Refundable Deposits?

Jimbo

On 2/1/2021 at 4:02 PM, KEN31VA said:

If refundable deposit fares are that much more, why not get the NRD fare and also get cancel for any reason insurance?

Just be careful with 'cancel for any reason' policies- the company I use ( a large company) only reimburses 75% of the fares with their cancel for any reason.

On 2/1/2021 at 4:02 PM, KEN31VA said:

If refundable deposit fares are that much more, why not get the NRD fare and also get cancel for any reason insurance?

Not all states qualify for cancel for any reason insurance. NY state is one of them. I have tried many times. Also insurance doesn't cover the pandemic. You can get cancel for any reason through the cruise line insurance but that would just be paid as an FCC anyway.  May as well just book non refundable.

Well just got off the phone with Crown and Anchor, the rep said Grand Suite and above can only be booked as non-refundable deposits............Any suggestions where to proceed next?

Edited by Jimbo

Looks like things have changed.

While a refundable rate can be selected and it is higher priced once you get to the very last step it does convert it into a NRD booking.  Looks like the one that I had held was either a glitch or they have closed the loophole

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Looks like things have changed.

While a refundable rate can be selected and it is higher priced once you get to the very last step it does convert it into a NRD booking.  Looks like the one that I had held was either a glitch or they have closed the loophole

Looks like I got in under that glitch (#7 & #11 posts)...Those glitch's happen when you least expect them to.

My favorite's that I've gotten three times are when cabins that require a minimum occupancy are released for less. Although two of them were only 90 days out but one was 1 year out...they honored it....Nice !!

• Like 1