The Daily for Saturday Apr 17, 2021

richwmn

I looked up Ulvik in Cruisetimetables.  No HAL (or US oriented ships headed there through 2022 but visits are scheduled for Amera (Prinsendam) and Borelis (nee Rotterdam) in 2022.

Roy

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

I looked up Ulvik in Cruisetimetables.  No HAL (or US oriented ships headed there through 2022 but visits are scheduled for Amera (Prinsendam) and Borelis (nee Rotterdam) in 2022.

Roy

Thanks for that information, Roy.  That really cuts down the chances I will ever see that port.  But...you never know, do you?  Could happen.

• Like 11

9 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Roy

I originally made up the list of ports by taking the "Ports" pull down from HAL's planner. I checked and it is no longer there. Must have been a change in plans.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, richwmn said:

I originally made up the list of ports by taking the "Ports" pull down from HAL's planner. I checked and it is no longer there. Must have been a change in plans.

In these times there may well be some ports where HAL plans to return but not in the immediate future.

Roy

• Like 9

Good afternoon.  Another beautiful day on the Oregon coast.  Fog is trying to come in but the east wind keeps sending it back out.

I recorded the funeral of Prince Phillip.  Will watch it later.  My sister watched it and enjoyed the music.

Always appreciate my DH.  Bats are very interesting and fascinating little creatures.

Hope everyone's weekend is going well.  Prayers to all and toasts to those celebrating.

Stay safe!

• Like 15

2 hours ago, rafinmd said:

In these times there may well be some ports where HAL plans to return but not in the immediate future.

Roy

Or they may not be able to with the smaller ships mostly gone?

• Like 5

I've kind of stayed away from the Daily today because I'm so freaked out by bats. 🦇   I do know they have merits, but...

We had a wooded home in Idaho and bats were a real problem.  We liked sitting in the hot tub at sundown with a nice Drink of the Day, and I always wore a broad-brimmed hat so they wouldn't swoop on me.  Seriously.  😂🤣

Have a lovely evening, All.  Spring is in the air.  💚

• Like 13

Thank you to Rich for the Daily and to Roy for the lists,.

Have been watching a delayed broadcast of the funeral, feel so very sorry for the Queen, so sad that no one could sit beside her.

Take care everyone.

• Like 10

Thank you to everyone for the Daily community. Also watched the funeral for Prince Phillip this morning. It was a beautiful service and my heart broke for Queen Elizabeth II. 

I appreciate DH (and have for 44 years). We've had our share of medical issues for him but he just keeps going and will be 81 next month. I asked him if he had anything he wanted to do today and his response was "Survive and enjoy the Earth." I never know what is going to come out of him! 

We had a gorgeous day in the Pacific Northwest with temps in the mid 70's, blue skies and no clouds - and it's only mid-April. 

Karen

• Like 9

I agree. He has memory issues (I call it a stroke-addled brain) but is very observant of the world around him. In many ways he's seeing it for the first time. He'll see the little things - a butterfly, a bird, etc. that I'll miss. It makes for a fun and interesting partnership. We were driving down a road the other day and I mentioned that he'd been down it a few months before but in the opposite direction. His response "You could have taken me down it yesterday and I wouldn't remember but it's all good." 

Karen

• Like 2

Good morning.  Late to the thread today.  No Juggler's or Newspaper Columnists here so we will celebrate Pet Owners day.

The meal sounds good, will look back to see Debbie's recipe.

Never been to Brazil.

Prayers and toasts to our lists.  Didn't hear about the landing at the air show.

Stay safe, social distance, and please wear your mask.

Dirty Snowman:

Ingredients/Shopping List
Chocolate syrup
Chocolate sprinkles
Vanilla ice cream (½ cup)
Kahlua
Dark creme de cacao liquor
Hot chocolate TIP: you want to use a nice quality hot chocolate – I use the hot cocoa recipe on Hershey’s cocoa powder container.
Whipped cream, mini chocolate chips, coarse sanding sugar, and/or additional chocolate syrup and chocolate sprinkles for garnish

How to Make a Dirty Snowman Adult Hot Chocolate
It’s super easy to make this delicious, chocolatey adult drink. You can even double or triple the ingredients listed above if you want to make more than one serving.
Place chocolate syrup on a small plate and dip the rim in the chocolate syrup and then into a shallow tray of chocolate sprinkles.
Place a scoop of ice cream into the glass.

Add Kahlua and creme de cacao to the glass.

Pour hot chocolate over the ice cream and liquor.

Top with any of your desired garnishes.
Serve immediately.

Screen Shot 2021-04-18 at 11.20.30 AM.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1