Jump to content

When is the Odyssey suppose to launch?


Recommended Posts

We have a TA on the Odyssey late Oct. 

 

Maybe I'm just kidding, but I hope we aren't the initial launch. 

 

Does anyone know when she will be officially launched?

 

Cheers

Len

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Giantfan13 said:

We have a TA on the Odyssey late Oct. 

 

Maybe I'm just kidding, but I hope we aren't the initial launch. 

 

Does anyone know when she will be officially launched?

 

Cheers

Len

 

Currently on her second delay.

 

Your TA is extremely iffy, as is mine on Harmony 

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, CaroleSS said:

We are on the Nov 11 Southern Caribbean sailing and I'm 99.99% certain we won't be going. Now, there STILL is that .01% chance! 😇

 

You might go. Better odds than the TA.

 

Is that the first US sailing?

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Giantfan13 said:

Does anyone know when she will be officially launched?

 

Depends on what you mean by "launched". The hand over might be by the end of March as she was supposed to sail by early April. But so far all cruises are suspended til the end of April.

 

When will she sail? As soon as possible... when cruising is possible again in the Med... So far all Spanish ports are closed except for the Canary Islands. Portugal is closed. Italian ports are open. Greek ports are closed...

 

So no place to go...

 

steamboats

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

 

You might go. Better odds than the TA.

 

Is that the first US sailing?

Yes, it looks like it is the first US sailing.

 

not sure how she will GET here without a TA!

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, CaroleSS said:

 

not sure how she will GET here without a TA!

Thinking that is the obstacle as well!  We booked are on 11/11 sailing  with you.  Hoping for the best, but who knows at this point!

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, CaroleSS said:

Yes, it looks like it is the first US sailing.

 

not sure how she will GET here without a TA!

She could deadhead across like Allure just did.

Edited by orville99
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, orville99 said:

She could deadhead across like Allure just did.

In other words sail across the Atlantic without paying passengers (For those that don't know the terminology).

Edited by kwokpot
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CaroleSS said:

Hopefully they shake things out during that trip!
 

Fingers (toes, eyes!) crossed 🤪🤞

What would they need to shake out.  She is supposed to be sailing in the med during the summer. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

What would they need to shake out.  She is supposed to be sailing in the med during the summer. 

Well, given that most Mediterranean ports are closed now (and my magic 8-ball has cracked from overuse) I wasn't sure if she would be sailing at all over the summer!

Link to post
Share on other sites

We are booked on what has now become Odyssey's Inaugural sailing, May 9.  Most ports on itinerary are closed.  As of now, we'd be scrambling through Civitavecchia trying to find a Covid testing site to get back into the US via air.  Just don't see this happening.

 

Do the test/trial cruises required by the CDC prior to resuming US departures apply to overseas departures?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ballwin Babe said:

Do the test/trial cruises required by the CDC prior to resuming US departures apply to overseas departures?

No.  None of the CDC requirement apply unless the ship departs from, stops at or returns to a US port. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, fweegy said:

I'm also on that TA in October and my gut is telling me it will be cancelled. Already had 3 cancelled so far. Getting tired of this.

We're also on the Odyssey TA in Oct as well as the following 9N S. Caribbean sailing on Nov 11th.

 

Even if it's a non-revenue TA sailing and then Odyssey has to quarantine for 28 days upon arrival to comply with CDC green status, the first 1-2 sailings from the U.S. are likely in jeopardy.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, long4acruise said:

We're also on the Odyssey TA in Oct as well as the following 9N S. Caribbean sailing on Nov 11th.

 

Even if it's a non-revenue TA sailing and then Odyssey has to quarantine for 28 days upon arrival to comply with CDC green status, the first 1-2 sailings from the U.S. are likely in jeopardy.

 

The CDC conditional sail framework expires Nov. 1. After that there is no 28 day quarantine requirement. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The CDC conditional sail framework expires Nov. 1. After that there is no 28 day quarantine requirement. 

Thanks for the reminder!  So much to remember, cancel, coordinate..

 

Looking forward to hopefully sailing the 9N S.C sailing on Nov 11th.

 

Not sure if there's anything special about this sailing but I do recall that RC took a long time to announce it, even though later Nov-Dec sailings had been released. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I was on the 3 dayer to launch from Southampton, but they cancelled

 

Am still booked on the May 9th trip to Israel

 

One the surface, it seems this is an easy one to cancel, but if the info above is right and Italian ports are open, but Greek ports are closed... The cruise is scheduled to go to Israel, where everyone will be vaccinated by May. All over 50s in the UK will also be vaccinated by May

 

If they include vaccine passports, I can see no reason why this cruise will not sail with a slightly altered itinerary

 

Alternatively, it could be delayed a month for those booked to lift and shift to

 

I bow to wiser and more knowledgeable heads on here, but I prefer optimism (however misguided) over pessimism

 

Has anyone aggregated the date Royal will next cancel?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Register Now for Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • Q&A with the Quark Expeditions Team: New Ship Ultramarine
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...