Princess 2023

RonPaula

I put a hold on an inside cabin for the Nov 9th 28 day Crown about 3 or 4 hours ago.  Have to convince the DW that we should take this cruise.  She really doesn't like the Pacific when it gets a bit rough, so it might be a tough sell.

But from way back then (3 hours ago), to now, the price has already jumped $150 pp Canadian.  Demand for this cruise must be really high. 

Don

Wow, things are all over the place. 

I am pretty sure the bookings for Elite opened at 11amEDT or 11am PDT on Tuesday.  I tried first at 8am EDT, then 9am EDT and 10am EDT and finally 11 AM EDT which allowed the booking.  I got the cabin I wanted  but the deposit due by Friday is $400 pp.  By the way, each time I checked the itineraries were not available either until 11am EDT.  I tried because information posted on here from someone I know said the tine was 8am, but did not specify the time zone.  

15 hours ago, Mud_Shark said:

I put a hold on an inside cabin for the Nov 9th 28 day Crown about 3 or 4 hours ago.  Have to convince the DW that we should take this cruise.  She really doesn't like the Pacific when it gets a bit rough, so it might be a tough sell.

But from way back then (3 hours ago), to now, the price has already jumped $150 pp Canadian.  Demand for this cruise must be really high. 

Don

My balcony is $300pp US higher today than when I booked

On 4/28/2021 at 2:43 PM, marden1970 said:

Teeara - Hi! I wish I had known,  I logged at 6:15 this morning and was suprised to see that I could book, which I did but someone had booked "my cabin"  (actually the first 6 in my order of preference.)  We had been wanting to do the 28 day South Pacific for years but it was just a bit too much price wise.  We've been putting away extra money and will do this one in 2023 for ou 50th anniversary.   Counting the days!

It's crazy, isn't it?  People always ask me why I book my cruises so early.  It's because I want "MY cabin" ;o)  I always have 4 or 5 backups, but I usually get my first or second choice simply because I book as soon as the bookings open.  Thank God for Cruise Critic!  Everyone here is always so free with information to help the rest of us crazy cruisers book those cruises!  I hope you have a wonderful cruise.  I booked the 3/27/23 RT SF to HI cruise and got a Vista Suite.  It's expensive, but since it will be my mother's 80th birthday and, by her own admission, most likely her last cruise I wanted to make sure she was going out in style.  

• Like 3

On 4/28/2021 at 9:07 PM, yoyosma said:

Wow, things are all over the place. 

I am pretty sure the bookings for Elite opened at 11amEDT or 11am PDT on Tuesday.  I tried first at 8am EDT, then 9am EDT and 10am EDT and finally 11 AM EDT which allowed the booking.  I got the cabin I wanted  but the deposit due by Friday is $400 pp.  By the way, each time I checked the itineraries were not available either until 11am EDT.  I tried because information posted on here from someone I know said the tine was 8am, but did not specify the time zone.  

What did you end up booking? We snagged the roundtrip Vancouver-Hawaii in October....would be great to sail with you again!

6 hours ago, Travelw said:

Our TA just put a balcony cabin on hold for us for Panama Canal Feb 1 2021.  Approximately $2500 per couple less than Jan 2022.

2023 perhaps? February, 2021 was nearly three months ago. 

From my PVP this morning:

"As your Princess Cruise Vacation Planner, I am excited to share with you our 2023 Summer Caribbean and Canada New England program release. As an Elite Captain Circle member you have early booking savings available on Tuesday, May 4th."

Yeah .... not sure as I've got 5 booked. 

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

What did you end up booking? We snagged the roundtrip Vancouver-Hawaii in October....would be great to sail with you again!

It would be great to sail with you again but ....  I snagged the March 17, 2023 Hawaii,Samoa, Tahiti cruise.  I had it booked once way back in 2011 with a bunch of friends some of whom you know - Andi and maybe a few others- but I just couldn't do it, mostly because I was going solo and I really didn't want to leave Steve and Yoyo that long.  It is a bucket list for me so we are booked.  We are booked on a lot of stuff.  We are getting old and needing to take care of that bucket list. 

But good news, maybe.  We are booked on Sapphire Princess May 2022 to Alaska and back from Vancouver and if the border is open it will hopefully go.  I will no doubt want to stay at Pan Pacific for at least a night so there may be an opportunity to have some fun that night.  I've been thinking about it.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, yoyosma said:

It would be great to sail with you again but ....  I snagged the March 17, 2023 Hawaii,Samoa, Tahiti cruise.  I had it booked once way back in 2011 with a bunch of friends some of whom you know - Andi and maybe a few others- but I just couldn't do it, mostly because I was going solo and I really didn't want to leave Steve and Yoyo that long.  It is a bucket list for me so we are booked.  We are booked on a lot of stuff.  We are getting old and needing to take care of that bucket list. 

But good news, maybe.  We are booked on Sapphire Princess May 2022 to Alaska and back from Vancouver and if the border is open it will hopefully go.  I will no doubt want to stay at Pan Pacific for at least a night so there may be an opportunity to have some fun that night.  I've been thinking about it.  

I have my eye on that March 17th sailing too...just can't justify the cost at this moment, but that's not to say it's a no! LOL

9 hours ago, Ombud said:

From my PVP this morning:

"As your Princess Cruise Vacation Planner, I am excited to share with you our 2023 Summer Caribbean and Canada New England program release. As an Elite Captain Circle member you have early booking savings available on Tuesday, May 4th."

Yeah .... not sure as I've got 5 booked. 

I hope someone will post the brochure when they get it.  Although I'm in the Elite, I never seem to get the notifications and like to be able to review and know what I'd like to book.  Thanks all!

On 4/29/2021 at 12:23 PM, Teeara said:

It's crazy, isn't it?  People always ask me why I book my cruises so early.  It's because I want "MY cabin" ;o)  I always have 4 or 5 backups, but I usually get my first or second choice simply because I book as soon as the bookings open.  Thank God for Cruise Critic!  Everyone here is always so free with information to help the rest of us crazy cruisers book those cruises!  I hope you have a wonderful cruise.  I booked the 3/27/23 RT SF to HI cruise and got a Vista Suite.  It's expensive, but since it will be my mother's 80th birthday and, by her own admission, most likely her last cruise I wanted to make sure she was going out in style.  

I always book right away as there are only 2 cabins we really want. My Mom cruised till she was 94. She had 3 more cruises booked when she passed.Keep going, stay young.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yehootu said:

I hope they have the 19day LA-LA Panama canal cruise. Would Love to do that one again.

Not being offered for the 2021-22 or 2022-23 seasons sadly.  The removal of 3 ships from the fleet means several unique itineraries have been lost for the near term, though they could be brought back in future if past demand warrants

5 hours ago, phabric said:

I would also be interested to see what is offered May 4.

Any TA have any information of this offering?

I just posted Caribbean and Panama Canal pricing on another thread titled Caribbean 2023. If that's what you are looking for?

On 4/30/2021 at 11:59 PM, ceilidh1 said:

I have my eye on that March 17th sailing too...just can't justify the cost at this moment, but that's not to say it's a no! LOL

That would be so cool and yes it is expensive but I don't care.  Steve said to do it.  I counted last night, if memory serves me right I have 9 cruises and 111 days currently booked.  

Would you bring the kids if you book?

It might be time to take this off line and not highjack the thread.  

• Like 1