The Daily for Saturday Feb 27, 2021

richwmn

3 hours ago, superoma said:

My father who is 90 an living in his own home is registered for the Covid vaccine. He should have an appointment next week. I was so surprised when he said he would get the vaccine because he never takes the annual flu vaccine. Things are starting to pick up in Ontario.

On a totally  different  topic, my snow drops are out.. spring is working hard to make an appearance.

19BFBE3D-46A6-4BDB-88F6-AA2F21ACB264.jpeg

Lovely to see the snowdrops, thank you.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Wow.. 2 wine reviews on one thread.. I personally like Ann's plain and simple review.. too much more information puts my head into a spin! 🤪 

Don't forget sister's... tonight's the night to pop our corks! 

Xx, Joy

Joy, just think of mine as the “I know what I like” sort of review & @XBGuy’s as more of a purist review.  Kind of like a wine steward vs a sommelier.

Just scroll by if it’s too much info. There is room for both Big Picture & Detail-Oriented reviews on the Daily.  Love you!❤️

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 14

Good Evening All!

@XBGuy Stopped by your favorite bagel shop a few hours ago and got DH some bagels and dessert for tonight. They were just closing and the lady gave me a cookie and some bagel slices.😁 We’ve sampled the slices, and 😋😍they are good. I told the lady that I had it on good word (on Cruise Critic) that they make the best bagels in SoCal.

Happened to see the sign for Cal Poly’s Farm Store as I was leaving the Covid Vaccination POD, but didn’t stop this time. I had no time to pre-plan the trip as I got my shot appointment just an hour before 🤪 and had to scramble to get my documentation together (and make it through 2 BIG traffic jams on the way). DH kept telling me I had plenty of time and gave me great directions (even though he probably hasn’t been on campus in 20+ years). So have got 3 weeks to plan the visit to the Farm Store, and of course swing by bagels. So, yah, #1 is done! BTW, they ran a great POD.

I’m so tired of hearing people turn their noses up at going to a POD. 

@erewhon Sorry to hear about your local cases. Hopefully there will be no further spread.

So we’re going to celebrate with this, a bottle of “Subaru” wine I found at Trader Joe’s.

750C1BF8-42F7-4E5B-9047-3D7D1533044D.jpeg

Edited by TiogaCruiser
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AncientWanderer said:

Wonderful sketch, Denise, and can't tell you how much I've enjoyed the photos of your nest.

We have so many hummingbirds in our yard all year round, and I've never been able to find where they go to sleep at night.  I've suspected they are up in our palms, but have never seen a nest from our upper balcony.  And I look hard!  They're like little elves -- just come and go like magic.  Thank you sharing your bit of magic there.  😊

image.thumb.jpeg.c90e16828779c6d193f64f72c46d3cc0.jpegThank you!! This was from when we came back from our kayaking at 1! She was like a sentinel at attention!!  Just so happy to see her!

Denise😊

• Like 16

29 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

image.thumb.jpeg.c90e16828779c6d193f64f72c46d3cc0.jpegThank you!! This was from when we came back from our kayaking at 1! She was like a sentinel at attention!!  Just so happy to see her!

Denise😊

I love her!! We had 1 nest we coveted for the nesting.  Took a hundred pictures because we never saw a nest.

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

I love her!! We had 1 nest we coveted for the nesting.  Took a hundred pictures because we never saw a nest.

Hi sis!!! ❤️ I call her mama! She is so sweet!! I check on her so much from the one bedroom window. She seems to leave her nest only for a short time and always is back to settle in! It gives me something to look out for and I guess take care of her.

we had a nice sunset sitting outside! Having a Jameson’s!!!Hope your patio is going well!

❤️You

• Like 4

10 hours ago, erewhon said:

As there have been some new Community cases of Covid-19 diagnosed in South Auckland, Auckland is back in Alert Level 3, the rest of the country in Alert Level 2.

Sorry to hear of the new cases 😞 Hope Auckland can soon go back to level 2.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, TiogaCruiser said:

Good Evening All!

@XBGuy Stopped by your favorite bagel shop a few hours ago and got DH some bagels and dessert for tonight. They were just closing and the lady gave me a cookie and some bagel slices.😁 We’ve sampled the slices, and 😋😍they are good. I told the lady that I had it on good word (on Cruise Critic) that they make the best bagels in SoCal.

Happened to see the sign for Cal Poly’s Farm Store as I was leaving the Covid Vaccination POD, but didn’t stop this time. I had no time to pre-plan the trip as I got my shot appointment just an hour before 🤪 and had to scramble to get my documentation together (and make it through 2 BIG traffic jams on the way). DH kept telling me I had plenty of time and gave me great directions (even though he probably hasn’t been on campus in 20+ years). So have got 3 weeks to plan the visit to the Farm Store, and of course swing by bagels. So, yah, #1 is done! BTW, they ran a great POD.

I’m so tired of hearing people turn their noses up at going to a POD. 

@erewhon Sorry to hear about your local cases. Hopefully there will be no further spread.

So we’re going to celebrate with this, a bottle of “Subaru” wine I found at Trader Joe’s.

750C1BF8-42F7-4E5B-9047-3D7D1533044D.jpeg

I am glad that you made it to Bageloo.  Lately, I've beem making sure we have a stash of bagel chips on hand for dipping into hummus.  On my last visit (Friday) I grabbed a packet of the butter cookies.  They are terrific.  I also grabbed a slice of Red Velvet Cake for Mrs. XBGuy.  Cake is an easy way for me to earn husbanc points.

Mrs. XBGuy is a Cal Poly grad--Hospitality Management.  However, she knew that she really did not want to work in a restaurant or a hotel.  She worked at Cal Poly for a few years and,  eventually, fell into an interesting career in recipe development.

We went to the Fairplex for our shots and were very impressed.  Everybody knew their job and performed magnificently.  Also, everybody showed us extreme courtesy.  The organizers deserve a lot of credit for conceiving and implementing a very well thought out plan.

I've never heard of a "Subaru wine" and Google was not helpful at all.  What is it?  "GSM" on the label suggests to me that it is a blend made from Grenache, Syrah and Mourvedre grapes.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, XBGuy said:

I am glad that you made it to Bageloo.  Lately, I've beem making sure we have a stash of bagel chips on hand for dipping into hummus.  On my last visit (Friday) I grabbed a packet of the butter cookies.  They are terrific.  I also grabbed a slice of Red Velvet Cake for Mrs. XBGuy.  Cake is an easy way for me to earn husbanc points.

Mrs. XBGuy is a Cal Poly grad--Hospitality Management.  However, she knew that she really did not want to work in a restaurant or a hotel.  She worked at Cal Poly for a few years and,  eventually, fell into an interesting career in recipe development.

We went to the Fairplex for our shots and were very impressed.  Everybody knew their job and performed magnificently.  Also, everybody showed us extreme courtesy.  The organizers deserve a lot of credit for conceiving and implementing a very well thought out plan.

I've never heard of a "Subaru wine" and Google was not helpful at all.  What is it?  "GSM" on the label suggests to me that it is a blend made from Grenache, Syrah and Mourvedre grapes.

“Subaru “ wine:

DH got it when I showed him the label. He wondered if they could “do that”. We love our Subis.

3A7390A7-7E04-4AF5-A541-4B634292A699.thumb.jpeg.406702f8f607887fba64a72ee326d74c.jpeg

1A843891-B950-4033-AFA6-0A69A36F28BF.jpeg.4d0de4789c5b680f6513e11cc3da2f47.jpeg

PODs, at least in my jurisdiction ( and the one I went to yesterday), work under ICS (Incident Command), used by Law Enforcement and Fire. We began to be introduced (indoctrinated) to the model soon after 9-11 when we began PODs to deal with medical threats (such as anthrax and other communicable disease). So you show up, get your JIT (Just In Time training) and briefing, Job Action Sheet, do your job, and when it’s all done, attend HotWash (post action debriefing). Everyone knows their piece and works as a team.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, TiogaCruiser said:

“Subaru “ wine:

DH got it when I showed him the label. He wondered if they could “do that”. We love our Subis.

3A7390A7-7E04-4AF5-A541-4B634292A699.thumb.jpeg.406702f8f607887fba64a72ee326d74c.jpeg

1A843891-B950-4033-AFA6-0A69A36F28BF.jpeg.4d0de4789c5b680f6513e11cc3da2f47.jpeg

PODs, at least in my jurisdiction ( and the one I went to yesterday), work under ICS (Incident Command), used by Law Enforcement and Fire. We began to be introduced (indoctrinated) to the model soon after 9-11 when we began PODs to deal with medical threats (such as anthrax and other communicable disease). So you show up, get your JIT (Just In Time training) and briefing, Job Action Sheet, do your job, and when it’s all done, attend HotWash (post action debriefing). Everyone knows their piece and works as a team.

Well, duh.

Thx

• Like 1