Price drop and rebooking a cruise.

Hello,  my cruise in Feb 2022 price has dropped$350 since I booked it. Since I picked nonrefundable option,  if I rebook,  do I lose my deposit or pay a penalty? I may just upgrade my room instead .

You don't need to rebook. Just call whomever you booked with, either Royal Caribbean or your Travel Agent and request the lower price and a new invoice. You are always eligible for price drops and it will decrease your final payment. 

You can upgrade if you wish, but it is based on what you paid and the cost of the higher category room. 

• Like 4

I call RC so often to reprice my cruises, I have their number stored in my contacts lol! I just repriced 5 out of 7 bookings two nights ago. Good prices right now! I realized after I did it that I have saved over $1000 on my Alaska 2022 cruise from the price it was at when I initially booked it. Not all at once, but a little at a time. It adds up!

• Like 1

Thanks for the heads up, my upcoming October trip dropped by ~$300, so I'll reach out to them.

Silly question as this is my first time sailing with RCC, I'm not used to their system. With NCL I always get emailed a PDF invoice of my reservation. With RCC, I have nothing other than an email saying "hey, thanks for your deposit on reservation #12345". I like saving a copy of the full invoice for comparison and to track my history - is there a way to pull that info and save it from somewhere? When I log into my account the reservation is there, but my only options are 'make a payment' or 'plan my cruise' to add extras on. 

19 minutes ago, Sailing12Away said:

Thanks for the heads up, my upcoming October trip dropped by ~$300, so I'll reach out to them.

Silly question as this is my first time sailing with RCC, I'm not used to their system. With NCL I always get emailed a PDF invoice of my reservation. With RCC, I have nothing other than an email saying "hey, thanks for your deposit on reservation #12345". I like saving a copy of the full invoice for comparison and to track my history - is there a way to pull that info and save it from somewhere? When I log into my account the reservation is there, but my only options are 'make a payment' or 'plan my cruise' to add extras on. 

There is the option to send yourself an invoice through the self serve options when you call...just listen to the menu prompts. 

Took all of 5 minutes on the phone to save $300. Updated invoice was sent to my email before I even got off the phone. The only thing that concerns me is that no where does it say I paid for the drink package. I have an email receipt saying I paid for it, but it's not on the invoice and the account still lets me add it on.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sailing12Away said:

Took all of 5 minutes on the phone to save $300. Updated invoice was sent to my email before I even got off the phone. The only thing that concerns me is that no where does it say I paid for the drink package. I have an email receipt saying I paid for it, but it's not on the invoice and the account still lets me add it on.

Nothing purchased through the cruise planner ever shows up on the booking invoice. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, erinsmom03 said:

I call RC so often to reprice my cruises, I have their number stored in my contacts lol! I just repriced 5 out of 7 bookings two nights ago. Good prices right now! I realized after I did it that I have saved over $1000 on my Alaska 2022 cruise from the price it was at when I initially booked it. Not all at once, but a little at a time. It adds up!

Oh how I wish repricing was available in the UK. Always makes me jealous when I read how much folks save after their initial booking lol.

2 minutes ago, CaroleC said:

Oh how I wish repricing was available in the UK. Always makes me jealous when I read how much folks save after their initial booking lol.

Oh that's a bummer, why can't you reprice from the UK? 

31 minutes ago, erinsmom03 said:

Oh that's a bummer, why can't you reprice from the UK? 

Never have been able to, something in the T&Cs for the UK I guess. Pre-Covid I had a 7 night Spain & Portugal cruise booked on the Anthem from Southampton. After I’d paid the deposit they started including drinks packages in the price. I ended up cancelling the original booking, losing the £300 deposit then rebooking.

Edited by CaroleC

3 minutes ago, CaroleC said:

Never have been able to, something in the T&Cs for the UK I guess. Pre-Covid I had a 7 night Spain & Portugal cruise booked on the Anthem from Southampton. After I’d paid the deposit they started including drinks packages in the price. I ended up cancelling the original booking, losing the £300 deposit then rebooking.

Wow, that's crazy how differently they do things from one country to another!

On a side note, we were supposed to be heading to the British Isles for a 12 night cruise in July. It was going to be our first trip to Europe. Very sorry to be missing that! One day we will get there!

4 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Under CWC, you can.

Oh, I didn’t know that. Mind you, when I’ve looked at pricing recently, it’s been a lot higher than when I originally booked my Anthem cruise to the Canaries sailing in October this year. Got a great deal back in January 2020 on a JS including a drinks package.

1 hour ago, erinsmom03 said:

Wow, that's crazy how differently they do things from one country to another!

On a side note, we were supposed to be heading to the British Isles for a 12 night cruise in July. It was going to be our first trip to Europe. Very sorry to be missing that! One day we will get there!

We were also supposed to be going to the British Isles this July 30th 12 nights on Celebrity. Thought they would cancel but once final payment came due I decided to move my NRD to a Hawaii Transpacific 2023. So glad I did...yes...I'll miss that great itinerary but I'll book it next time.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CaroleC said:

You can always book with an US based travel agent...

I'm booking through an US based travel agent, my cousin who lives in Germany does the same.

Enjoying the price drops when they occur 😁

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ashland said:

We were also supposed to be going to the British Isles this July 30th 12 nights on Celebrity. Thought they would cancel but once final payment came due I decided to move my NRD to a Hawaii Transpacific 2023. So glad I did...yes...I'll miss that great itinerary but I'll book it next time.

One day I will do that British Isles itinerary too! And I am eyeing the Vancouver/Seattle to Hawaii to Australia itineraries for when I retire!

• Like 1

The pound is not that strong against the USD, so when I have priced it up previously we are better booking through the UK.

We are on one of the 4 nights to nowhere floating around from Southampton in July on Anthem.

We have paid the balance now, I stop myself looking at new prices as it just gets depressing!

On 5/16/2021 at 8:42 AM, erinsmom03 said:

I call RC so often to reprice my cruises, I have their number stored in my contacts lol!

Just one phone number?  I have their Customer Service, Crown & Anchor, Air2Sea, and Resolutions Dept. all saved as contacts. 😆🤣

• Haha 1

On 5/17/2021 at 8:33 PM, Sailing12Away said:

Thank you.  After a few prompts it asks for your booking number and then tells you the e-mail address on file.  After you confirm that you want it sent to that e-mail it is only a matter of minutes until you receive it.  Thank you for the great INFO.