premium suites do have 2 TV's.  One in the living area and one in the bedroom.  

If you go to cruisedeckplans.com You can see videos of the premium suites of the Regal.

Edited by franktown
add
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dunk said:

That's only correct on older ships. The Vista Suites on the newer ships are one large room with one TV. 

Now that I think about it, I have only been in the owner's suites on the newer ships.   I try to stay away from them - prefer smaller ships.   Are there any? - I just looked at the deck plans for the Majestic and do not see any Vista suites.

27 minutes ago, compozer said:

Now that I think about it, I have only been in the owner's suites on the newer ships.   I try to stay away from them - prefer smaller ships.   Are there any? - I just looked at the deck plans for the Majestic and do not see any Vista suites.

The ones in question are only on Sky, Enchanted and Discovery.