CCL Stock Today

elcuchio24

13 hours ago, CroozFanatic said:

I bought everything at the bottom and I sold everything at the top. It's true.

I think I might have done the opposite.....bought at $65 a share and I still have those 100 shares! Ouch! But as long as I don't sell, I've lost no money......or so I keep telling myself.😳

Doug

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/1/2021 at 11:22 AM, IntrepidFromDC said:

Sold partial position at $30.70.  Will rebuy below $27.

On 6/1/2021 at 11:36 AM, TNcruising02 said:

Yep.  I have been trading this stock all year.

Nearing buy point today.  Potential for spikes as first sailings are event-free, followed by another pop when Carnival updates earnings projections for 2022 and 2023 based on full fleet including the new 2022/2023 ships.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

Bought 200sh @ $26.00 just now.

Hmmm. I watched. Not sure I want to dip my toes in. I kept 100 ccl, sold rrcl but need 100 rcl for the obc before dec. Terrible earnings. Today ccl said selling 500m or whatever it is that is taking the price down.  I'll go take a look. 

33 minutes ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

Bought 200sh @ $26.00 just now.

Well that's the low so far today. I just need 100 rcl, going to wait, I'm not trading just to hold for obc.

That big secondary hurt ccl today. See how it closes.

22 minutes ago, jfunk138 said:

I think Wall Street is starting to price in increased risk of the current situation in UK making its way across the pond.  Seems to be hitting the 3 stocks equally hard.

The stock channel said all travel stocks ..also about the newer covid variety over in europe. Lots of negatives today. 

Today 26.17 seems to be approx where it keeps coming back to.

Finding a rcl entry pt ..ugly time. I got 10 rcl bookings, not forgoing all that obc. Sold my few shares around 90 but need to buy back at least 100. 

Lots of negatives today hitting travel. Yes travel coming back but costs more for covid. Shortage of rental cars. .. and being big negative, no approval for its newest plane. ..with airlines waiting for delivery. Boeing was down over 8 pts when I saw it earlier, ugly

13 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

The stock channel said all travel stocks ..also about the newer covid variety over in europe. Lots of negatives today. 

Today 26.17 seems to be approx where it keeps coming back to.

Finding a rcl entry pt ..ugly time. I got 10 rcl bookings, not forgoing all that obc. Sold my few shares around 90 but need to buy back at least 100. 

Lots of negatives today hitting travel. Yes travel coming back but costs more for covid. Shortage of rental cars. .. and being big negative, no approval for its newest plane. ..with airlines waiting for delivery. Boeing was down over 8 pts when I saw it earlier, ugly

CCL said they were going to sell a large quantity of shares today...that's part of the reason it's down.    i might add a few hundred more shares if it keeps going down this week

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mpacker said:

CCL said they were going to sell a large quantity of shares today...that's part of the reason it's down.    i might add a few hundred more shares if it keeps going down this week

Yes that's the secondary I referred to twice above. More dilution. 

Who can predict past today but selling more shares is never a good thing except it raises operating capital. No one wants more dilution.

• Like 1

Carnival, Norwegian and Royal all had large losses in the stock market today. They say it was because of the 2 kids who tested positive on Royal. Lots of money lost just because 2 kids didn't want to be vaccinated. I wish all cruises could sail with everyone vaccinated.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jfunk138 said:

I think Wall Street is starting to price in increased risk of the current situation in UK making its way across the pond.  Seems to be hitting the 3 stocks equally hard.

Israel Sees Explosion Of Cases In Vaccinated Patients Caused By "Delta" Variant

An outbreak of the Delta variant in Israel has spread to many vaccinated people, with about half of the adults infected already being fully innocualted with the Pfizer vaccine.

I see a lot pf problems for the cruise lines coming up. Cases are on the rise in the US also. The UK Delta cases are rising rapidly, I have not seen numbers on the percentages of fully vaccinated getting it in the UK yet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, tallyho8 said:

Carnival, Norwegian and Royal all had large losses in the stock market today. They say it was because of the 2 kids who tested positive on Royal. Lots of money lost just because 2 kids didn't want to be vaccinated. I wish all cruises could sail with everyone vaccinated.

Were the kids old enough to be eligible to be vaccinated? If they were, was it really their choice or that of their parents?

8 hours ago, HaveWeMetYet said:

Israel Sees Explosion Of Cases In Vaccinated Patients Caused By "Delta" Variant

An outbreak of the Delta variant in Israel has spread to many vaccinated people, with about half of the adults infected already being fully innocualted with the Pfizer vaccine.

I see a lot pf problems for the cruise lines coming up. Cases are on the rise in the US also. The UK Delta cases are rising rapidly, I have not seen numbers on the percentages of fully vaccinated getting it in the UK yet.

And I am waiting for the CDC/FDA to announce whether you can cross vaccinate. I received the J&J vaccine through allocations at work when vaccines were in tight supply. Other countries have approved it. Based on what is known, the mRNA versions are extremely effective against the delta variant. I would only need one dose since I do have J&J. 

2 hours ago, ontheweb said:

Were the kids old enough to be eligible to be vaccinated? If they were, was it really their choice or that of their parents?

Rcl never posted their ages, just said they were minors, had to be below age 16.

And ccl sell off much more likely because of 500 million secondary shares sold yesterday of ccl stock to raise operating capital and bad earnings than something from last week, old news.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, tallyho8 said:

Just reporting what has been written in several columns.

Carnival, Royal Caribbean shares sink after passengers found on board with COVID | Fortune

I think people who write and know little about cruises can say almost any reason. Above I see someone say its floridas fault .. even though it was on a ship out of nassau. And known last week. ..

My channel for stocks said today royal Caribbean says unvaccinated have to buy insurance to cruise, shares down. ..looked a bit later and rcl was up lol, so maybe shareholders liked the idea ? Lolol

Kinda like after a football game always news casters with a opinion why the team lost or won a game. So many things to choose from, choose one why from the list. Earnings and secondary were mentioned yesterday ... so yesterday's news. So saying it was because of a cruise last week from nassau 2 kids were positive and families flown home .. does tie in with rcl saying unvax have to buy insurance. Same news i guess. No one reason. Intrepid above thinks it will get a bounce by this weekend when vista leaves .. maybe horizon on sunday? For those playing the daily news swings. .. 

• Like 2

I wonder if these cruise lines with positive cases are testing people the morning they board the ship or just letting people submit their own test results within 72 hours of cruising.  It seems like testing unvaccinated before boarding would be the best way to help eliminate positive cases since these positive cases are probably happening while traveling to the cruise port.

I guess we will see if the stocks will drop any more.  Carnival's stock is good for a buy, in my opinion.  It's laddering down, so maybe it will drop lower.

Edited by TNcruising02
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

Bringing back this thread about CCL, it's fun to look back at predictions.  I'm glad I sold a bunch @ $30 a while back, and just today finally nibbled at $8.49 right near close of market.  Anybody else nibbling here?

I picked some up about three weeks ago.  Right around the same price.  
And already made 100.00 on OBC for my cruise on princess this Sunday. Lolol.   So I’m up 100.00. Lolol.   
Dont think it will go much lower covid was it’s bottom and we are there now.  So.   
im waiting for NCL a and RC to go back down as I cruise on them more.   I missed the dip last time.  I have buys set up at their covid bottoms just incase.  Don’t wanna miss those again lol 

6B9CC98C-BE29-4649-A8AE-66AA7240C0C0.jpeg

050B0033-1712-4EEF-862F-538CA37470A6.jpeg

Edited by Ptroxx
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Ptroxx said:

I picked some up about three weeks ago.  Right around the same price.  
And already made 100.00 on OBC for my cruise on princess this Sunday. Lolol.   So I’m up 100.00. Lolol.   
Dont think it will go much lower covid was it’s bottom and we are there now.  So.   
im waiting for NCL a and RC to go back down as I cruise on them more.   I missed the dip last time.  I have buys set up at their covid bottoms just incase.  Don’t wanna miss those again lol 

I'm not so sure about that.  This crippling level of debt that is still bleeding $20 million per day has the ability to take this to a new low.

• Like 1