M-class Celebrity Suite bathtub

goofysmom99

It's been well over a decade since I've had an m-class CS but remember the bathtub was challenging.  I'm older and shorter now so before I book one for next year, are there some tricks I should know about to make entering/exiting that tub safer?

Edited by goofysmom99

I am very short but also very flexible.  I sit on the tub edge and pull my knees up toward my face.  Then I turn toward the tub.  With the position of the shelving in the M-class Celebrity Suite bathrooms (we've been in CSs on two of the M-class ships) I find I need to pull my knees upward and doubt I could swing over keeping my legs stretched straight.

• Thanks 1

I don't like tubs in general, and tubs on cruise ships in particular – but I don't recall this particular tub being a problem.  Getting in was no problem at all.  Getting out I followed the sit and swivel approach and there were other fixtures to grip on to. 

[The only time I really had a problem was on land, in a sunken bathtub – had to get DW to come and pull me out.  And this was while we were hiking the Camino de Santiago, so we were quite fit!!!] 

The bottom line is the M-class Celebrity Suite is the best cabin we have had on any cruise.  Love the layout, the position on the ship, the curved window wall and balcony.  The only problem was that the built-in cabinets were past their sell-by date and several doors wouldn't stay closed – but this will be fixed with the revolution drydocks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I enjoy sailing on the M-Class in the CS too.  But even the ships that have been renovated have not fixed the bath tub situation.  It is a challenge for some.  The tub is high.  But the problem is that it is too close to the toilet so there is relatively little space to maneuver.  It bogles the mind that after two decades of complaints about this, Celebrity did not address it with the recent M-Class renovations (ie., the Revolution). 

8 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Those tubs are an accident waiting to happen.

I agree.  I am not lucky enough to sail in suites often, but when I do this is the one thing I hate about them.  Last time we were in a suite it was an S1 on S class in the aft corner.  Lovely room.  But the seas were rough and we were rocking and rolling.  Worse, there was no bath mat and the tub was slippery as all heck  (I did later ask for one and got one).  I thought I was going to go flying - I was hanging on for dear life.  Give me a nice shower stall with an easy to reach handle any day!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, phoenix_dream said:

I agree.  I am not lucky enough to sail in suites often, but when I do this is the one thing I hate about them.  Last time we were in a suite it was an S1 on S class in the aft corner.  Lovely room.  But the seas were rough and we were rocking and rolling.  Worse, there was no bath mat and the tub was slippery as all heck  (I did later ask for one and got one).  I thought I was going to go flying - I was hanging on for dear life.  Give me a nice shower stall with an easy to reach handle any day!

I've decided to bring along a suction cup-type bathmat.  Can easily put it in the outer pocket of my checked bag.  Think theirs for inside the tub and mine outside would do it.  I never used to even think about falling but now that I have bum knees with no shot for new ones, I worry about that a whole lot.