Should I pay balance?

We are not cruising until July 22 but it is out of Rome. Of course we do not know if July will be cancelled also, but my final Balance is due the end of April. I am waiting until the last possible minute but should I pay the balance or cancel if no word has come yet. I do not want more money tied up in cruise fare. Thanks.

2 minutes ago, kris4842 said:

We are not cruising until July 22 but it is out of Rome. Of course we do not know if July will be cancelled also, but my final Balance is due the end of April. I am waiting until the last possible minute but should I pay the balance or cancel if no word has come yet. I do not want more money tied up in cruise fare. Thanks.

If you don't pay it when it's due they will cancel your cruise.  We try to wait, but have cancelled several prior to final payment to avoid giving RCI that much money to sit on, even at a 125% FCC.  I'd rather keep my money.  So, your choices are either pay and decide what to do with it if they cancel or cancel prior to final payment. It's entirely your choice, or they will make it for you.

14 minutes ago, kris4842 said:

I would base my decision on whether I had a really good price on the cruise that I want to protect by doing a lift and shift if offered.  If its not a great price then cancel before final and take the refund or FCC depending on your deposit type.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Cigar King said:

It sounds like you have already made up your mind.

57 minutes ago, kris4842 said:

You still have about a month. just wait and see. they have not announce any cruise updates since Jan when other cruise line are cancelling and changing their Itinerary. I am pretty sure if they want to do something like Princess, which is changing to shorter cruise to no where Itinerary, they will need to make announcement and start booking the new itinerary soon.

I would wait till the last minute to see if they cancel. If the prices haven’t gone up you can always rebook after final payment. The only problem is you might lose the location if you wanted that area and there’s always a chance the price could go up. It’s unfortunately a gamble either way. Good luck whatever you do.

1 hour ago, Garyjames220 said:

When do u think they will cancel May now. Can’t be long surly 

it could be anytime soon unless they are betting on the original itinerary is a go. Logically, they know they will need to act soon if they want their idle ships start booking and earning revenue with new shorter itinerary.

12 hours ago, kris4842 said:

I do not want more money tied up in cruise fare.

See if there are any cabins cheaper than yours and downgrade to that, make final payment (because RCI is unlikely to cancel before that) and then take the refund when RCI finally cancels.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, kris4842 said:

If you mean the final payment is due this April for a July 22 cruise, then I would cancel the cruise.  But I think you must mean the final payment is due April '22.  You have some time yet to see how things go.  

6 hours ago, ldubs said:

If you mean the final payment is due this April for a July 22 cruise, then I would cancel the cruise.  But I think you must mean the final payment is due April '22.  You have some time yet to see how things go.  

I think the OP is talking about a July 22, 2021 cruise. 

• Like 2

We paid had to cancel a cruise for August last year and got the cruise credit.

We rebooked for July this year from Barcelona which is not cancelled but i doubt it will go ahead.  

We wont have been vaccinated in Ireland anyway.

So final payment is coming up in the next few weeks.  

RC already have €1200 from us for deposit.  I dont want to hand them anymore.

Anyone know what my options are?

I dont understand the cruise with confidence.

If I cancel before 1st April, do I get the full €1200 credit that i can use to book a cruise sailing up to September 2022?   Or does it have to be used within 1 year from the date it was cancelled.

Because We can only ever get holidays first 2 weeks in July, we would not be able to use any cruise credit for sailings before July.

Any advice much appreciated.  Have had no luck getting a reply from Royal Caribbean on this yet.

55 minutes ago, Daithi2021 said:

If I cancel before 1st April, do I get the full €1200 credit that i can use to book a cruise sailing up to September 2022? 

Welcome to CC.

Under CWC you can cancel at any time and get an FCC for your full deposit amount. I would wait till closer to final payment to cancel, RCI may cancel before your final payment and then you'd have more choices.

Thanks Biker.

I'll probably wait til closer to final payment to cancel but RC seem to be waiting til after final payments to cancel cruises anyway.

If I did cancel say on 1st April would I still get the FCC to be used for cruises departing in July 2022?

Or would it have to be used on a cruise sailing before 1st April 2022?

Thanks for your help on this.

37 minutes ago, Daithi2021 said:

If I did cancel say on 1st April would I still get the FCC to be used for cruises departing in July 2022?

Yes. While RCI has been cancelling after US final payment (90 days most of the time), most of the time the cancellations came before Euro market final payment (less than 60 days).

1 hour ago, Daithi2021 said:

Or would it have to be used on a cruise sailing before 1st April 2022?

Under CWC you can cancel anytime up until 48 hours prior to departure for any sailing departing before April 30,2022

In your case this means you can cancel at any time up until your final payment (as you stated you didn’t want to make final payment).  Ignore the April 1, 2021 date as it is irrelevant. .

You would get an FCC that has to be applied by April 2022 to a ship that sails before Sept 30, 2022

Edited by Ourusualbeach

On 3/8/2021 at 3:41 PM, jmhlin said:

it could be anytime soon unless they are betting on the original itinerary is a go. Logically, they know they will need to act soon if they want their idle ships start booking and earning revenue with new shorter itinerary.

What American's are going to book a shorter cruise when flying all the way to Europe? My guess if they go to shorter cruises will just be for local people.

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

What American's are going to book a shorter cruise when flying all the way to Europe? My guess if they go to shorter cruises will just be for local people.

Yep, for sure, it will be like princess. I started to think because RCI is more American based. They may not do anything until CDC approved and started to focus more on U.S. local cruises. Then, they may keep their ships around Caribbean for this fall and winters. That is my guess but who knows. 

Didn’t want to start a new thread. 

So far, our mid-June cruise out of Miami hasn’t been cancelled yet. Five day cruise to Coco Cay and Nassau.  I just got the reminder that final payment is due on the 31st. 

If there is a cruise, we are going. Our party consists of me, my adult daughter and her 12-year old daughter. My daughter and I will be fully vaccinated. My granddaughter, of course, will not. 

I have my doubts that the cruise will happen. But I’m not sure. I have the final payment funds. But I don’t want to commit until the last minute. 

One thing about a cruise credit. We are sailing on a “kids cruise free” fare. For those 12 and younger. Meaning we can’t get that fare for my granddaughter, next year. 

56 minutes ago, LadyBeBop said:

Didn’t want to start a new thread. 

So far, our mid-June cruise out of Miami hasn’t been cancelled yet. Five day cruise to Coco Cay and Nassau.  I just got the reminder that final payment is due on the 31st. 

If there is a cruise, we are going. Our party consists of me, my adult daughter and her 12-year old daughter. My daughter and I will be fully vaccinated. My granddaughter, of course, will not. 

I have my doubts that the cruise will happen. But I’m not sure. I have the final payment funds. But I don’t want to commit until the last minute. 

One thing about a cruise credit. We are sailing on a “kids cruise free” fare. For those 12 and younger. Meaning we can’t get that fare for my granddaughter, next year. 

If you have/take an FCC the KSF would still follow you as price protected...unless I'm not understanding your complete question.

On 3/17/2021 at 11:05 AM, Ashland said:

I missed/assumed this also....OP should have given the exact date...JMHO

It is not a biggie for me.   Now that I understand it seems pretty obvious.  Also, I'm not always as "precise" as I suppose I should be.  Haha.   

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Ashland said:

If you have/take an FCC the KSF would still follow you as price protected...unless I'm not understanding your complete question.

Honestly, I’m not sure I understand my complete question. 

Can I assume if there is a cancellation after final payment, I can get a full refund?

Also, can I assume if there is a cancellation, either before or after final payment, our price for a 2022 cruise of the same itinerary will be locked in?  Including my 13 year old (as of October)granddaughter sailing at the kids sail free price?