Free Drinks

GerScot

Up To 200 Free Drinks Onboard Your 5* Celebrity Cruise - Tips & WiFi Also Included

This was the banner headline that was on an e mail from a cruise travel agent. Did not realise there was a limit to amount of drinks. Now I know you would be very hard pushed to reach 200 on a 7 day cruise or even a 14 day one but its first time I have seen an actual upper limit.

13 minutes ago, NHCRUISIN said:

200 drinks on a 7 day cruise would be about 28 drinks per day, I don’t think there is a limit but if you have 28 drinks in a day....I doubt you are having 28 the following day.

I Am sure there will be a few who will try! LOL

Cheers and bon voyage

42 minutes ago, NHCRUISIN said:

200 drinks on a 7 day cruise would be about 28 drinks per day,

Anyone trying that sure doesn't need Free Wifi --- They would be better " served  " if they were offered 16 Free visits to the Medical Dept .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, ChucktownSteve said:

Yeah, they were on Carnival and did try.   That's why Carnival started limiting the number of drinks you could have in one day.

LOL, you must admit that X 'generally' has a different type and style of passenger... on the whole.

Cheers and bon voyage

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bo1953 said:

LOL, you must admit that X 'generally' has a different type and style of passenger... on the whole.

Cheers and bon voyage

Yep they "generally" do until they keep marketing to younger and younger passengers.  The only thing that will save XX is the ever increasing fares that will keep them at Carnival. 😁

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ChucktownSteve said:

Yep they "generally" do until they keep marketing to younger and younger passengers.  The only thing that will save XX is the ever increasing fares that will keep them at Carnival. 😁

LOL - very true, then again I was thinking more in terms of 'maturity' and passion for sailing...

Since there is a "younger demographic" that falls within the parameters of which we are accustomed to, in terms of our perception of the current overall X demographic, then it is fine by us...

bon voyage

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

LOL - very true, then again I was thinking more in terms of 'maturity' and passion for sailing...

Since there is a "younger demographic" that falls within the parameters of which we are accustomed to, in terms of our perception of the current overall X demographic, then it is fine by us...

bon voyage

like.jpg

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, NHCRUISIN said:

200 drinks on a 7 day cruise would be about 28 drinks per day, I don’t think there is a limit but if you have 28 drinks in a day....I doubt you are having 28 the following day.

Does the drinks pkg include specialty coffees, teas, soft drinks, juices and water?  If so many could conceivably come near or over the 200 drink/day limit, don't you think?

27 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Yes they (CBP and PBP) do. 🍷🍻

Thanks.  So my non-alcoholic drinks for a 14 day cruise would be:  3 cups coffee/day,

at least 2 bottles of water/day, juice 1/day.  That comes to 84 drinks right there.  So someone like my ex could easily consume 200 drinks per 14 day cruise.  Of course, he wouldn't have nearly the number of non-alcoholic drinks as me.  Partly why he is my ex!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, GerScot said:

Up To 200 Free Drinks Onboard Your 5* Celebrity Cruise - Tips & WiFi Also Included

This was the banner headline that was on an e mail from a cruise travel agent. Did not realise there was a limit to amount of drinks. Now I know you would be very hard pushed to reach 200 on a 7 day cruise or even a 14 day one but its first time I have seen an actual upper limit.

There is a limit.  You are limited to one drink every 15 minutes.  4 per hour.  96 a day or about 675 drinks on a 7 day cruise.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

There is a limit.  You are limited to one drink every 15 minutes.  4 per hour.  96 a day or about 675 drinks on a 7 day cruise.

96 drinks per day/pp???  This cannot be accurate!  

9 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

96 drinks per day/pp???  This cannot be accurate!  

Do the math - one drink every 15 minutes is 4 per hour.  24hours in a day.  We good so far?

Thus theoretically if you got a drink every 15 minutes for a day you could get 96 drinks.

My comment is a bit of humor as whether water, beer mixed drinks or ??, am pretty sure I could not consume that much liquid in a day.

58 minutes ago, GeorgesGal said:

Does the drinks pkg include specialty coffees, teas, soft drinks, juices and water?  If so many could conceivably come near or over the 200 drink/day limit, don't you think?

This is what I thought. Between coffee, water and soda you can get to 28 drinks a day. This brings up one other thing. Celebrity will still scan you seapass card for every drink. Is Celebrity then going to say oh you cant have a bottle of water or a can of soda because you are over your 28 drinks. Overall I'm fine with the new "Always Included".

11 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Do the math - one drink every 15 minutes is 4 per hour.  24hours in a day.  We good so far?

Thus theoretically if you got a drink every 15 minutes for a day you could get 96 drinks.

My comment is a bit of humor as whether water, beer mixed drinks or ??, am pretty sure I could not consume that much liquid in a day.

Yes indeed, I just hauled out my BIG number calculator , but after consulting my Magic 8 Ball, I was advised to not do it.

• Haha 1