If/when 2021 sailings lifted/shifted from 2020 are cancelled, will they offer a second lift and shift option?

I have a June 2021 sailing on the Mariner that was lifted and shifted from June 2020.  Up until this point in time, lift and shift is allowed only once per sailing.  If June 2021 is also cancelled, do you think they will allow a second lift and shift?  It would seem quite ugly to hold money from fully paid cruises for over a year and then offer only FCC or refund for an additional cancellation.  I am certain they never expected the pause in cruising to last this long when they introduced the lift and shift option, but it now seems very likely.

I asked that question  on the Quantum cancelled sailing that thread and no one knows the answer yet.  If they allow it on those I imagine they will allow it for further cancellations probably the same way, same ship and within one week just a guess

2 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I asked that question  on the Quantum cancelled sailing that thread and no one knows the answer yet.  If they allow it on those I imagine they will allow it for further cancellations probably the same way, same ship and within one week just a guess

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I think that a L&S will only be offered if Royal cancels the cruise and with very restrictive terms as they just did with the Quantum

That sounds reasonable, I would be fine with that.

Just now, molly361 said:

Going to look at June/July/August suite prices😇

DEFINITIVE ANSWER......YES you can L&S a second time

Throughout the life of your client’s booking, he/she can opt to Lift& Shift only one time during the designated opt-in period. An exception to this rule is when a booking shifts to a new sailing and then is suspended with Lift & Shift as one of the options for compensation

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Throughout the life of your client’s booking, he/she can opt to Lift& Shift only one time during the designated opt-in period. An exception to this rule is when a booking shifts to a new sailing and then is suspended with Lift & Shift as one of the options for compensation

Thank you!  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I'll bet you like that!!!😇

9 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I'll bet you like that!!!😇

if you’re referring to our August Jewel Baltic cruise - the 2022 cruises are on Voyager, and the only 10-night cruise is in early June. I doubt we’ll be able to L&S. However, I’ll hang on a few more months, just in case.

Edited by NancyIL

4 minutes ago, NancyIL said:

if you’re referring to our August Jewel Baltic cruise - the 2022 cruises are on Voyager, and the only 10-night cruise is in early June. I’m doubting we’ll be able to L&S. However, I’ll hang on a few more months, just in case.

I would push for the 11 night Aug 10 as a substitute.  I will make final payment on this one and wait as long as I have to to try to preserve this deal.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, NancyIL said:

if you’re referring to our August Jewel Baltic cruise - the 2022 cruises are on Voyager, and the only 10-night cruise is in early June. I doubt we’ll be able to L&S. However, I’ll hang on a few more months, just in case.

I was talking about his Ovation Alaska cruise

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RFerrington said:

Is this a new addendum to the original rule ?

Just added today because we are now entering double lift and shift possibilities.  The bolding and underlining were done by me.  That is right out of the FAQ's

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Thanks 1

Celebrity recently cancelled 2 ships in the Med. We were offered alternate Med sailings on equivalent ships in a lift and shift type scenario (not under the classic lift and shift rules though). If the cruise was longer or shorter the pricing was adjusted on a per night basis. 

You could try asking if this option is available to you if your only choice is a longer or shorter cruise.

Cheers, h.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, middlehaitch said:

Celebrity recently cancelled 2 ships in the Med. We were offered alternate Med sailings on equivalent ships in a lift and shift type scenario (not under the classic lift and shift rules though). If the cruise was longer or shorter the pricing was adjusted on a per night basis. 

You could try asking if this option is available to you if your only choice is a longer or shorter cruise.

Cheers, h.

Lifting and shifting a second time is allowed if the cruise line cancels.  The terms were updated earlier today. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, molly361 said:

Same ship? The ship might be doing an itinrtary completely different than the initial booking. And not everyone can arrange a week off from work within such a tight time frame. I'd be taking my money.