Still alot of uncertainly as to which cruises are a go? How soon with RCCL let us know?

17 minutes ago, DJLDRUMS said:

Nothing has changed as of yesterday suizas, CDC still saying 40% capacity...ALTHOUGH I spoke with RCI Reservations yesterday (Saturday) and was told that they are to continue to sell all the ships as if there's no limitations on bookings.

Don't take what the reps tell you at Royal as gospel.  They only know what they are told and I've seen time and time again when they are not told information and pass on incorrect or incomplete information.

22 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Don't take what the reps tell you at Royal as gospel.  They only know what they are told and I've seen time and time again when they are not told information and pass on incorrect or incomplete information.

Oh no, I don't, but I do understand that if there's a buck to be made they'll make it....In this case keep selling all the ships. That's the way of big business. As another poster said GREED.

2 hours ago, DJLDRUMS said:

Thanks for your post but as far as what's in store for the Oasis (or RCI for that matter) bringing in record revenue it doesn't appear to apply to it this year. The Oasis no only has the Florida-Nassau itineraries that were supposed to start in May but also has the New England itineraries as well, and we know what's no going to happen for any cruise ships visiting Canada this year. As one of the posts said an announcement was to be made May 1st regarding ports reopening in the Northeast. Ok, the 1st is a Saturday, lets see what Monday brings.

Oasis has exactly one sailing on an itinerary for Canada; a 5-night 6/5/2022 cruise. All the others out of Cape Liberty are the Port Canaveral/CoCo Cay/Nassau itinerary. The other Canada sailings out of Cape Liberty are on Adventure. Anthem is the ship that has a widely varied group of itineraries out of Cape Liberty, though a little less so these days with the additional ships.

RCL will wait until the CDC gives a final date when the no sail order will be lifted. Once this happens RCL will announce it's restart strategy out of US ports. Likely the 3-4 day itinararies will be the first ones followed by select 7 day itinararies likely with modifications of itinararies etc for the time being.

1 minute ago, LXA350 said:

RCL will wait until the CDC gives a final date when the no sail order will be lifted. Once this happens RCL will announce it's restart strategy out of US ports. Likely the 3-4 day itinararies will be the first ones followed by select 7 day itinararies likely with modifications of itinararies etc for the time being.

The CDC NSO expired in October 2020. We are currently operating under the CSO. The CSO expires in November (it won’t be lifted before its organic end date). 

What is, or is not possible to accomplish under guidelines of the CSO is the question. As far as I have seen, not enough details have been released to even venture a guess as to what might happen and when. 

On 5/1/2021 at 7:31 AM, Jimbo said:

Anyone want to guess just how long it will be before RCCL comes out and tells everyone which cruises are a go and which ones are canceled. Plus if people are bumped from cruises just how long before people are told?

This unknowing is almost as bad as before when all cruises were up in the air. 

Anyone else feel the same way............makes it hard to get excited  about making plans for a cruise that may be for not.

Are you referring to cruises with Covid restrictions or cruises with zero restrictions .If the latter I do not believe it will be this year.

2 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

The CDC NSO expired in October 2020. We are currently operating under the CSO. The CSO expires in November (it won’t be lifted before its organic end date). 

What is, or is not possible to accomplish under guidelines of the CSO is the question. As far as I have seen, not enough details have been released to even venture a guess as to what might happen and when. 

Well put, time to sit back and wait for an announcement whenever they feel like it.

1 hour ago, DJLDRUMS said:

Took the words right out of my mouth...Capital "G" is the way (for some)

I don’t understand how people think it’s greed? If RCCL cancels you get a full refund or 125% FCC.

Seems to to me more people are booking cruises they know will be canceled over the last year to take advantage of the system for 125% FCC or lock in a Lift and Shift at al lower price...

• Like 2

Nothing has changed as of yesterday suizas, CDC still saying 40% capacity...ALTHOUGH I spoke with RCI Reservations yesterday (Saturday) and was told that they are to continue to sell all the ships as if there's no limitations on bookings.

That just coincides how Royal has been handling everything all along,. just more hoping one day they will wake up and the CDC will tell them, okay it's time now just carry-on like none of this Covid issue means anything.

It's the way to approach everything with the least amount of money out of their pockets.

If they keep waiting like that, it's going to be a very long time before anyone cruises from a US port.

For me the frustrating thing is that they seem to wait until beyond final payment every time before announcing that your cruise is cancelled, then hang onto your money for as long as possible. I am still waiting for my refund for the cruise they cancelled on 9th March.  A cruise NCL cancelled on my I had my refund within 14 days 

3 hours ago, bouhunter said:

Well it's not "always perfect" like that, in fact it usually isn't.  Juneau for example, average high in September is 57, and they average 19 days of rain in September.

I'm just saying what we've experienced.  We used to book by what an Alaskan was saying so all 3 were the last cruise in Sept.  All were sunny and mild and we didn't miss one single excursion.  We loved it...here's another one on Radiance, Sept 11, 2013

2nd on Solstice  Those are our cruise buds, they are prettier than we are LOL  We love the afts. Sept. 2, 2016 and Solstice again Sept 12, 2017

75 and balmy.jpg

Ahi Tuna balcony picnic.JPG

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, dswallow said:

Oasis has exactly one sailing on an itinerary for Canada; a 5-night 6/5/2022 cruise. All the others out of Cape Liberty are the Port Canaveral/CoCo Cay/Nassau itinerary. The other Canada sailings out of Cape Liberty are on Adventure. Anthem is the ship that has a widely varied group of itineraries out of Cape Liberty, though a little less so these days with the additional ships.

Freedom is also scheduled to do ne/canada and bermuda sailings this summer/fall out of cape liberty.   

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, SpainAlien said:

For me the frustrating thing is that they seem to wait until beyond final payment every time before announcing that your cruise is cancelled, then hang onto your money for as long as possible. I am still waiting for my refund for the cruise they cancelled on 9th March.  A cruise NCL cancelled on my I had my refund within 14 days 

Sorry to hear you are still waiting for refund.  Since march 2020 I had 13 cancelled cruises and received all my refunds in 2 to 3 weeks at most.  

I just moved funds from a b2b freedom sailing to bermuda to a b2b sailing on vision out of bermuda and got a refund in 7 days.  Same goes for a reprice I did on another cruise and got refund of $291 in less than 7 days.

Always odd how some refunds take much longer.

1 hour ago, DJLDRUMS said:

Lift and Shift for one example may no longer be an option as already been mentioned. You know it's not going to last I'm sure.

Royal has stated that lift and shift will be an option for cruises that they cancel. So far they have met that and given no indication that they will be stopping this practice. 

• Like 1

Oh no, I don't, but I do understand that if there's a buck to be made they'll make it....In this case keep selling all the ships. That's the way of big business. As another poster said GREED.

After 14 months of no revenue, I’m not sure it’s greed.  Maybe trying to survive so we all can continue cruising in the near future. Big business is not the enemy

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Freedom is also scheduled to do ne/canada and bermuda sailings this summer/fall out of cape liberty.   

Yes... thanks, I was rewording my paragraph and apparently never added the new sentence about Freedom; I first just lumped Adventure and Freedom together.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, dswallow said:

It's so GREEDY of the cruise lines to pay us a 25% APR on cruise fare and cruise planner money to leave it with them. Really GREEDY.

😛

Perhaps my term was a bit strong...............but what term fits when a Company continues to sell a product or a service that they know that they can't fulfill and they permit their employees and  agents to take sales orders? 

I didn't know that cruise planner items were a part of FCC's - I thought that it was only on the base cruise fare. Thanks for letting us know.

I get a little ticked off every time I hear how greedy the cruise lines are. They are the one industry that the CDC has had by the throat for over a year and there is little to nothing they can do about it. Here is a suggestion....if you dont want them holding your money...quit sending it to them!

I for one am grateful they are still trying to hang in there. to call it greedy when you have a hint they may try to sail more than 40% full boggles the imagination!...How greedy will you call them when they raise fares 60% to cover the shortfall?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spunks said:

I get a little ticked off every time I hear how greedy the cruise lines are. They are the one industry that the CDC has had by the throat for over a year and there is little to nothing they can do about it. Here is a suggestion....if you dont want them holding your money...quit sending it to them!

I for one am grateful they are still trying to hang in there. to call it greedy when you have a hint they may try to sail more than 40% full boggles the imagination!...How greedy will you call them when they raise fares 60% to cover the shortfall?

The new pricing doesn't cover near any 25% bonus................plus I am not sending any cruise line any money until cruising fully resumes. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cruise wizard said:

The new pricing doesn't cover near any 25% bonus................plus I am not sending any cruise line any money until cruising fully resumes. 

So now you're claiming all prices have increased dramatically to cover the free 25% bonus we're getting? Conspiracy pricing theory?

9 hours ago, TMLAalum said:

Just to clarify, the big box TA I am praising is affiliated with a warehouse and your call is answered by the first available rep each time you ring in. Once we did use that big box out of NH and was assigned a specific agent but we never needed to contact her once we'd booked.

Yes I used my warehouse club.  They offered a $250 OBC. They usually offer a store gift card but this was a special promotion that they gave actual OBC for the cruise. I'm not interested in a store gift card. The only offers that I'm interested in are those that actually save me money on cruise related items such as paid gratuities, of a discount from a group rate.