Still alot of uncertainly as to which cruises are a go? How soon with RCCL let us know?

1 hour ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Yes, when your talking points do not match up with any facts, you are ignorant, or at the very least, wilfully deceitful

Gee, a politician who makes stuff up, who knew? At least it's only the one guy, though, so there's that, LOL...😆

Just now, DCGuy64 said:

Gee, a politician who makes stuff up, who knew? At least it's only the one guy, though, so there's that, LOL...😆

Touché! 🙂

I thought Politician and Liar were synonyms? no?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, cruise wizard said:

I hope that the CDC is enforcing the same protocols for cruising to the Southern border...........if they are trying to keep infections from entering the US.

Thanks for bringing totally unrelated politics into the discussion 🙄

The crews are getting vaccinated now. The test cruises begin in July from the US. We should all have a chance to cruise again by the winter season if all goes well. That means following the rules set by both the CDC and cruise lines.

If you aren't going to cooperate, stay home. If just one ship is breached and there is an outbreak,  everything will be shut down again.

We are closing in on the new normal.  We can only get there by reaching herd immunity on each ship through 90% of those on board being vaccinated and wearing masks when participating in large group activities when inside. Or by making those who try to cheat walk the plank. 

We have gone through so much in the last year and lost so many to this virus. Let's pay tribute to that sacrifice by showing respect for each other and the crews who badly need to get back to work.

And let's thank all those in scientific research who made this possible so quickly by perfecting vaccines in record time, those that participated in the trials and those who helped get those shots in our arms.

I know many are still leery of the vaccines, but there should be enough young people getting vaccines in the coming months to make up for their insecurity. It's the only way the next generation can secure a future that doesn't always include wearing a  mask.

It's going to be Ship Ahoy and Bon Voyage before we know it....if we don't screw this up.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, fairweather said:

The test cruises begin in July from the US. We should all have a chance to cruise again by the winter season if all goes well. That means following the rules set by both the CDC and cruise lines.

We can only get there by reaching herd immunity on each ship through 90% of those on board being vaccinated 

Can you please advice us as to where you are getting your information from? First of all,  where did you hear that test cruises were beginning in July?  And where did you get the idea about 90% being vaccinated on board attains herd immunity?  Thanks

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cruise wizard said:

I hope that the CDC is enforcing the same protocols for cruising to the Southern border...........if they are trying to keep infections from entering the US.

This post doesn't make any sense.

42 minutes ago, CruisingHogFan said:

99.9% of the posts on this topic don’t make any sense....

I miss the days of can I wear shorts in the MDR and can I share my drink package?

Likewise.

Plus chair hogs overcrowding in the diamond lounge cold tasteless MDR food seat saving over priced bingo and many more.

• Haha 1

Okay it's been 10 days or so since the cruislines got the new information from the CDC.

So when is the information coming from the cruiselines as to what they are going to do next? Others on this site have said the cruiselines have a plan A, B, C or D incase this or that happens, like they have been working on this for months................so why still haven't we heard anything from them?

Keeping everyone in limbo really sucks as to finalizing plans for summer, fall vacations..............when will the uncertainty end?

Come on Royal Caribbean get off the pot and speak what your plans are? Make a decision! Grow a Pair !

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Okay it's been 10 days or so since the cruislines got the new information from the CDC.

So when is the information coming from the cruiselines as to what they are going to do next? Others on this site have said the cruiselines have a plan A, B, C or D incase this or that happens, like they have been working on this for months................so why still haven't we heard anything from them?

Keeping everyone in limbo really sucks as to finalizing plans for summer, fall vacations..............when will the uncertainty end?

Come on Royal Caribbean get off the pot and speak what your plans are? Make a decision! Grow a Pair !

Yes, this. I made a rookie mistake (and I'm not a rookie cruiser) by booking a cruise in July recently thinking that if it was advertised, it was a go. I realize now, there were too many variables, etc. The boards reflect that there is no way we are going in July. Would love my final payment back to make other plans. Any guesses when we will be notified?

I read the new CDC recommendations and at first glance was hopeful for my New England cruise out of Baltimore...then I realized only cruise line based tours?? A highlight of this cruise, which we have cruised before, is finding lobster restaurants and since we know so many of the ports, self exploring and hiking favorite hikes. Then i looked at the available excursions - most over $100 per person with the 10% promotion. ... not so excited by the possibilities for my September cruise now 😞

1 minute ago, herbanrenewal said:

I read the new CDC recommendations and at first glance was hopeful for my New England cruise out of Baltimore...then I realized only cruise line based tours?? A highlight of this cruise, which we have cruised before, is finding lobster restaurants and since we know so many of the ports, self exploring and hiking favorite hikes. Then i looked at the available excursions - most over $100 per person with the 10% promotion. ... not so excited by the possibilities for my September cruise now 😞

Yes, you will be get a watered down experience for sure, not fun !

23 minutes ago, herbanrenewal said:

If your itinerary had Canadian ports.............then it is toast!!!!

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Everyone is waiting for the hearing next week b4 they devote any resources in one direction or another, it seems