Refundable Deposits?

Jimbo

4 minutes ago, little britain said:

If you continue to the end and complete your personal details then you should get an option for the refundable deposit and the increase in price. 

Cool, good to know.

5 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

That's not good for what I'm looking to do.........

Suites are available but at like 50% higher prices for refundable deposits. More than any sane person would want to pay. 

Ourusualbeach has posted examples of how much higher

A refundable I believe is available but at a much higher price for suites. I just booked two cabins (extended family) for Alaska Sept 2022 (RCI) and the GS would have been an additional 2k. I also booked the 2 bdrm/2 bath Oceanview family suite and it was the same price for a refundable as it was for a NRD. The agent says she doesn't often see this so of course on this one I took the refundable. But chances are very good we'll sail.

13 minutes ago, molly361 said:

You have to book a suite thru a TA to get refundable and like stated above it's like 50% more for them.  I believe guarantee cabins are also usually non refundable

Excellent info. Thank you!

2 hours ago, molly361 said:

You have to book a suite thru a TA to get refundable and like stated above it's like 50% more for them.  I believe guarantee cabins are also usually non refundable

Actually I just booked directly with RCI (my post above) and I could have booked the refundable for my GS. I also thought it could only be done if using a TA but apparently not...Hmmm.

11 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Actually I just booked directly with RCI (my post above) and I could have booked the refundable for my GS. I also thought it could only be done if using a TA but apparently not...Hmmm.

When do you see the option for refundable? I get to this point  where you put in credit card info..and then where you check the box to agree to cruise contract. Pay$500

see no where where it gives me option to see a refundable price.

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

When do you see the option for refundable? I get to this point  where you put in credit card info..and then where you check the box to agree to cruise contract. Pay$500

I believe you must call in to RCI and speak to one one of their reps to get the refundable rate on a full suite category.

You don't see that rate when looking at the online booking.

Edited by robtulipe
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

I rarely book with RCI online except when it's late at night and then it's usually a 24 hour hold for a specific cabin (not sure if this can be done any longer or it's for specific cruises)...I call and speak directly with a rep...and this is how I was offered a refundable rate a couple of days ago for my GS booking.

40 minutes ago, robtulipe said:

I believe you must call in to RCI and speak to one one of their reps to get the refundable rate on a full suite category.

You don't see that rate when looking at the online booking.

27 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

See post 11, apparently sometimes you do. 

Apologies, I misunderstood Ashland’s post.  Apparently she did call.  

Even when booking a refundable rate, is there still a $100 per person cancel fee............or is that fee just what my travel agent is charging me?.............If I call and book directly with Royal will there still be a $100 per person cancel fee?

This would be for booking a Suite.

Edited by Jimbo

10 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Even when booking a refundable rate, is there still a $100 per person cancel fee............or is that fee just what my travel agent is charging me?.............If I call and book directly with Royal will there still be a $100 per person cancel fee?

This would be for booking a Suite.

Refundable means refundable...no fees from Royal.  Your TA can charge you whatever they have in their contract with you. 

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Refundable means refundable...no fees from Royal.  Your TA can charge you whatever they have in their contract with you. 

Guess my agent was misinformed from Royal, said it's a Royal's fee.

23 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

But on non refundable deposits.  On refundable deposits there is no fee.

Your agent probably does not know that you can book refundable suites

I think I will just call Crown and Anchor myself and book it. That will work too right?

Edited by Jimbo

4 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

I think I will just call Crown and Anchor myself and book it. They will work too right?

They may or  may not give you any information on the booking if it is booked with an Agent.  I guess it depends on what questions you ask.