Looks like Michael Bayley has the key in the ignition, ready to go.

What was that large thing in the air over the pools?Starts over the tv screen and goes back down the center of the pool deck? That's going to block some sun when people are trying to get a tan.

14 minutes ago, 100viper said:

Due to how close Odyssey was to starting her Israel season, she is almost fully crewed. 

How many is a full crew on that ship and how many crew are onboard now?

9 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

How many is a full crew on that ship and how many crew are onboard now?

Fully crewed Odyssey will have 1,550 crew members. I’m not sure how many are on her right now. 

5 minutes ago, orville99 said:

The crew member in the video said 1,200 crew onboard.

Thanks, I couldn't understand him half the time to make out what he was saying, guess I missed it in there. What was his job on the ship? PR department?

Edited by Jimbo

37 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I noticed dining room tables arent really spaced out like I thought or hoped they would be.  

He did say they he has to get vaccinated.  I guess crew didnt get vaccinated while docked in Israel.

This was part of the issue with the Odyssey sailing. The violence in Israel was likely a part of the decision, but also the fact that the entire crew had not yet been vaccinated.,

Now that the ship is heading to FL, I wonder how long it will take the crew to get shots and reach "full vaccination" status. I also wonder if Royal intends for the Odyssey to start sailing cruises from FL (either as test cruises or vaccinated revenue cruises) since none of those have been offered for sale yet, or if they intend to chop up that crew and send them to other ships in the US.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Looks like a walkway to the Northstar, which would also block some of the sun over that pool.

I have been on 1 ship with North Star, can't remember which one it was now but didn't have a walkway like that to get on it. Weird design.

Edit: It was Quantum of the Seas

Edited by Jimbo

Just now, Jimbo said:

I have been on 1 ship with North Star, can't remember which one it was now but didn't have a walkway like that to get on it. Weird design.

On the other Q class ships that pool is covered by glass and that walkway (or whatever it is) is not there.

See the source image

1 minute ago, firefly333 said:

If capacity controlled wouldnt the crew number be fewer?

If that is true, then some of that 1200 is probably destined to other ships. Meaning no ships may be that close to sailing with paying customers.

2 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

On the other Q class ships that pool is covered by glass and that walkway (or whatever it is) is not there.

See the source image

At least those glass panels don't block as much of the sun as that crazy looking structure in that video.

1 minute ago, Jimbo said:

At least those glass panels don't block as much of the sun as that crazy looking structure in that video.

That middle structure under the arm of Northstar in current Q class may block just as much sun - won't know till someone can provide real feedback. 

6 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

If that is true, then some of that 1200 is probably destined to other ships. Meaning no ships may be that close to sailing with paying customers.

Idk, a blogger I saw said if ship at 50% pax, we could see fewer crew and less service. That cruiselines will be trying to break even. He could be wrong. 

14 minutes ago, jrapps said:

This was part of the issue with the Odyssey sailing. The violence in Israel was likely a part of the decision, but also the fact that the entire crew had not yet been vaccinated.,

Now that the ship is heading to FL, I wonder how long it will take the crew to get shots and reach "full vaccination" status. I also wonder if Royal intends for the Odyssey to start sailing cruises from FL (either as test cruises or vaccinated revenue cruises) since none of those have been offered for sale yet, or if they intend to chop up that crew and send them to other ships in the US.

The video showed the worker just coming off quarantine. 

He may get a vaccine now along with others who have been in quarantine and are tested to be Covid free..

Many of the others on the ship may have been fully vaccinated prior to boarding.

The article I read describes how some of the crew not yet able to cruise to the USA will be transferred to the Anthem. By the time the Anthem crosses over to the USA in late October/November she should be ready to go.

• Like 1

Just now, firefly333 said:

Idk, a blogger I saw said if ship at 50% pax, we could see fewer crew and less service. That cruiselines will be trying to break even. He could be wrong. 

Michael Bailey said at 50% they break even and at 60% they begin making a profit.

At 60% the ships would seem deserted as is evidenced on the cruises now sailing with reduced capacity. The service seems the same but with lots of social distancing at every venue.

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Thanks, I couldn't understand him half the time to make out what he was saying, guess I missed it in there. What was his job on the ship? PR department?

It sounded to me like he was also speaking in his native language, and then translating snippets into English for the rest of us.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

According to other reports, they're supposed to be doing a crew swap with Anthem in Cyprus to move all of the crew that have U.S. visas to Odyssey so they can sail out of Florida, and crew without those visas to Anthem so they can sail out of the U.K. My guess is that they will backfill whatever number of crew they need when the ships arrive in their ultimate destination to reach a full compliment on both ships.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, orville99 said:

According to other reports, they're supposed to be doing a crew swap with Anthem in Cyprus to move all of the crew that have U.S. visas to Odyssey so they can sail out of Florida, and crew without those visas to Anthem so they can sail out of the U.K. My guess is that they will backfill whatever number of crew they need when the ships arrive in their ultimate destination to reach a full compliment on both ships.

Wonder what the timeline looks like to fill both ships if that is their idea. Another month or 2? I guess the rush in Florida isn't a real issue because it still looks a ways away for the issues in Florida to be resolved.

Edited by Jimbo

19 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

It was pretty widely reported a fews months ago that with the additional cleaning and various requirements, it would be difficult to sail with much less crew than normal even with significantly less passengers onboard. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

If capacity controlled wouldnt the crew number be fewer?

I believe the controlled capacity only applies to passengers. 

If not, it’ll be a great way to bring crews to the other ships. 

• Like 1