CDC Mask Guidance for Outdoors to be relaxed and announced tomorrow

No I knew you were vaccinated-I just wonder what the viral load of 80,000 Arkansas fans "Callin the Hawgs" would be (although I realize this is at diminutive War Memorial in Little Rock-not Fayetteville)

Edited by Stallion
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

But you ARE safe Sidney, otherwise, why did you get it?

True. Even the variants are covered by the current mRNA vaccines. Maybe not as high efficiency as the original strain but still very high. I feel very safe being out and about but I continue to wear the mask for the community of people who have not had their vaccines yet.

Edited by coffeebean
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

True. Even the variants are covered by the current mRNA vaccines. Maybe not as high and efficiency but still very high. I feel very safe being out and about but I continue to wear the mask for the community of people who have not had their vaccines yet.

So you will be wearing a mask forever to protect the people who are choosing not to get vaccinated?

3 hours ago, Stallion said:

No I knew you were vaccinated-I just wonder what the viral load of 80,000 Arkansas fans "Callin the Hawgs" would be (although I realize this is at diminutive War Memorial in Little Rock-not Fayetteville)

Maybe nothing if they're vaccinated.  Your snark doesn't affect me in any way...nice try but no cigar.  And anyway that video was made 10 years ago.  Is that Earth Humor?

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

But you ARE safe Sidney, otherwise, why did you get it?

I have a compromised immune system so my doctor isnt sure if the shot was be effective. She is a pretty little thing. My doctor also told me to be careful and wear a mask because there are variant coronaviruses and the vaccine doesnt always protect against them.

Sidney

BTW way, if you are trying to Vax shame Arkansas, here's  stats  in your area:

County:  Dallas
Public Health Region:   2/3
Percentage of Population 16+ Vaccinated with At Least One Dose: 49.64%
Percentage of Population 16+ Fully Vaccinated: 36.18%
I was born and raised in Texas, lived there all my life.  I"ve been to a lot of football there both in Austin, Lubbock and Houston...so what!
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Keksie said:

So you will be wearing a mask forever to protect the people who are choosing not to get vaccinated?

Absolutely not! I will not be wearing a mask to protect anti-vaxxers or non-vaxxers. Having said that, in my neck of the woods, there are still people being vaccinated every day. Just today, I asked the employee in my local Publix who was manning the vaccine station, how many people, on average, are being vaccinated in that specific Publix. She told me about 40 people per day so, to me, there still are people in my community that want the vaccine and have yet to be vaccinated.

4 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

Absolutely not! I will not be wearing a mask to protect anti-vaxxers or non-vaxxers. Having said that, in my neck of the woods, there are still people being vaccinated every day. Just today, I asked the employee in my local Publix who was manning the vaccine station, how many people, on average, are being vaccinated in that specific Publix. She told me about 40 people per day so, to me, there still are people in my community that want the vaccine and have yet to be vaccinated.

That is great. I got my shot in a park in Wantagh. I have heard good things about Publix grocery store but never went to one.

Sidney

2 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

The question you should have followed up with would be is 40 all you can accommodate or is that all that show up? If there are open slots then why should you have to wait for people who are dragging their feet?

2 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

The question you should have followed up with would be is 40 all you can accommodate or is that all that show up? If there are open slots then why should you have to wait for people who are dragging their feet?

I didn't think of it that way but I'm still not in a rush to take of my mask. Many people in my community still wear masks as we are all seniors. The older folks are mostly vaccinated at this point and we are still the ones wearing the masks.

1 minute ago, Ocean Boy said:

But I still have my suspicions....😇

Biker thinks that reincarnation on CC is rare, but having a certain segment of the population post in a similar fashion is not.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, coffeebean said:

I didn't think of it that way but I'm still not in a rush to take of my mask. Many people in my community still wear masks as we are all seniors. The older folks are mostly vaccinated at this point and we are still the ones wearing the masks.

And that is fine if it is what you are all confortable doing. However, you really don't have any right to expect everyone else to conform to your timeline as to when they are ditching their masks.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

I am not either. At my community we all wear our masks. When people come they are very respectful.

Sidney

7 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

2 minutes ago, SidneyHuff1950 said:

I am not either. At my community we all wear our masks. When people come they are very respectful.

Sidney

It seems the two of you now have safe places to visit!