Has anyone been contacted about vaccination?

With the CDC stating that cruises may continue with vaccinated crew and passengers, I was curious if Royal has started to conduct surveys to understand how many people on upcoming cruises may be vaccinated. Just to know where they stand, or are they just going to flip the cruise to vaccinated cruise. 

They just need to lock the cruise lines, CDC and Ron DeSantis in a room  and only let them out when they come up with a resolution.

No.  But i made sure my TA knows my entire party (10 folks from 3 families) is vaccinated (outside of the wretched children)

Edited by Wahed
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, MikeBayAreaCa said:

I received an email from RCI several weeks ago with questions regarding vaccinations.

I also received one and it was quite extensive around 20 -25 questions.

I received the survey a week after booking that asked about why I chose to book now, my feelings about COVID and restrictions, and asked about vaccinations at the end.  It specifically said my response would not be tied to any personal information.

I think the thought is for all adults to be vaccinated, except those with medical conditions that would be exempt then children not of age to be vaccinated to make the 95/5%  for passengers.

Providing proof of vaccination will probably be part of the online check in.  Then provide proof day of embarkment.

Has anyone sailing on adventure in june completed their online check in yet?  

23 hours ago, JoeFan said:

They just need to lock the cruise lines, CDC and Ron DeSantis in a room  and only let them out when they come up with a resolution.

I hear you.  The cruise lines and our governor were in private talks trying to come up with something.  There are a lot of disagreements all around.  Apparently the public statements made by a certain cruise line CEO threw a wrench in the talks.  

https://floridapolitics.com/archives/428198-a-hard-position-floridas-cruise-industry-struggles-with-vaccine-passport-ban/

14 hours ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

In one of Richard Fain's last videos he said they have data showing around 80% of their passengers are already vaccinated or plan to be before their next cruise. 

It would be interesting to know where the data comes from as well as how it was obtained. It would also be interesting to know who he considers "their passengers". Are those the people with active reservations, anyone who has ever sailed with RCI, anyone with a C&A number?

16 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

It would be interesting to know where the data comes from as well as how it was obtained. It would also be interesting to know who he considers "their passengers". Are those the people with active reservations, anyone who has ever sailed with RCI, anyone with a C&A number?

That was a Q&A during the Q1 earnings call between Steve Wieczynski of Stifel and Michael Bayley.

Steven Wieczynski

So my first question is going to be a bunch of CDC questions that hopefully - I don't know if you're going to be able to answer - you won't be able to. But it's a three-part question, so prepare yourself for some fun here.

When you look at the mandates that have been laid out. I mean, calling for 98% of crew and 95% of passengers to be vaccinated, do you - I mean, the first question is, do you think getting to those thresholds will be easy to achieve?

The second part of that is going to be the kid component. How are kids accounted for under those percentages? And if I'm reading that right, it seems like getting kids on board might be difficult during the CSO time frame.

And then the third part of this is, do you think the CDC's cautionary travel outlook for the Bahamas could cause some panic with your potential customer base?

Michael Bayley

Steve, so on the 98%, 95% mandate or guidelines - and remember, it's a guideline. So there's - you can meet that threshold, and you don't have to meet that threshold, and there's different pathway. We know from surveys of our customers who've been booking since January, that over 80% of our customers have already told us, they're either vaccinated or will be vaccinated when they cruise. So that's since January.

So there's an overwhelming, certainly for our customer base, people are just saying, I'm getting vaccinated. And as you skew older, the percentage increases quite significantly. Mainly because, of course, when the vaccination started, it started with the older age group first, et cetera, et cetera.

For the crew, interestingly, every year, we offer - we don't mandate flu vaccines for our crew members, and we've been doing that for many, many years. And the crew, typically, the vaccination rates of our crew members for flu is around the mid-90%. They just voluntarily take the vaccine.

We surveyed our crew some months ago, and we stay in touch with the crew through surveys and various forms of communication. And in the survey that we sent out, I'm going to say it was at the end of last year or the beginning of this year, we asked our crew members, first of all, "Have you been vaccinated? Are you getting vaccinated? And will you get vaccinated?" And we had over 98% positive response from our crew saying, "Yes, we're going to get vaccinated."

So I think there's just - I think it's somewhat a natural event. Crew used to getting vaccinated for flu, and they're certainly willing to get vaccinated for COVID. We do understand for health or religious reasons or belief reasons that some people won't want to, and that's been in place for many years in terms of how we vaccinate for flu.

On the kids, I think we obviously take a look at our kid count, kid population and what have you. We think this is the next phase. And we know that the vaccinations are now eligible for children, 16 and over. We've been told that in the coming weeks and months that that age limit will likely drop to 12, and we're encouraged by that. And then for kids 11 and under, obviously, we carry a lot of kids 11 and under. But relatively speaking, as a percentage of our total guest count, it's quite a small number.

So we're not overly concerned with that. And again, as Richard pointed out, we received these modifications late last night. We really do have to sit, study and discuss with the CDC and understand all of these different nuances. But we're not discouraged by this in anyway.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, livingonthebeach said:

I hear you.  The cruise lines and our governor were in private talks trying to come up with something.  There are a lot of disagreements all around.  Apparently the public statements made by a certain cruise line CEO threw a wrench in the talks.  

https://floridapolitics.com/archives/428198-a-hard-position-floridas-cruise-industry-struggles-with-vaccine-passport-ban/

Thanks for posting this. Explains a bit more about why silence out of the Gov office on this issue. He has put himself in a bit of a box trying to force the hand of a gov group that could give a *****...not a strong position unless the courts see things his way.. which ...frankly who knows... everything has become so political.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Moxycruise said:

I was just sent a survey today, asking questions about vaccination status, what Covid protocols I expected would be onboard, etc. This is ahead of my cruise scheduled for 4-1-22.

Did you recently book that cruise?

1 hour ago, Moxycruise said:

I was just sent a survey today, asking questions about vaccination status, what Covid protocols I expected would be onboard, etc. This is ahead of my cruise scheduled for 4-1-22.

I also received one like this today regarding my August sailing.  I booked it in the last month.

So do the passengers who have not been vaccinated get to wear a special bracelet  or a scarlet letter of some kind. 😌 Kind of reminds me of pre-pandemic days when passengers would fill out the health cards at the terminal and state that they were without illness. How many just plain lied to get on the ship? Remember the majority of norovirus cases are caused by people bringing it onboard and spreading it not poor health conditions onboard the ships. Hopefully there won't be covid issues of this kind.