Groundhog day

Les, I agree that there is 2 very different 'classes' on the Captain Cook cruises. We have been on a  number of them as we find that our OS guests, and my DW, greatly enjoy a harbour cruise. We always go for the Top Deck deal (or similar) where you have allocated seating, table service for food & drinks & overall a very pleasant experience. 

On one cruise I went exploring and discovered the other class in the buffet hall - this was clearly the steerage class for the tourists who were on the 'round Aus in 7 days packake deal. Not for me!

I have found the crew are very capable to distinguish which cruise you have bought a ticket for & go out of their way to ensure you enjoy. Even having segregated boarding. When they called for our boarding, the masses who had not been called yet, charged down the dock, completely blocking the way. The crew patiently held them all back, moved them aside and let us all board before they let them on.

I am looking forward to our Clyde River cruise in a few weeks 😁

• Haha 1

It reminds me of a Gordon River Cruise many years ago we went the premium upper deck class.... is was great only 16 of us instead about 60.... steerage was full

I great day... met another couple and between us almost drank them out of Tassie Pinot Noir 

the day before had done the Wildness Railway Premium class, very civilised  champagne on arrival ( first thing in morning )

Don

• Haha 1

On 2/24/2021 at 8:34 AM, getting older slowly said:

It reminds me of a Gordon River Cruise many years ago we went the premium upper deck class.... is was great only 16 of us instead about 60.... steerage was full

I great day... met another couple and between us almost drank them out of Tassie Pinot Noir 

the day before had done the Wildness Railway Premium class, very civilised  champagne on arrival ( first thing in morning )

Don

We did those two trips also. Ours was ten years ago. The Wilderness Railway trip started with champagne at 9am with unlimited champagne for the whole trip with superb food. I remember the chicken and camembert little pies. The next day we had to front up to do the Gordon River Cruise, Captain's class - unlimited drinks again.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/21/2021 at 10:02 PM, lyndarra said:

Old proverb.

'You can put a boat on a ship but you can't put a ship on a boat.'

Begs the question. Can you put a ship on a bigger ship?

Submarines no matter how big a submarine is...it's a boat.

2 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

X and Royal restarting cruising in the Caribbean (St Martin and Nassau) from June 7.

And there are open to anyone.

The only problem is you have to test negative entering The Bahamas and then to re-enter the US.

I believe they are doing packages,airfare,tests .

I don’t know what happens if you test positive during the cruise?

They don’t have a insurance scheme.

4 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

I have eaten a few subs but none were boats.

Subway is very popular. But when I went down to Merimbula a couple of weeks ago, the Subway franchise store down there had closed up and gonzo. Rents too high and suffered during the Victoria covid tourist drought. 

On another note, George Gregan's coffee shop empire is in administration. (For you AFL types on here, George Gregan was an Australian Rugby Union legend.)

Edited by NSWP

3 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Break out the Minties! 🤣

Yes it is moments like these you need Minties, how about rolling the Jaffas down the aisle and some 990181979_th(1).jpg.e08a2469358ea4d44fa5f4e66887561a.jpg

Edited by NSWP

11 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

Video shot from MSC ship.

Taken by 2nd Engineer Julianna Cona.

Big traffic jam if you look at Marine Traffic etc.

Edited by NSWP

I once got stuck across the Leeds Liverpool canal in Wigan on a 60' narrowboat. The narrowboat was longer than the canal was wide. I had just come out of a lock and was heading to the towpath to pick up my wife after she had operated the lock. There was a howling wind which caught the narrowboat and pushed it up a against the opposite side of the canal. I managed to back it off and get back to the towpath side and picked up my wife. Luckily there was no other canal traffic. It is common courtesy to close the lock gates after passing through but that day we couldn't do it as the wind kept blowing them open.

Edited by lyndarra
  • Haha 1