MSC Yacht Club with family in regular balcony

kimstoess

Does MSC still allow people to visit the Yacht Club for part of the day? I remember they used to do that.

But everyone else is correct, you cannot invite non-YC passengers into the Yacht Club. We don't want that sort of riff-raff in our midst! Just kidding.... my wife and I ARE the riff-raff... 😁

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, kimstoess said:

My husband are booking two rooms. One is MSC yacht club family suite and one regular balcony. If my oldest daughter and mother are in the regular balcony can they join us on the yacht club pool deck?

I'll bet you asked the same question about the Haven on NCL. 

I was on a Seaside sailing in 2018 where the YC manager did give two non YC family members of two YC guests access to the YC common areas.  They paid about $100 each for the day and it included a meal in the YC restaurant.  Most likely this ability is not guaranteed and would be at the YC manager's discretion.

2 hours ago, DCGuy64 said:

Does MSC still allow people to visit the Yacht Club for part of the day? I remember they used to do that.

But everyone else is correct, you cannot invite non-YC passengers into the Yacht Club. We don't want that sort of riff-raff in our midst! Just kidding.... my wife and I ARE the riff-raff... 😁

DC  ... On Meraviglia at Xmas 2019 we were able to go into the YC with friends who were staying in the Royal Suite.

On our second sailing on Seaside we were taken into the YC by a friend who worked onboard and were also able to get a drink each 

Guess we got lucky.

Why do you want to get-a-way with something you clearly know isn't right? People always riding the systems. UGH. "let's see if we can get away with it" mentality is so common,  but ugly. 

Edited by DFWGUYZ
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, kimstoess said:

My husband are booking two rooms. One is MSC yacht club family suite and one regular balcony. If my oldest daughter and mother are in the regular balcony can they join us on the yacht club pool deck?

Nope...but the way to do it is for you to join them on the open decks outwith yacht club, which will facilitate your need to meet up with them, problem solved! 😉

• Like 1

On 4/21/2021 at 9:22 AM, kimstoess said:

If you want them to have the privlives of the YC then you need to purchase those privliges for those guests. 

To that point if there is extra space (not booked to capacity) available in YC they will allow you to purchase a day pass for those guests for certain days, which I think is totally fair. Itbcan be done on board. 

Edited by BoundForSea

People pay the premium for the Yacht Club for a reason - and it certainly isn't to have others try and get cheaper accommodations for some of their family members and then try and get them the perks of the Yacht Club.  Either book all cabins in the Yacht Club or join your other family members in the other open areas of the ship.  

• Like 4

Who knows what is going to happen when cruising starts again but I personally think it unlikely they will do the tour of the ship which includes YC or the day pass. I am personally hesitant of cruising on a ship with people not vaccinated so would not feel at all happy with additional numbers in the pool area on tours BUT please I am not changing this to a vaccine thread.

• Like 3

On 4/21/2021 at 1:13 PM, Beaver1975 said:

I'll bet you asked the same question about the Haven on NCL. 

There is no reason to be a jerk. It was a question! I have sailed in the haven 5+ times and the royal suite class 8+ times. My mother doesn't want to come but I'm trying to figure out how to get my 12 year old with us since she can't sail in the same room as us. Didn't exactly want to pay for two MSC Yacht Club Royal Suites because of a 12 year old. Royal Caribbean has aloud us to book the royal suite and inside cabin for the teen and had no problems with her coming on board with us and going to the suite area. 

• Like 1

On 4/22/2021 at 5:16 PM, cruisebug722 said:

People pay the premium for the Yacht Club for a reason - and it certainly isn't to have others try and get cheaper accommodations for some of their family members and then try and get them the perks of the Yacht Club.  Either book all cabins in the Yacht Club or join your other family members in the other open areas of the ship.  

I understand that. I have cruised many times in suites. I just didn't want to pay for an additional suite just for a 12 year old if at all possible. The reason we cruise is for the suite areas so it would be pointless to book if she can't join the family. I don't understand why everyone got so upset over a question. I'm not trying to sneak family in... It's really for a 12 year old to join her parents, brother and sister at dinner and the pool.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, kimstoess said:

I understand that. I have cruised many times in suites. I just didn't want to pay for an additional suite just for a 12 year old if at all possible. The reason we cruise is for the suite areas so it would be pointless to book if she can't join the family. I don't understand why everyone got so upset over a question. I'm not trying to sneak family in... It's really for a 12 year old to join her parents, brother and sister at dinner and the pool.

I know, I don't think people on here were trying to be rude. It was just a question, after all, I guess some of us wonder if someone is trying to get around the rules (I know you weren't), because that kind of thing does happen from time to time.

1 hour ago, kimstoess said:

I don't understand why everyone got so upset over a question. I'm not trying to sneak family in...

The replies weren't just for you. Questions similar to yours happen often. In addition to the OP, others doing research might have the same question. 

If the replies were "...sure, you shouldn't have a problem bringing someone in...", all of the people reading the thread for info in the future might think "....yeah, bringing people into the Yacht Club is no problem...". 

You might be thinking that one extra 12 year-old won't ruin the Yacht Club experience for others (she won't) but others reading the thread could easily believe the same about their "extra" guest. It defeats the purpose of exclusive areas (MSC Yacht Club, NCL Haven, Celebrity Retreat, etc.) if those without access are allowed to have access. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

The replies weren't just for you. Questions similar to yours happen often. In addition to the OP, others doing research might have the same question. 

If the replies were "...sure, you shouldn't have a problem bringing someone in...", all of the people reading the thread for info in the future might think "....yeah, bringing people into the Yacht Club is no problem...". 

You might be thinking that one extra 12 year-old won't ruin the Yacht Club experience for others (she won't) but others reading the thread could easily believe the same about their "extra" guest. It defeats the purpose of exclusive areas (MSC Yacht Club, NCL Haven, Celebrity Retreat, etc.) if those without access are allowed to have access. 

Well said!

• Like 1

On 4/21/2021 at 9:22 AM, kimstoess said:

Regarding the MSC Yacht Club Family Suite, what ship is that on and what are the configurations and square feet?  My thought being is there accommodations for all 4?  If not, is there another Yacht Club option?

Regarding the day visits, I believe that the general terms and conditions make the answer no.  I guess our answer to accepting an exception would be gradated based on length of time of visit, once or twice, etc., and then the fair assessment of what if everyone did the same.  

Another thought is a 2nd Yacht Club interior?  Again, don't know the ship.

• Like 2

On 4/22/2021 at 10:16 PM, cruisebug722 said:

7 hours ago, kimstoess said:

I understand that. I have cruised many times in suites. I just didn't want to pay for an additional suite just for a 12 year old if at all possible....

If you really did truly understand, you wouldn't have asked! 🙄

• Like 1

On 4/30/2021 at 10:45 AM, kimstoess said:

There is no reason to be a jerk. It was a question! I have sailed in the haven 5+ times and the royal suite class 8+ times. My mother doesn't want to come but I'm trying to figure out how to get my 12 year old with us since she can't sail in the same room as us. Didn't exactly want to pay for two MSC Yacht Club Royal Suites because of a 12 year old. Royal Caribbean has aloud us to book the royal suite and inside cabin for the teen and had no problems with her coming on board with us and going to the suite area. 

Not being a jerk just responding to an often asked question much the same way a few others responded to you. Yet, you felt the need to call me a jerk and none of the others.

Oh well, it is some peoples nature to see what they can get away with because they are so special.

22 hours ago, At Sea At Peace said:

Regarding the MSC Yacht Club Family Suite, what ship is that on and what are the configurations and square feet?  My thought being is there accommodations for all 4?  If not, is there another Yacht Club option?

Regarding the day visits, I believe that the general terms and conditions make the answer no.  I guess our answer to accepting an exception would be gradated based on length of time of visit, once or twice, etc., and then the fair assessment of what if everyone did the same.  

Another thought is a 2nd Yacht Club interior?  Again, don't know the ship.

Right, more info needed so people here can offer options.  Seaside has YC rooms for five.  Sounds like they have a Royal Suite booked on one ship.

Is the grandma going or not?  If not, who is 12 yo sailing with?

We've done a YC interior for teens since MSC would not let us book the room for five for just four people.  Price wasn't that much difference in the end.

• Like 2