Just got a redeployment message

sjde

I have never eaten at Share,but as I remember it there was the original menu which very few people liked and the newer menu which has had much mpre favorable posts on Cruise Critic.

I wonder if those who said in this thread they really liked Share had experienced the original menu or if they have had the more recent menus.

9 hours ago, nini said:

Yup, we have been switched to the Emerald from the Crown. I was upset but then checked out the deck plans. My main concern was keeping our cabin and it looks that will be fine. Phew!

sjde- we have been on the Crown and like it. You will be fine.

We kept our cabin as well when our cruise was switched from the Crown to the Emerald.

4 hours ago, caribill said:

I have never eaten at Share,but as I remember it there was the original menu which very few people liked and the newer menu which has had much mpre favorable posts on Cruise Critic.

I wonder if those who said in this thread they really liked Share had experienced the original menu or if they have had the more recent menus.

we had the original menu - it was just OK, barely ... haven't been back since, but may also have not sailed on a ship that has Share as our last cruises have been on CB, Royal, Regal, and Sky

Online it shows Crafted by Curtis Stone , for Crown Princess. Is that not correct? 
So to get this straight- Crown has Crown Grill and Sabatini’s for their specialty (addl fee) restaurants? 

13 minutes ago, sjde said:
Online it shows Crafted by Curtis Stone , for Crown Princess. Is that not correct? 
So to get this straight- Crown has Crown Grill and Sabatini’s for their specialty (addl fee) restaurants? 

In the past there have been items on the main dining room menu showing as crafted by Curtis Stone.    Our favorite is pork belly with applesauce, excellent specially when you order it crispy.    We dine at Share a couple of times each cruise.   Menu is limited and far better than the original menu.   Small plates to share.

14 minutes ago, sjde said:

It is different. Princess has a bit of an extended partnership with Stone, who has also designed some dishes for the MDR. That includes the two shown at this link (seafood stew and pork belly).

Yes. Crown has Crown Grill and Sabatini's as fee restaurants. Those are your two main specialty dining restaurants.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, nbsjcruiser said:

We kept our cabin as well when our cruise was switched from the Crown to the Emerald.

I haven't gotten my new details other than a msg that I'll be switching to the Emerald.  Says details to follow no later than May 14.

I just looked up the "Stateroom Selection" for this voyage and on Plaza (my) deck they've only assigned the very forward cabins so far.  I was in P325 on the Crown which is my favorite area so hope that carries over!  Guess I'll just have to be patient.

Edited by BarbinMich

2 minutes ago, sjde said:

Now I'm disappointed I won't get to experience Share!

go to your local and get the fattiest piece of pork you can find, cook and open a can of applesauce 

then find the old Brady Bunch episode about Peter saying "pork chops and applesauce" 

with apologies to Bogart

Peter Brady as Humphrey Bogart: 'Porkchops & Applesauce' | The Brady Bunch | TV Land - Bing video

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, snoozecrooze said:

That includes the two shown at this link (seafood stew and pork belly).

Do you or anyone know where I can find recipe for the seafood stew (featuring Chilean Sea Bass)?  I was hoping your link was it, but it is for the Princess page on SHARE and Mr Stone.  I have hunted the internet and not found it.  There is a dessert recipe under Stone's feature page, but that is it. 

I would like to find that recipe.  Not only do we like the dish, but one of our friends is pescatarian and I would like to surprise him sometime when they visit us.

Next time on a ship I will ask a HW or the MD if I can get it, but open to any info now.

36 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Do you or anyone know where I can find recipe for the seafood stew (featuring Chilean Sea Bass)?

I apologize that I cannot be of more help. Hoping you can find the recipe soon.

2 hours ago, sjde said:

Now I'm disappointed I won't get to experience Share!

Do not fret; just book a short cruise on the Emerald or the Ruby (the two ships with the restaurant) whenever you can and you can try it out then. I do feel your expectations could be too high -- it was just fine to me but not exemplary to the extent that some might make it sound. Hope you can try it out soon.

We have been on both ships many times and have always enjoyed the experience.  Share has been visited twice by us and we had a great meal both times. Granted, not all dining venues are embraced by all, but this one is an experience that should be given a chance before it goes away.

• Like 2

On 4/21/2021 at 1:48 PM, sjde said:

We just receieved a message that our 2022 Alaskan cruise has been changed from the Emerald Princess to the Crown Princess. Can anyone tell me if this is a positive change? Negative? Or are they identical/no differnce?

I have only sailed on the Emerald before. Thanks! 

Sailed both ships a few times, both great ships, no reason for concern!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Namvvet68 said:

I noticed that the Emerald has Steamers Seafood and Planks BBQ and the Crown does not have them.  What will I  be missing? 

Steamers is a seafood restaurant put on during some nights of the cruise in the back half of the World Fresh Marketplace buffets (this includes Emerald, Caribbean, and Sky; Majestic is also a WFM buffet but since it was primarily deployed in Asia and Australia, I'm pretty sure it didn't have it). I know it says Regal has it as well on the Princess website, but I can't seem to remember if it was actually there. Others can correct me. Menu here.

Planks is a BBQ restaurant that operates the same way as Steamers. They do not operate concurrently, I don't think. Menu here.

Both do not get very crowded as most people don't know about them but they apparently gave out big portions for the price. Your experiences may vary.

25 minutes ago, sjde said:

Does the Crown have something similar to the Emerald’s Steamers Seafood and Planks BBQ?

As of 2019, it did not. Can't speak for it since.

On 4/21/2021 at 10:48 AM, sjde said:

We just receieved a message that our 2022 Alaskan cruise has been changed from the Emerald Princess to the Crown Princess. Can anyone tell me if this is a positive change? Negative? Or are they identical/no differnce?

I have only sailed on the Emerald before. Thanks! 

Emerald was refurbished in 2019 and the Crown was done in 2018 so she may look a bit tired. 

Having read the thread on this site I contacted my UK TA who told me my cruise has been cancelled by Princess (as the customer I thought they should contact me).

Offered cruise credit/book same cruise for 2023 or refund, we chose refund, so I emailed TA to formally apply for a refund.

I requested deposit repayment into my account within 14 gays as this is what ABTA/ATOL say should be the case, TA said it will take alot longer than that, I explained this is not the start of the pandemic and no ships are sailing.

I am not prepared to wait 3 months as I did last year for a refund - anyone had experience of Princess refunds?  I except last March was a difficult time for refunds, this year should be different very quick to take my money very slow to return it.

Namvvet68- Wow! They look tired after only 3 years? I didn’t know they were dry docked that often. ( Actually it’ll be 4 years by the time we sail). 

Edited by sjde

We have been switched from Crown to Emerald, I don't have a problem with the ship, but the B2 balcony cabin C325, I chose specifically, is an Inside cabin on the Emerald. Our cabin now shows as to be allocated.