All May sailings is now canceled

shof515

5 minutes ago, oteixeira said:

Quite surprised they didn't go for May in the Med, that is the start of the season there, and they could work with those governments much easier then the USA and the CDC hoops.

I was booked on the Epic from Barcelona in May and I think that most of the cities aren't going to allow US citizens in until later in the summer without quarantine.  MSC is a more European based line so they can book with only European citizens, but I don't think NCL and others would be able to fill ships as well.  I think that they will eventually start with Europe, but probably not until June/July at the earliest...but who knows!

• Like 3

We’re in no hurry to book anything yet.  Just popped in here to say we are missing our annual spring cruising so badly.  Can hardly wait for a safe return to sailing.  Miss you pool, spa, theatre, yummy dinners, ice cream machines, room stewards, and oh those beautiful views.   Tick tick.... not wishing away my life, just the pandemic.  Last ship we were on was the Joy.  🥰 Not my favorite ship, but nothing wrong with it either!  

0E7B6287-A1A5-4CA3-91E0-02755B70406F.jpeg

• Like 7

This is just Rinse & Repeat at the present. Around March 12th, you won't be able to access any June cruises. On March 15th, NCL will announce cancelation of June. Fasforward another 30 days, same thing for June. April 15, no access to July and cancelation on April 19. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, oteixeira said:

Quite surprised they didn't go for May in the Med, that is the start of the season there, and they could work with those governments much easier then the USA and the CDC hoops.

A lot of Europe is closed to travelers. I subscribe to an email newsletter for the Normandy region in France. Email I received last week is they are "HOPING" by August they will be open to tourists

3 minutes ago, njkate said:

A lot of Europe is closed to travelers. I subscribe to an email newsletter for the Normandy region in France. Email I received last week is they are "HOPING" by August they will be open to tourists

Ugh!  I hope so too!  I have a river cruise through Burgundy scheduled for the last week in August.  I knew that May was a no-go for Europe, so not surprised about my Epic cruise, but really looking forward to Burgundy as it is already a re-schedule from April 2020.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, oteixeira said:

Hardly a surprise ith most of Europe still unvaccinated. It will not be before July before we see any cruises or at least mega cruises in Europe and given the UK and professor lockdown we will not see any ships here this year. This is not speculation  given our government has told us not to book summer  holidays yet!!

9 hours ago, oteixeira said:

Tell me you are joking, or is it simply you don't have any insight outwith the USofA? 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, 2bc cruisers said:

We’re in no hurry to book anything yet.  Just popped in here to say we are missing our annual spring cruising so badly.  Can hardly wait for a safe return to sailing.  Miss you pool, spa, theatre, yummy dinners, ice cream machines, room stewards, and oh those beautiful views.   Tick tick.... not wishing away my life, just the pandemic.  Last ship we were on was the Joy.  🥰 Not my favorite ship, but nothing wrong with it either!  

0E7B6287-A1A5-4CA3-91E0-02755B70406F.jpeg

Ditto here. Nice picture of you two, thanks for posting. Whereabouts in Michigan?

7 hours ago, Sand and Seas said:

All of the May sailings disappeared off the web site on Saturday.  Guess they wanted to wait until after the holiday to be 'official' about it😒

At least the last three official cancellations all happened on a Tuesday.

We were booked on PoA (Hawaii) in Sept 2020 which we rebooked for Sept 2021.  That seemed so far off at the time.  Since husband and I are in the bottom tier for the Covid vaccine (and we have a conflict for the 2021 date now anyway), we pushed our cruise yet another year to Sept 2022.  My initial excitement about this cruise (as well as a lot of things in life) has diminished so much. I'm hoping life is some kind of normal-ish by then, but not much surprises me these days. 

18 minutes ago, Jeanne2 said:

We were booked on PoA (Hawaii) in Sept 2020 which we rebooked for Sept 2021.  That seemed so far off at the time.  Since husband and I are in the bottom tier for the Covid vaccine (and we have a conflict for the 2021 date now anyway), we pushed our cruise yet another year to Sept 2022.  My initial excitement about this cruise (as well as a lot of things in life) has diminished so much. I'm hoping life is some kind of normal-ish by then, but not much surprises me these days. 

I totally feel the same. just so depressing. would love to get back to normal and have something to look forward to. hopefully things will improve soon... but like you, not sure when this will be 😞

• Like 1

So sad this is our second cancelled trip. Our 2020 when canceled we got 25% to rebook, planned to rebook so was a nice little extra, who would have thought this would last this long. Now canceled again and they not only took back the 25% but want me to pay 1,313.00 more for the same cabin later this year. Unbelievable anybody else getting this treatment from NCL? At the very least only charge us what we paid originally in 2020. Should have listened to my husband on took the cash refund in 2020, but planned to keep cruising so thought no big deal now that's not an option.

I miss the sea :(. Take care everybody and stay safe.

22 minutes ago, latebloomer56 said:

So sad this is our second cancelled trip. Our 2020 when canceled we got 25% to rebook, planned to rebook so was a nice little extra, who would have thought this would last this long. Now canceled again and they not only took back the 25% but want me to pay 1,313.00 more for the same cabin later this year. Unbelievable anybody else getting this treatment from NCL? At the very least only charge us what we paid originally in 2020. Should have listened to my husband on took the cash refund in 2020, but planned to keep cruising so thought no big deal now that's not an option.

I miss the sea :(. Take care everybody and stay safe.

I've had multiple cruises cancelled, including ones paid with FCC (including the 25% bonus).  I've always gotten my 25% bonus back, so something doesn't seem right.  Just as an FYI, when you rebook using FCC, the 25% bonus amount gets taken off the "base fare" amount on your confirmation.  It isn't listed as a payment anywhere, and when they do that, it disappears from your Latitudes account.  So if you are rebooking, that 25% might actually be there, it just might not be where you expect.  But if it's definitely not there, I'd contact NCL, because you should get that back.

2 hours ago, kaprin02 said:

I've had multiple cruises cancelled, including ones paid with FCC (including the 25% bonus).  I've always gotten my 25% bonus back, so something doesn't seem right.  Just as an FYI, when you rebook using FCC, the 25% bonus amount gets taken off the "base fare" amount on your confirmation.  It isn't listed as a payment anywhere, and when they do that, it disappears from your Latitudes account.  So if you are rebooking, that 25% might actually be there, it just might not be where you expect.  But if it's definitely not there, I'd contact NCL, because you should get that back.

Thank you so much I am telling my TA right now to have this looked at.

Have a great day.

On 2/18/2021 at 12:17 PM, kaprin02 said:

You're welcome.  Good Luck!  Hope you and your TA can get it figured out.

TA went back with our original booking paid in full, and the first rebook. Still need to pay 127.00 more but same location and it's the Halloween cruise so a little extra for the kids.

Thanks again love this site.