The Daily for Thursday Apr 01, 2021

richwmn

ENJOYED OUR TRIP - HOPE YOU ENJOYED READING ABOUT IT:

We had a wonderful time on our recent Holland America cruise. I hope you enjoyed reading about our voyage as much as I enjoyed dictating it to my assistant who had it typed up by a big-haired, underpaid clerk in the secretarial pool. The key to understanding what a cruise review is all about can often be found by looking at the most important parts of the review - the first letters of the headings, for instance. We enjoyed meeting a wide variety of people on our Volley cruise. From the people in the Penthouse, to the people who were in those rooms that have the propeller shaft running through them, it takes all kinds of folks to make for an enjoyable vacation experience.

Dictated the 91st day of the year 2006 by Thurston "Biff" Huntington-Smythe, III

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

12 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

No one has the authority to cancel April Fools Day, Ann, except a 100% genuine fool of course! 😉 You guys take care and be safe up there in beautiful Victoria, BC! I miss my regular stops at Oh Gelato and the Bard & Banker on Government Street

No photo description available.

Steeped In History, Bard and Banker Is More Than A Great Pub - Traveling  Islanders

Only takeout these days!  😒

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, POA1 said:

We had a wonderful time on our recent Holland America cruise. I hope you enjoyed reading about our voyage as much as I enjoyed dictating it to my assistant who had it typed up by a big-haired, underpaid clerk in the secretarial pool. The key to understanding what a cruise review is all about can often be found by looking at the most important parts of the review - the first letters of the headings, for instance. We enjoyed meeting a wide variety of people on our Volley cruise. From the people in the Penthouse, to the people who were in those rooms that have the propeller shaft running through them, it takes all kinds of folks to make for an enjoyable vacation experience.

Dictated the 91st day of the year 2006 by Thurston "Biff" Huntington-Smythe, III

What a hoot!  (At least we still have a "Volley"...)

• Like 4

If all the posts made it through, you would have seen that the first letters (in RED) spelled:

APRIL FOOLS! GOT YOU! BYE

The original posts were made a decade and a half ago in the middle of the night so that the April Fools Message would post more or less uninterrupted.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, cat shepard said:

Well I did not do a very good job of capturing this, sorry. But it certainly is appropriate. 

10A633D7-10D9-49B3-8859-30713F49F3F4.jpeg.7a0d1013a7c999bfa7e1eaaa833ac175.jpeg

Here's a large version of your very funny comic.

pinot-more.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

When i was still gainfully employed, I always tried to come up with an amusing April Fools joke.  Thanks to Copper John for his this year.  His is more likely than mine, which would have been the return of the sold R and S ships to the fleet to be operated by a new small ship division of Holland America.  They would never be in port with large ships at the same time, tending to go to the exotic and less visited ports.  Fresh flowers would be everywhere and the European bell boy would sound the chimes for dinner every night and there would be live musicians playing above the dining room and at afternoon tea.

Guess I better stop before you all start calling Seattle trying to reserve a cruise on them! 

By the way, my latest HAL mailing arrived with a "S" class ship pictured in Alaska next to glaciers and snow capped mountains.  

• Like 13
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, kazu said:

I was afraid this was going to happen.  Understandable sadly with the hospital situation but sad that you have to go through this again 😢 

Our numbers are highest in the country, we are hoping for something to settle things down.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, rafinmd said:

My alternative is Papaya with Rainbow of Fruit, Basil Crusted Veal Medallion with Morels, Tiramisu, and Devils Food Cake as served on MS Zaandam April Fools, 2017.

https://aroundamericabitbybit.files.wordpress.com/2017/04/dishes01.jpg

Wow, Roy!!  Two desserts!  Yum on both of them. 😋 

BTW, just got my 2nd Moderna vaccine and am waiting my 15 minutes so I’m trying to read this “Hot” Daily. Already 4 pages!

• Like 16

1 minute ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Wow, Roy!!  Two desserts!  Yum on both of them. 😋 

BTW, just got my 2nd Moderna vaccine and am waiting my 15 minutes so I’m trying to read this “Hot” Daily. Already 4 pages!

Wasn't planned to be 2 deserts but we had a birthday at the table that day.  If you click on the photo link you will see a bit of the birthday girl in the panel with the cake.

Roy

• Like 9

Good morning and thanks All!  My grandmother tatted and crocheted.  She tried teaching me, but she was a south paw, so I couldn’t learn.  
That  Pinot noir sounds wonderful, albeit pricey, I’ll stick with Meiomi.  Or the pino more.....
@DeeniEncinitasthanks for that great beach List!   
Happy April fools!  

4D7B7957-013E-4220-8F3B-667CE8877B2F.jpeg

• Like 13

5 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Wasn't planned to be 2 deserts but we had a birthday at the table that day.  If you click on the photo link you will see a bit of the birthday girl in the panel with the cake.

Roy

Yes, I saw her and wondered. HAL does a great celebratory chocolate cake. 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Copper10-8 said:

No one has the authority to cancel April Fools Day, Ann, except a 100% genuine fool of course! 😉 You guys take care and be safe up there in beautiful Victoria, BC! I miss my regular stops at Oh Gelato and the Bard & Banker on Government Street

Steeped In History, Bard and Banker Is More Than A Great Pub - Traveling  Islanders

Bard and the banker is an awesome restaurant. We celebrated our anniversary there in February 2018 during  our winter in Victoria 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, POA1 said:

If all the posts made it through, you would have seen that the first letters (in RED) spelled:

APRIL FOOLS! GOT YOU! BYE

The original posts were made a decade and a half ago in the middle of the night so that the April Fools Message would post more or less uninterrupted.

I regret not having seen this in previous years, but thoroughly enjoyed reading it this year! I take my hat off to your skill and humour! Thank you!

• Like 11

10 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

Thank you, kind Sir!
Too bad, I didn’t think of doing that.

I did a Bing image search for "Pino More Wine." That gave me a bunch of Pinot Noir and asked me if that's what I really meant. Changing the search to "Comic Pino More Wine" and that fixed it. After that, I applied the filter for size.

I thought the comic was particularly funny, so I wanted a bigger one. Thank you for posting it.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

More bird pics.  Not an April 1 joke.

I'd just arrived at my PC and was catching up on the world when Mrs. XBGuy gave a shout from downstairs, "There's a baby hummingbird at the feeder.  He is SO cute."

Well, it looks to me that this bird is a tad older that a baby.  So, let's call him a juvenile.  He is a bit "puffier" that most of the neighborhood hummingbirds. and his beak does not seem as long.

IMG_6919.jpg.02e2f704bc9da08ca265a9188a404c75.jpg

Hilariously, when he goes for a drink, he has to. pretty much, smash his face onto the feeder in order to reach the juice.

IMG_6916.jpg.a75a1a5236822f46b5c2d7243ac239c8.jpg

• Like 18

3 hours ago, POA1 said:

Loved it!  Thanks so much for sharing. We always book a Neptune Suite so we’ll be looking for those hidden Suite Escapes and Suite Soaks. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Hello All and Happy April 1st, AKA April Fool's Day!  Thank you for the Daily Rich and Thank you for your lists Roy.  It took me a while to read through all of today's posts but I'm so glad I did.  Thank you @POA1for the chuckle on the Volley.  And I loved the MAC that @GeorgeCharlieposted.

We saw tatting done on the island of Burano outside Venice, a tradition passed down from generation to generation.

For those who work, I hope you have FUN today!

The meal suggestion sounds okay, but I really prefer enchiladas.  Tonight for us will either be leftovers or fish.  Roy's meal suggestion sounds the best, I just wish I had someone to make it for me because DH isn't into cooking very much.  I would love to have Roy's two desserts!  Tiramisu is one of my favorites and if I'm going to have cake, chocolate is my choice.

We haven't been to today's port but hope to make it to New Zealand someday.

Prayers for @StLouisCruisersMIL.

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 15

We had an up moment this afternoon when our phone rang and it was one of the nurses putting through a phone call from DMIL.  DH was ecstatic since his attempts to call today ran into phone system problems and no answer on her floor.  We couldn't believe how strong her voice was and how happy she sounded to speak to him.  He was very happy to hear her more like her old self.  After all the reports we had about her mumbling and constant sleeping, it was quite a surprise.  Thank goodness the nurse had the great idea to call us while she was doing so well.  After about 15 minutes she started getting tired so we let her go.  I hope she has more of these good times in the next few weeks.🙏

• Like 25

2 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

We had an up moment this afternoon when our phone rang and it was one of the nurses putting through a phone call from DMIL.  DH was ecstatic since his attempts to call today ran into phone system problems and no answer on her floor.  We couldn't believe how strong her voice was and how happy she sounded to speak to him.  He was very happy to hear her more like her old self.  After all the reports we had about her mumbling and constant sleeping, it was quite a surprise.  Thank goodness the nurse had the great idea to call us while she was doing so well.  After about 15 minutes she started getting tired so we let her go.  I hope she has more of these good times in the next few weeks.🙏

That is wonderful, Sandi! Prayers that she continues on this road.

Perhaps feistiness is our most important attribute!

• Like 9

1 minute ago, cat shepard said:

That is wonderful, Sandi! Prayers that she continues on this road.

Perhaps feistiness is our most important attribute!

Thank you so much for your support.  I always said she would live to be 100 (her Mom lived to be 98 and her late sister lived to 97).  Being feisty can't hurt!!

• Like 9