The Daily for Saturday Feb 13, 2021

richwmn

1 hour ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Please, please, please refrain from discussing anything political on our Daily whether pro, con, or indifferent. This is not the place to discuss it. Long timers will stop posting. 

Joy

Thank you. The comment was unnecessary and inappropriate.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Please, please, please refrain from discussing anything political on our Daily whether pro, con, or indifferent. This is not the place to discuss it. Long timers will stop posting. 

Joy

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Joy,  I could not agree more!!  I was also surprised!! This put a small damper in my evening just now! Had a wonderful dinner read CC and the quote and felt sad!

I am definitely a long timer and I will stand behind you in this one. 
Denise

• Like 6

Weekly check in to thank y'all for the thread. I do check each day, but haven't been responding. We've been busy, and with appointments with the bank today, and the lawyer on Wednesday, it looks like this move will be going through without a hitch. 🤞

Here's to the long weekend here in Ontario (Family Day) and the last two days of filling my dumpster. LOL

Be well. Stay safe. Be kind. Wear a mask! 😷

And HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY ❤️❤️❤️

• Like 13

1 hour ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Joy,  I could not agree more!!  I was also surprised!! This put a small damper in my evening just now! Had a wonderful dinner read CC and the quote and felt sad!

I am definitely a long timer and I will stand behind you in this one. 
Denise

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I have to agree.  It's nicer here when we can all enjoy talking about our daily lives.  No stress allowed here!  Thank you, Joy!!!

1 hour ago, DFD1 said:

Thank you. The comment was unnecessary and inappropriate.

Rich started our Daily because our community loved his posts of the Fleet Report. It morphed into a neighborhood of friends to talk about our daily lives. We agree that politics are personal. Please do not address your political feelings. This is a community of love, prayers and locations of our beloved ships where we pray for a healthy cruise in the near future! 

• Like 6

On 2/13/2021 at 1:15 PM, USN59-79 said:

Being Mortal by Atul Gawande.  It has information and ideas on what we should do as we or our loved ones reach the age where it becomes difficult to care for ourselves.  Choices we need to make about living at home, assisted living, nursing homes, the danger of falling, and other things we usually avoid thinking about. 

I just wanted to circle back, Ray, and thank you for recommending this book. I am almost finished reading it, and have already advised my family and friends as to the important issues it raises. Several friends are currently faced with some of the dilemmas covered by the doctor. 

And now I know that even the most amazing “assisted living” place can still be a prison.

Ann

• Like 1