Would you do 3-4 day at Great Stirrup Cay ?

Beer Belly

Definitely would be there with you Beer Belly!  I am looking out my window today and there is 2 feet of snow.  We have been held captive for a year because of the virus.  The beach for 3 days, sounds like a dream

• Like 4

1 hour ago, farkell said:

Definitely would be there with you Beer Belly!  I am looking out my window today and there is 2 feet of snow.  We have been held captive for a year because of the virus.  The beach for 3 days, sounds like a dream

ive done many beach vacations past few months. been to OC MD, chincoteague, and cancun. plenty of beach time available. matter of fact even though i'm not a beach guy i find myself going because thats all thats really been 'open' the past year.  

once again, i  wouldnt care if the temperature was 20 degrees and a foot of snow on the ground, nothing could tempt me to spend 3-4 days at gsc, especially when there are so many other wonderful carribbean islands to see.

by the, it was easy for me to say, since we live in los angeles,  and not much chance of snow or temps getting anywhere near that low.

7 hours ago, farkell said:

Yes!   Those of us in the cold & snow would love what is basically a 'cruise to nowhere' with a stop at GSC or Harvest Caye.   

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, PhillyTravelBug said:

Nah, I’ve been done with the Caribbean cruises for a few years. Sitting on a beach bores me.

if you think going to a carribbean island only entails sitting on the beach, youve truly missed out. every island has its own unique flavor and vibe. if you go to barbados, it's english, matinique, french. st maartin/st martin dutch and french

antigua, english. just renting a car and exploring the islands, meeting the people and sampling the native cuisine is so much more involing than just "sitting on the beach"  stop by st lucia for the magnificent scenery, or grenada. the last thing i want to do on a cruise is sit on the beach (i cndo that 20 minutes from my house)

go to belie or cozumel, and check out the mayan ruins 500-1000 years old.

phillytravelbug ole buddy, youre missing out. instead of a 2 week cruise, pick 2 islands and spend a week on each. youre in philly, the carribbean islands are onlya few hrs away.

you'll be doing yourself a massive favor

9 hours ago, complawyer said:

if you think going to a carribbean island only entails sitting on the beach, youve truly missed out. every island has its own unique flavor and vibe. if you go to barbados, it's english, matinique, french. st maartin/st martin dutch and french

antigua, english. just renting a car and exploring the islands, meeting the people and sampling the native cuisine is so much more involing than just "sitting on the beach"  stop by st lucia for the magnificent scenery, or grenada. the last thing i want to do on a cruise is sit on the beach (i cndo that 20 minutes from my house)

go to belie or cozumel, and check out the mayan ruins 500-1000 years old.

phillytravelbug ole buddy, youre missing out. instead of a 2 week cruise, pick 2 islands and spend a week on each. youre in philly, the carribbean islands are onlya few hrs away.

you'll be doing yourself a massive favor

I love the Caribbean...have done cave tubing in Belize, the ruins in Mexico, beautiful resorts in Aruba, Bahamas, Dominican. I’m just a the point where I’d rather do cruises to other destinations.

Not enough to do at GSC.  More than one day would bore me to tears.  Also, the food stinks and I usually go ashore early, stay until 1 or 2, and go back to the ship to eat.  My other complaint about GSC is the bar service is super slow and not enough waiters.

On 1/31/2021 at 6:13 AM, Beer Belly said:

I know I would. 3 days of Tendering from 8am-8pm, all beach days with music, free food and drink.......yep, I'm there.

Yes.  I would do that right now even if they had me fly to Nassau and take a rowboat from there to GSC.  Anything to get out of the house!!!  🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, GA Dave said:

Yes.  I would do that right now even if they had me fly to Nassau and take a rowboat from there to GSC.  Anything to get out of the house!!!  🤣

I'm with you! At this point, I'd settle for just being on the boat all day, every day. My daily routine usually consists of 2 cappuccinos in the morning while taking a stroll, followed by breakfast, then relaxing in the cabin for a bit, lying out in the sun + then a trip to the gym, maybe a nap, then lunch, then a cocktail or two, more napping or relaxing in the spa, drinks before dinner, dinner, then after dinner drinks. Who needs to even leave the boat? LOL

• Like 4

2 hours ago, DCGuy64 said:

I'm with you! At this point, I'd settle for just being on the boat all day, every day. My daily routine usually consists of 2 cappuccinos in the morning while taking a stroll, followed by breakfast, then relaxing in the cabin for a bit, lying out in the sun + then a trip to the gym, maybe a nap, then lunch, then a cocktail or two, more napping or relaxing in the spa, drinks before dinner, dinner, then after dinner drinks. Who needs to even leave the boat? LOL

You can do all that in a row boat?

• Haha 1

On 2/2/2021 at 2:26 PM, complawyer said:

once again, i  wouldnt care if the temperature was 20 degrees and a foot of snow on the ground, nothing could tempt me to spend 3-4 days at gsc, especially when there are so many other wonderful carribbean islands to see.

by the, it was easy for me to say, since we live in los angeles,  and not much chance of snow or temps getting anywhere near that low.

Do you understand the issue though?  The issue isn't about choosing 3 straight days at GSC over a variety of ports.   We're discussing if NCL gets the approval to start up but the islands aren't allowing cruise ships............ If none of the islands open to cruise ships, but  NCL gets the all clear to cruise would you go to GSC just to get back out there on any cruise?    Or would you wait another year, two years, etc  to cruise again as normal.      Of course we want to go to other islands, really you think someone would prefer to be at GSC for 3 days????  but if we can't, would you cruise if you could only go to GSC?    Do you think there's a bunch of people who would just choose to go to GSC for 3 straight days?   

Im voting no.   As much as I want to get on a cruise ship once vaccinated, I don't like GSC.  I don't find it an enjoyable beach day at all and I'd wait for a better cruise even if it was another year away.   

the issue is simply would i go for 3-4 days to gsc.  if the choice is 3 -4 days there or not cruising, my answer is still no way would i want to go. i wouldnt want to spend 3-4 hours there. actually, i wouldnt want to spend 3-minutes there. i'd rather stay om board.

as far as im concerned, it's a total waste

On 2/2/2021 at 5:35 PM, complawyer said:

you 2 are a couple after my own heart. i commend your good taste. i count not agree more!!!!!

I know we are in the minority, but we hated it. We rented a cabana and that still didn't make it worthwhile. The tendering process was awful. My husband is color blind and the walk to the cabana was difficult for him (he had a hard time seeing where the ruts in the sand were and things were very uneven), the food was meh and we had to deal with that walk again, and it was difficult to get in and out of the water.

It just wasn't for us and we likely will not go back.