Vision of the Seas sailing from Bermuda starting June 2021

4 minutes ago, Vera/Lee said:

I'm glad they're bringing the flights in at different times. It will be easier for everyone. -I would love to get on the ship earlier!- I wish we were on the same sailing. Maybe one day.

Yes, that would be great to meet on a ship.  Hopefully someday in near future🤩

• 2 weeks later...

Vision of the Seas June 6 to August 29, 2021: Vision of the Seas was to resume operations from Bermuda beginning June 2021. However, in anticipation for our U.S. return to service and following overwhelming feedback from our guests, the summer season in Bermuda will be cancelled.

4 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Vision of the Seas June 6 to August 29, 2021: Vision of the Seas was to resume operations from Bermuda beginning June 2021. However, in anticipation for our U.S. return to service and following overwhelming feedback from our guests, the summer season in Bermuda will be cancelled.

Oh no that's horrible news.  We were really looking forward to our b2b on vision in august, booked airfare and all.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Oh no that's horrible news.  We were really looking forward to our b2b on vision in august, booked airfare and all.

6 minutes ago, EllaDuChien said:

I received this email as well.  Although I already suspected since my Air2Sea booking disappeared from my American Airlines profile this morning as well.  Drat!

My flights are still showing on aa profile.  Dang we were really excited too.  And I had a beautiful wrap around balcony booked too!  

Hopefully they give us another bermuda option to move to

35 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

My flights are still showing on aa profile.  Dang we were really excited too.  And I had a beautiful wrap around balcony booked too!  

So sorry....it really hurts when you lose a dream cabin. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We are doing Bermuda out of PC on Mariner next year

• Like 1

On 4/23/2021 at 9:48 AM, Jimbo said:

More expense for Royal Caribbean.

Hope Royal Caribbean is prepared for these cruises, we all know American customers are much more bitchy then the current sailing customers in the other countries.

Especially those from NY and NJ.

• Haha 1

On 3/23/2021 at 4:57 PM, la_croisiere_s'amuse said:

Interesting how each progressive announcement seems to come with less & less fanfare. I'm glad to see new possibilities opening up, but yeah ... this does seem like a long way to fly for a trip to Coco Cay on a less-than-"destination" ship. But I'm sure some people disagree, so three cheers for having options! 🙂 

We were booked on a b2b and were really looking forward to the couple of days we would have had in bermuda, using the ship as a floating hotel, as well as the sea days.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

You can definitely tell the difference when sailing from Baltimore vs. NY.  

I bet that not too many from this area sail out of Baltimore. We would opt to fly to Florida or San Juan for newer ships and better itineraries if NY or NJ didn't offer what we wanted. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

I bet that not too many from this area sail out of Baltimore. We would opt to fly to Florida or San Juan for newer ships and better itineraries if NY or NJ didn't offer what we wanted. 

I live in Maryland and live 45 minutes drive from the port of Baltimore. I would rather sail out of New York/New Jersey, Florida or San Juan than Baltimore. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

Being Upstate New Yorkers we are 3 hours by car from Cape Liberty and 6 from Baltimore. 

Either drive is fine for us and neither requires the added days spent in airports or hotels as well as the added expense incurred. 

For us, the time spent getting to the ship is better spent ON THE SHIP.

Back not too long ago there were plenty of different and enjoyable itineraries of varied lengths from Jersey, Manhattan and Baltimore on Celebrity, Royal Caribbean and H.A.L. during the first 3 months of the year, our favorite time to cruise.

We did 9-10-12 day cruises and had a choice of ships and itineraries.

Not to say we haven't done cruises from Florida and Puerto Rico as we have, but after more than a dozen or so fly-to port cruises we no longer care to take to the skies any longer.

First H.A.L. left then Celebrity (except for Bermuda). and Royal Caribbean cruises are now shorter from Jersey.  I must say EXCEPT FOR NCL'S REGULAR LONGER SAILINGS. A once only for us.....

Baltimore is still operating with basically one ship that can do the Limbo under the bridges to the open seas and all are with the oldest, but still enjoyable ships depending on what you are looking for in your cruise.

We wish Cape Liberty would look more appealing to X and Royal at least enough for them to explore a few more Caribbean choices to what is probably the largest population within 150-200 miles of almost any other port.  Try one 14 day, a few 12's, then some 10's and 9's..

The Anthem sails from Liberty at that time of the season and even the Summit might be a good choice for one or two Caribbean cruises before it settles into its Bermuda schedule. 

Only my wishful thinking and am sure there will be plenty of reasons that this would be a no go.

JMHO

37 minutes ago, boscobeans said:

Being Upstate New Yorkers we are 3 hours by car from Cape Liberty and 6 from Baltimore. 

Either drive is fine for us and neither requires the added days spent in airports or hotels as well as the added expense incurred. 

For us, the time spent getting to the ship is better spent ON THE SHIP.

Back not too long ago there were plenty of different and enjoyable itineraries of varied lengths from Jersey, Manhattan and Baltimore on Celebrity, Royal Caribbean and H.A.L. during the first 3 months of the year, our favorite time to cruise.

We did 9-10-12 day cruises and had a choice of ships and itineraries.

Not to say we haven't done cruises from Florida and Puerto Rico as we have, but after more than a dozen or so fly-to port cruises we no longer care to take to the skies any longer.

First H.A.L. left then Celebrity (except for Bermuda). and Royal Caribbean cruises are now shorter from Jersey.  I must say EXCEPT FOR NCL'S REGULAR LONGER SAILINGS. A once only for us.....

Baltimore is still operating with basically one ship that can do the Limbo under the bridges to the open seas and all are with the oldest, but still enjoyable ships depending on what you are looking for in your cruise.

We wish Cape Liberty would look more appealing to X and Royal at least enough for them to explore a few more Caribbean choices to what is probably the largest population within 150-200 miles of almost any other port.  Try one 14 day, a few 12's, then some 10's and 9's..

The Anthem sails from Liberty at that time of the season and even the Summit might be a good choice for one or two Caribbean cruises before it settles into its Bermuda schedule. 

Only my wishful thinking and am sure there will be plenty of reasons that this would be a no go.

JMHO

Took us 2 1/2 hours to drive to Cape Liberty from Long Island with all of the traffic. I can't even fathom how long it would take to drive to Baltimore.  I still prefer to drive to NJ or take the train to NYC but would opt to fly before going out of Baltimore.  We always fly in the same day to Florida and San Juan. If I had more time I would fly in a day or two earlier to San Juan and start my vacation there. We frequent Florida to visit family. I'm not interested in an extra day there.  The 9 day cruises from NY, NJ are the sweet spot for us. I don't have any desire to sail a 7 day on Oasis that calls on Florida , Nassau and Coco Cay. Before Covid Celebrity had longer itineraries to Bermuda that I was interested in. I hope they bring them back. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

Took us 2 1/2 hours to drive to Cape Liberty from Long Island with all of the traffic. I can't even fathom how long it would take to drive to Baltimore.  I still prefer to drive to NJ or take the train to NYC but would opt to fly before going out of Baltimore.  We always fly in the same day to Florida and San Juan. If I had more time I would fly in a day or two earlier to San Juan and start my vacation there. We frequent Florida to visit family. I'm not interested in an extra day there.  The 9 day cruises from NY, NJ are the sweet spot for us. I don't have any desire to sail a 7 day on Oasis that calls on Florida , Nassau and Coco Cay. Before Covid Celebrity had longer itineraries to Bermuda that I was interested in. I hope they bring them back. 

Maryland to the New York area is a horrible drive. I always take Amtrak from here to Newark for Cape Liberty and New York for Manhatten terminals.

Just now, Charles4515 said:

Maryland to the New York area is a horrible drive. I always take Amtrak from here to Newark for Cape Liberty and New York for Manhattan terminals.

I figured as much. The 2 1/2 hour drive to Cape Liberty which is only 52 miles away was daunting.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

Took us 2 1/2 hours to drive to Cape Liberty from Long Island with all of the traffic. I can't even fathom how long it would take to drive to Baltimore.  I still prefer to drive to NJ or take the train to NYC but would opt to fly before going out of Baltimore.  We always fly in the same day to Florida and San Juan. 

We are lucky as we do not have to travel through the NY or other busy city areas to get to Jersey or Baltimore and even down the river to the Manhattan cruise terminal.