vaccine required?

delliemd

15 minutes ago, Ride-The-Waves said:

While some what to debate the efficacy and validity of the WHO Carte Jaune, it is still today the only recognized international record of vaccination.  Have carried it since 1949 and last used it following a healthy series of boosters prior to travel into Africa for a safari.  During the 1950s is as requested at borders before they would ask for a passport.

Its a paper booklet.  Can it be copied?  Sure.  However, most border personnel could probably spot a fake. So if you are interested in faking yourself that you are vaccinated, go ahead and print a fake.  I'll rely on certified stamps from medical centers to record my vaccinations.

I think that the people who would fake a vaccine record in order to board a cruise ship are the same people who wouldn't be able to keep quiet about the fact that they did so.   A simple "banned for life" policy for doing so would be appropriate for those who choose to do so. 

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Ride-The-Waves said:

While some what to debate the efficacy and validity of the WHO Carte Jaune, it is still today the only recognized international record of vaccination.  Have carried it since 1949 and last used it following a healthy series of boosters prior to travel into Africa for a safari.  During the 1950s is as requested at borders before they would ask for a passport.

Its a paper booklet.  Can it be copied?  Sure.  However, most border personnel could probably spot a fake. So if you are interested in faking yourself that you are vaccinated, go ahead and print a fake.  I'll rely on certified stamps from medical centers to record my vaccinations.

I'm curious, who is going to stamp your Carte Jaune with your Covid-19 vaccination series?  Most people aren't getting the vaccines at a medical center.

1 hour ago, Ride-The-Waves said:

...  I'll rely on certified stamps from medical centers to record my vaccinations.

I just double checked. There is no “stamp” on my Covid vaccination card. They used stickers to add all the information on mine.

My husband’s card has hand written dates, product name/ mfg and lot number,  as well as healthcare professional and clinic site. Same card, but the data was added differently for the first and second (hand written and sticker for him). 

I’ve provided my card to my healthcare provider (they took photos) and the information has been added to my official record, so if I request a vaccination list (like people need for school) I might get a stamped form with them all, but my official Covid card- stickers.

Not sure what we will need to provide cruise lines, if anything at all, but I suspect what people provide will be accepted as real information. I don’t think we can control the liars out there. The problem will be if people lie and then the repercussions of getting people on a ship sick- end of cruise, ruined for everyone-and the liars won’t consider themselves to blame. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daniel A said:

I'm curious, who is going to stamp your Carte Jaune with your Covid-19 vaccination series?  Most people aren't getting the vaccines at a medical center.

Most pharmacies will complete the form as well.  When I got my first shot I asked them if I brought my vaccination booklet with me when I got my second shot if they would complete the entries in it.  They said that they would.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ride-The-Waves said:

Printing and assembling a blank book that you then use for medical professionals to complete vaccination information is perfectly valid.

That is why the WHO provides it online to be printed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ride-The-Waves said:

Is that actually a thing?   Certified stamps?  

And who certifies the information that THEY have, in particular with covid vaccines when there isn't necessarily a means of automatically entering vaccination info into a centralized database? 

On 3/22/2021 at 7:26 AM, SargassoPirate said:

Last March, She Who Must be Obeyed and I followed Dr. Fauci's advice when he said on 60 Minutes there was no need for us to wear a mask.  We flew to Australia to begin three weeks on land before boarding the Ruby Princess to sail back to the US.  We ended up stuck in Australia as they closed their internal borders, the cruise was cancelled, and airlines stopped flying.

Don't put Dr. Fauci on a pedestal.

Were you expecting the CDC to advise you on the conditions in Australia?

At the time, it was a rapidly changing situation, and it sounds like you were expecting perfect advice good

for 3+ weeks into the future?

I had a more succinct, polite reply ... that seems to have gone poof.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, D C said:

Is that actually a thing?   Certified stamps?  

And who certifies the information that THEY have, in particular with covid vaccines when there isn't necessarily a means of automatically entering vaccination info into a centralized database? 

Unless I am mistaken my CDC card with stickers after the first shot states that the information is going to a state database 

1 hour ago, memoak said:

Unless I am mistaken my CDC card with stickers after the first shot states that the information is going to a state database 

After my second vaccination I received an email from the California Department of Heath saying I had completed my second dose and it provided a link to vsafe CDC where I could register (provide name and vaccine information). Then I received emails asking me to do Heath check ins and describe if I had any symptoms, which ones, and rate them as mild, moderate or severe. Then there was a blurb that I could be contacted by the CDC.

I suspect that means I’m in the state database.

5 minutes ago, jennybenny said:

After my second vaccination I received an email from the California Department of Heath saying I had completed my second dose and it provided a link to vsafe CDC where I could register (provide name and vaccine information). Then I received emails asking me to do Heath check ins and describe if I had any symptoms, which ones, and rate them as mild, moderate or severe. Then there was a blurb that I could be contacted by the CDC.

I suspect that means I’m in the state database.

You may well be in your state's database however when you enroll in v-save, it's run by the CDC and you information is now in a federal database as well.

• Like 2

I suggest people watch the You Tube video Covid-19 The Inside Story of the Princess Diamond Coronavirus Infection Outbreak Onboard. It should be all the explanation anyone needs. How fast people forget. I will not cruise if vaccinations are not required. Masks will need to be worn in public areas till we are sure that we are past the high infection rate. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Ride-The-Waves said:

I'll rely on certified stamps from medical centers to record my vaccinations.

I had my two Covid shots from a drive through center. No certified stamps, just hand written information on the CDC card.

Spouse had the two Covid shots from a hospital clinic. No certified stamps, just hand written information on the CDC card.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Roberto256 said:

Were you expecting the CDC to advise you on the conditions in Australia?

At the time, it was a rapidly changing situation, and it sounds like you were expecting perfect advice good

for 3+ weeks into the future?

I had a more succinct, polite reply ... that seems to have gone poof.

Actually, CDC does advise of health concerns worldwide.  I use them as a guide to see what shots they recommend before I travel internationally.  Last March, when Fauci made his no mask required declaration, there were no travel restrictions regarding the virus on CDC's website for Australia.  Masks weren't required in Australia, but there was a lot more hand sanitizer bottles in retail food settings. Here are the current recommendations:

COVID-19 Travel Recommendations by Destination | CDC

30 minutes ago, SargassoPirate said:

Actually, CDC does advise of health concerns worldwide.  I use them as a guide to see what shots they recommend before I travel internationally.  Last March, when Fauci made his no mask required declaration, there were no travel restrictions regarding the virus on CDC's website for Australia. 

So, what's the problem with Fauci's advice?   Not everything about coronavirus was known at that time.

(or even at this time)

How did the 'no mask' advice harm you?

In reviewing events ... the Diamond Princess situation was well known by March.

An Australian Diamond Princess passenger died in early March.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 3/18/2021 at 6:04 AM, USCcruisecrazy said:

Yes, I understand that the reason you take the vaccine is because if you catch the virus your chances of surviving are greatly increased...in fact may be asymptomatic for most people.  But, you stated you have a 98% chance to survive if you've had the vaccine.  In reality, you have a 98.2% chance to survive without the vaccine based on the death rate.  Your chance of survival with the vaccine is much greater than that.  I would venture to say you have perhaps .5% or less chance to die with the vaccine. 

I think we agree that the vaccine is a benefit because it helps prevent death.  I was just questioning the actual numbers being better than you stated. 

The overall death rate maybe less than 2% but who dies is very much based on age (among other factors). 

image.thumb.png.7a95130f5c500d93a6f2c834f70efc58.png

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1191568/reported-deaths-from-covid-by-age-us/

On 3/24/2021 at 1:42 PM, memoak said:

22 hours ago, beg3yrs said:

You may well be in your state's database however when you enroll in v-save, it's run by the CDC and you information is now in a federal database as well.

Michigan has no requirement for adult vaccinations to be reported. V-safe was mentioned in the paperwork and is completely voluntary. 

10 hours ago, caribill said:

I had my two Covid shots from a drive through center. No certified stamps, just hand written information on the CDC card.

Spouse had the two Covid shots from a hospital clinic. No certified stamps, just hand written information on the CDC card.

Ditto. My card has no stickers, no 'this info will go to xxx database', no signature, and didn't even have my name on it when I got it. 

• Thanks 1

On 3/19/2021 at 8:41 AM, Daniel A said:

I recall reading on several threads in prior years where posters were giving all kinds of reasons why they don't wash their hands before entering the buffet.  These people are allegedly adults complaining about washing their hands.  I wonder how many of the anti hand washing crowd are also in the anti vax crowd too.  Part of the Noro Virus problem was that the cruise lines were reluctant to enforce their own health rules.  No washy, washy - no eat at buffet, period.  I suspect the cruise lines will be much more attentive to all of their health rules going forward.

I am one of those who prefer not to wash my hands in public restrooms.  I do not know who touched the faucet or handle before me and often there is standing water on the counter next to it.  I DO use hand sanitizer, wash my hands frequently in my own bathroom or kitchen and carry towelettes in my purse.  There is more than one way to keep yourself safe.

• Like 1

On 3/19/2021 at 8:41 AM, Daniel A said:

I recall reading on several threads in prior years where posters were giving all kinds of reasons why they don't wash their hands before entering the buffet.  These people are allegedly adults complaining about washing their hands.  I wonder how many of the anti hand washing crowd are also in the anti vax crowd too.  Part of the Noro Virus problem was that the cruise lines were reluctant to enforce their own health rules.  No washy, washy - no eat at buffet, period.  I suspect the cruise lines will be much more attentive to all of their health rules going forward.

5 hours ago, jangor said:

I am one of those who prefer not to wash my hands in public restrooms.  I do not know who touched the faucet or handle before me and often there is standing water on the counter next to it.  I DO use hand sanitizer, wash my hands frequently in my own bathroom or kitchen and carry towelettes in my purse.  There is more than one way to keep yourself safe.

Do you plan to take the Covid Vaccine?

19 minutes ago, smellycruzer said:

I live near a university research hospital and have volunteered and taken all 3 vaccines at this point. Odds are extremely small I received all 3 placebos, so I think I'll be safe to cruise again soon :classic_love:

If the studies were 50/50 for placebo versus actual vaccine you have a 7 in 8 chance you've gotten a real vaccine. That's a 12.5% chance you didn't.

What you don't have is proof that you've been vaccinated. Unless you can get that, it probably won't matter what your chances are.

28 minutes ago, smellycruzer said:

I live near a university research hospital and have volunteered and taken all 3 vaccines at this point. Odds are extremely small I received all 3 placebos, so I think I'll be safe to cruise again soon :classic_love:

I think you should still get the vaccine. Can’t hurt

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, smellycruzer said:

That is quite bizarre participating in one trial should have made you ineligible to participate in the other trials according to the exclusion criteria in the protocols.

• Like 7

6 hours ago, jangor said:

Latest ships have overcome all the problems with taps.  All automated .. nothing to touch.  Hand sanitizer not as efficient as thorough hand washing but ok if nothing else available.  

• Like 4