CDC Mask Guidance for Outdoors to be relaxed and announced tomorrow

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

The question you should have followed up with would be is 40 all you can accommodate or is that all that show up? If there are open slots then why should you have to wait for people who are dragging their feet?

The day my husband was scheduled for his second shot Publix called him to see if he could come in early since so many people had not shown up for their appointments.  That was several weeks ago. Our surgeon general stated that vaccinated people should no longer be required to wear masks or avoid social or recreational gatherings in his latest resolution.  I am taking his advice.

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, Vibe said:

Mickey & Donald have done a scientific study and the findings are that 6 foot is not necessary. Social distancing at 3 foot is adequate...... espcially for making more $$$

3 hours ago, Keksie said:

So you will be wearing a mask forever to protect the people who are choosing not to get vaccinated?

I recognize the lack of a patience gene. Even so, accusing people of chosing not to be vaccinated with less than 35% of the population vaccinated is really pushing the bounds of reasonableness.

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

The question you should have followed up with would be is 40 all you can accommodate or is that all that show up? If there are open slots then why should you have to wait for people who are dragging their feet?

I don't follow the logic. Empty slots mean everyone is dragging their feet? What if the immediate neighborhood is mostly vaccinated? What if ... too many other possibilities.

3 hours ago, coffeebean said:

Absolutely not! I will not be wearing a mask to protect anti-vaxxers or non-vaxxers. Having said that, in my neck of the woods, there are still people being vaccinated every day. Just today, I asked the employee in my local Publix who was manning the vaccine station, how many people, on average, are being vaccinated in that specific Publix. She told me about 40 people per day so, to me, there still are people in my community that want the vaccine and have yet to be vaccinated.

When I got my first shot on Monday they were doing about 40 every 15 minutes

1 hour ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

Mickey & Donald have done a scientific study and the findings are that 6 foot is not necessary. Social distancing at 3 foot is adequate...... espcially for making more $$$

I trust Mickey and Donald more than the clowns at the CDC

• Like 4

7 hours ago, broberts said:

I recognize the lack of a patience gene. Even so, accusing people of chosing not to be vaccinated with less than 35% of the population vaccinated is really pushing the bounds of reasonableness.

I don't follow the logic. Empty slots mean everyone is dragging their feet? What if the immediate neighborhood is mostly vaccinated? What if ... too many other possibilities.

And I don't follow your logic. Was it not already established that 40 people a day are showing up?

8 hours ago, broberts said:

I have been patient for a long time now.  I was asking a poster who said they still were wearing a mask to protect people who were not vaccinated if they intended to do that forever since there will never be a time when there is 100% of the population vaccinated.  I would assume that people who have not been vaccinated yet would know that they have not been vaccinated and are ok with the risk of hanging out with unmasked people.  The what ifs are part of the problem of getting back to normal.  It is easy to come up with all kinds of dire what ifs.  In Florida 81% of people over 65 have been vaccinated.  

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, SidneyHuff1950 said:

I am sorry if I am offended you. 

Sidney

YOu are a sweetheart Sidney, no one is offended.  It's your right!  I just wonder why people who are vaccinated think they should continue to wear masks when unnessary.  And why 35% of Americans in todays poles say they won't get it,  when they are always saying "Follow the Science" and then pick and choose what to  believe.  But Buddy, that is alright with me.

That pole, although I am suspitious of poles 🤔 also said millions around the world are refusing to get them....maybe why India has had that surge!  Even though there are some who accuse us of exagerating, here in northern Arkansas that's just how it is....almost no cases and only a handful of people wearing masks and that is only coming into WalMart or restaurants and then pushing down after a few minutes...makes no sense at all, but there it is.  If everyone's not, I'm not because we're all vaccinated.  In our county at least.  And that is the science here. 

• Like 2

• 88 posts
  • February 19, 2015
  • NY

Royal Caribbean's Senior Vice President, Sales, Trade Support and Service, Vicki Freed, told travel agents in a webinar today that the CDC's plan was purposefully left short of requiring 100% vaccinated passengers so that kids could sail.

"The reason for that is because children do not have to be vaccinated if they are under 18," Ms. Freed explained after getting asked why not require everyone to be vaccinated. "And so at this point, that is where the difference between the ninety five and one hundred percent."

"All adults will need to be vaccinated, but children under 18 do not need to be vaccinated, but they still have to take a Covid test prior to boarding."

So I guess that settles it for all of us...we WILL be sailing as soon as they can get the ships ready!

• Like 1