CDC Statement issued today.

4 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

Well there you go then. And no need to sick on a ship from anything.

Then why the high death toll in the USA?

USA deaths per Million pop: 1739  UK: 1866. UK come long way in short time, 6+ weeks ago UK was 230 higher per million then US. US Cases per Million: 96,723. UK: 64,269. Cases to Deaths, with 1/3 more cases in US not sure why death rate so higher much in UK. That being said we are all in this together Cousin. My ancestry 1/3 from England, 1/3 Irish, 10% Native American and rest German.

• Like 1

i believe, but i may be wrong the poor people that are really sick from the virus or unfortunately dying are the ones that have not taken the vaccine or taken it with just one shot 

it is really sad

The biden administration has no problem cramming 800 illegal children in a room intended for 70, some of them with positive Covid test. They're literally sleeping on top of one another but we can't cruise. Hypocrisy at it's finest.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ArthurUSCG said:

Before you compare shipboard life to any other industry, talk with a Sailor or Coastie about virus spread aboard ships. With consistent close quarters comes high virus spread. On the smaller ships, you will get treated like you have the plague if you start throwing up or have diarrhea.

With planes, your in a confined space for a few hours, with ships, it's for days. Just think about the dinning room, on my last cruise, I could touch people sitting at 3 other tables besides the table I'm at. And we were lucky to have enough family members traveling together that we didn't have to split at table with another group. At dinner alone you are sitting for an hour with the mask removed in close contact with at least 6 people that isn't part of your group.

It's not if you get sick, it's when.

So refresh my memory why the vaccine is being required and being used as the gold standard if we still transmit and receive the infection once vaccinated? I thought the entire purpose was to protect the individual from infection. Mask and  social distance certainly have not accomplished that or there would be no threat.  For the record, I have received both of my vaccinations.  I also have enjoyed visiting with friends and family in three different states, dining out and living life, all without a sniffle.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, The sea calls my name said:

So refresh my memory why the vaccine is being required and being used as the gold standard if we still transmit and receive the infection once vaccinated? I thought the entire purpose was to protect the individual from infection. Mask and  social distance certainly have not accomplished that or there would be no threat.  For the record, I have received both of my vaccinations.  I also have enjoyed visiting with friends and family in three different states, dining out and living life, all without a sniffle.

Unfortunately,  masks and social distancing are only effective when you use them correctly. Kind of like a condom.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

There's a new study that will try to find out if fully vaccinated people can transmit and infect others with COVID-19: https://www.livescience.com/moderna-covid-19-vaccine-college-trial-transmission.html

The CDC has stated this: A growing body of evidence suggests that fully vaccinated people are less likely to have asymptomatic infection and potentially less likely to transmit SARS-CoV-2 to others. However, further investigation is ongoing. 

The CDC did not elaborate what the investigation exactly IS, maybe it's the same college trial that is listed in the first link. 

All I know is that hubby and I have been fully vaccinated since February. The side effects from the second dose wasn't fun for me, but I'm still relieved to have the shots. Our grown children have received either 1 or 2 doses of Pfizer or Moderna, and our youngest, a grad student, and his girlfriend (also a college student)  told me that they are "excited" about their appointments to get the first dose of Pfizer tomorrow, on campus. 

Edited by sushitex
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, crazyfrazee said:

The biden administration has no problem cramming 800 illegal children in a room intended for 70, some of them with positive Covid test. They're literally sleeping on top of one another but we can't cruise. Hypocrisy at it's finest.

At least they are not asking you to sleep on a ship with a mask on onboard a ship. At least not yet.  Those kids are. I have seen the pictures I could not imagine anything worse than sleeping with a mask on. I would never do that end of discussion.

2 minutes ago, sushitex said:

A growing body of evidence suggests that fully vaccinated people are less likely to have asymptomatic infection and potentially less likely to transmit SARS-CoV-2 to others. However, further investigation is ongoing. 

Unless on a cruise ship you missed that bit out.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, The sea calls my name said:

Mask and  social distance certainly have not accomplished that or there would be no threat.  

I have known many people that have had Covid and most of them say it was because they let their guard down and took off their mask.   

i.e. a girl i work with helped her Mother (that she doesn't live with) by giving her a car ride to the garage where her car was getting fixed.    She didn't wear her mask and neither did her Mother.     Bam 4 to 5 days later both of them were sick with Covid.     Her Mother is a nurse at local hospital and must have got it at work.    My Husband got Covid and the only person (other than me) that he was up close and personal with was his physical therapist.    

My neighbor who has been in the hospital for over a month with covid thinks she got it when her and husband went to an local farmers market and were trying some samples with no masks on.     

Sorry everyone, this is a Not mask thread nor should it be there are too many of them already. 

Edited by Sunshine3601

7 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Time to either wash your mask if washable or buy a new masks.

I decided to not even justify that ridiculous post with a comment. A year later and still passing on old outdated information. May as well say that smoking doesn't cause cancer.

42 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

I decided to not even justify that ridiculous post with a comment. A year later and still passing on old outdated information. May as well say that smoking doesn't cause cancer.

I think I am missing something.    What's wrong with washing your mask or putting a new one on?   I rotate my masks on a regular basis and wash them every weekend.

2 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I think I am missing something.    What's wrong with washing your mask or putting a new one on?   I rotate my masks on a regular basis and wash them every weekend.

I believe they're referring to the post that Jimbo was responding to, not his post.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I was telling Jimbo that I wouldn't even justify the ridiculous comment about face masks not helping in the prevention of spreading covid and the flat out stupid comment about facemasks harboring bacteria and germs. Someone who doesn't have enough common sense to wash or replace their face mask is the last person I want on my cruise. They probably boycott the hand sanitizer and hand washing after using the bathroom or entering the buffet. This is a perfect example of why everyone on a cruise ship needs to be vaccinated.

Edited by Iamcruzin
  • Like 4

22 hours ago, Husky1987 said:

If someone can't breath with a mask, they've got bigger problems than the mask.

So not true.  I have no problems what so ever, and yet I cannot breath with it on after 5-10 minutes.  I cannot imagine having it on without touching intact for hours (like multileg flying for 12-16 hours from the moment getting to the first airport and leaving the last one).  I never don't go to doctors (except when I broke 5 ribs) even for physical exams.  Why should I suffer being healthy?  Just because some random person might think I hypothetically may spread a potentially dangerous substance of probable unsafe cause?  - All these items are possibilities; however my misery is present and real on each occasion of the "putting this thing on my face to cover the entrance to air intake" event.

12 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

I was telling Jimbo that I wouldn't even justify the ridiculous comment about face masks not helping in the prevention of spreading covid and the flat out stupid comment about facemasks harboring bacteria and germs. Someone who doesn't have enough common sense to wash or replace their face mask is the last person I want on my cruise. They probably boycott the hand sanitizer and hand washing after using the bathroom or entering the buffet. This is a perfect example of why everyone on a cruise ship needs to be vaccinated.

I disagree.  And yet, regarding washing hands, I have been doing it all my life like a dude from "As good as it gets" (except I don't get rid of 3 pieces of soup after each wash).

18 hours ago, ace2542 said:

Unless on a cruise ship you missed that bit out.

I already put on pause cruising for 2 years (since my last one on March 8-24, 2020 on the Ponant Le Soleal) through March 2022 (also on the Ponant Le Champlain).  I'm 61.  Every year counts until, as the majority, I will start to fall apart.  The mental condition is affected, too (it was obvious to me in March 2020 that it will happen if all this beautiful kindergarten-like allowances continue for more than a few weeks).

23 hours ago, orville99 said:

Perhaps you should be asking why your death rate is so high

Because you closed America's borders to nearly ALL Foreign visitors with the exception of those who could quarantine in an approved third country (no that many could afford that). We did not do that not until very recently. Had you not done that who knows how high your death toll might be?  And if we had have done that how much less ours might have been.

10 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

Because you closed America's borders to nearly ALL Foreign visitors with the exception of those who could quarantine in an approved third country (no that many could afford that). We did not do that not until very recently. Had you not done that who knows how high your death toll might be?  And if we had have done that how much less ours might have been.

Thanks for confirming that our government was proactive and yours was reactive. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I have known many people that have had Covid and most of them say it was because they let their guard down and took off their mask.   

The experts have said all along that a mask offers little to no protection, just helps stop infected people from spreading it.  So thinking one got covid because they didn't wear a mask is likely wrong.

2 minutes ago, bouhunter said:

The experts have said all along that a mask offers little to no protection, just helps stop infected people from spreading it.  So thinking one got covid because they didn't wear a mask is likely wrong.

Right so if you are next to someone that is infected and neither of you have a mask on.......

• Like 1

1 minute ago, orville99 said:

Thanks for confirming that our government was proactive and yours was reactive. 

Had you not done that your death toll would probably be in the million plus range? Closer to 2 mill do you think? Or not that much higher? There was talk in March last year no lockdown at all let it run to herd immunity in 3 months - and it would likely have been that - would lead to 560k deaths in the UK

1 hour ago, ace2542 said:

Had you not done that your death toll would probably be in the million plus range? Closer to 2 mill do you think? Or not that much higher? There was talk in March last year no lockdown at all let it run to herd immunity in 3 months - and it would likely have been that - would lead to 560k deaths in the UK

I don’t deal in woulda, coulda, shoulda. Maybe that’s how you think on your planet, but not on this one.

• Like 3