Equinox November 2021 sailing chance

Houndfish

40 minutes ago, marieps said:

I certainly hope they will sail.  I have an October TA out of Southampton.  Hoping that goes too.

I would be less sure about the TA than a regular Caribbean sailing.

5 hours ago, Houndfish said:

What is your opinion on November 21 sailings happening?

If you told us where and how long, we could give a better answer without looking them up.  It all depends on how the countries where there are port calls are with COVID.  There are likely to be many changes for the rest of 2021 even for cruises that sail.  The rules then will likely require immunization.

13 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

Given that they are 9 and 12 night itineraries I'm not sure they will sail as advertised.  Not sure how long it's going to take for CDC to lift the 7 day requirement.

The current requirement for 7-day cruises goes up to 1 November as of this date.  Hopefully they won't extend it.

3 hours ago, Auntiemomo said:

The current requirement for 7-day cruises goes up to 1 November as of this date.  Hopefully they won't extend it.

Did you hear this officially?  And if not extended, hopefully they'll give us a reasonable 7 day alternative in a reasonable time, as in...before making air/hotel reservations.   Ideally, before making final payment...as if...LOL.  L&S is more likely.

Edited by Oceangoer2

26 minutes ago, Oceangoer2 said:

Did you hear this officially?  And if not extended, hopefully they'll give us a reasonable 7 day alternative in a reasonable time, as in...before making air/hotel reservations.   Ideally, before making final payment...as if...LOL.  L&S is more likely.

Yes it's official.  It was posted by CDC months ago.  I can be extended of course, or dropped early.

28 minutes ago, marieps said:

Yes it's official.  It was posted by CDC months ago.  I can be extended of course, or dropped early.

Thanks.  I knew there was a 7 day CDC requirement, not that it was up to Nov. 1st.  So our cruise is on the 12th. Doubting it'll go at 10 days, and maybe not even 7 days.

1 hour ago, dallasdan said:

I am on the Equinox November 7th 12 day Southern Caribbean.  I would think by November, at least in the US we would be close to normal with most of the population being vaccinated by then.

You think the vaccine alone will combat the next wave and return normality?

Edited by BigAl94

• 1 month later...
On 3/17/2021 at 4:03 PM, wrk2cruise said:

Given that they are 9 and 12 night itineraries I'm not sure they will sail as advertised.  Not sure how long it's going to take for CDC to lift the 7 day requirement.

We have a 15 day PC out of Fort Lauderdale this October 12. Hubby thinks the 7 day restriction will be lifted but I doubt it. Already booked an April 2022 PC to replace it.

I certainly hope we will be sailing the Reflection November 20th.  If, for whatever reason, it is cancelled, my friends and I have agreed to an all-inclusive resort instead.  My TA is hoping along with us, but is willing to help with alternative plans. 

BTW,  we have all received the Moderna shots and one of us has consistently tested positive for the antibodies after her surviving COVID last year.