NCL Encore entertainment? Replacement of Kinky Boots

32 minutes ago, TardisDance said:

Our Sept. 11th sailing has Kinky Boots and Choir of Men available to book.  Kinky Boots doesn’t sound that good but I booked Choir of Men.  I’m sort of iffy about musicals though. 

Choir of Man is the best show I've seen on a cruise ship. 

If you like music, you'll love it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, bkrickles1 said:

thanks as I never heard of it.

Now all I need to do is decide if I want to cancel my cruise since I just discovered manditory testing even for us who are vaccinated.   

4 hours ago, CptAleSpill said:

Worst……show……ever.

Oh please. It’s one of the best shows at sea. 

I dont understand how anyone can sit through burn the floor and yet someone thinks something like Priscilla is “bad”. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, kollegekreed said:

Oh please. It’s one of the best shows at sea. 

I dont understand how anyone can sit through burn the floor and yet someone thinks something like Priscilla is “bad”. 

It’s because we’re not all the same.  You can drop that “oh please” stuff. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, TardisDance said:

Our Sept. 11th sailing has Kinky Boots and Choir of Men available to book.  Kinky Boots doesn’t sound that good but I booked Choir of Men.  I’m sort of iffy about musicals though. 

If you're not sure if you like musicals, check out this preview of the show.  The show is less of a traditional "musical"... it's mostly just singing, with a tiny bit of a story to hook the songs to...the show is about friendship among a group of young guys at a pub in Ireland.  At the beginning of the show, they invite all guests up to the stage to have a beer with the cast!  🙂

If you don't want to watch the whole preview here, at least give it a try to hear them sing "The Voice" at about the 5-minute mark.

https://www.ncl.com/embark-series/video/the-choir-of-man

Enjoy!

• Like 1

On 5/18/2021 at 9:42 AM, hernando52 said:

It is worse than "Wine Lovers: The Musical"?  That was the most painful dinner show ever....and we paid extra for it!

SUCH a waste of time and money, and the wine was really bad, too! I never have high expectations for cruise ship wine, but yuck! 

4 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

thanks as I never heard of it.

Now all I need to do is decide if I want to cancel my cruise since I just discovered manditory testing even for us who are vaccinated.   

Mandatory testing ensures that our cruise experience won't be disrupted by vaxxed folks that might unknowingly have breakthrough virus.  I'm good with any and all precautions that keep us safe.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, bkrickles1 said:

For NCL, it has become the most popular show, which is why they are putting it on more ships. It started as a dinner show on the tiny Supper Club stage on the Escape and quickly got restaged for the main theater. On the Encore, they took the simple bar on the Escape and turned it into a 2-story set with some of the performance on the 2nd floor balcony. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

For NCL, it has become the most popular show, which is why they are putting it on more ships. It started as a dinner show on the tiny Supper Club stage on the Escape and quickly got restaged for the main theater. On the Encore, they took the simple bar on the Escape and turned it into a 2-story set with some of the performance on the 2nd floor balcony. 

Yep. I saw it first on the Escape in the supper club and it was amazing. It was my wife's birthday and when I went up on stage to get a beer before they started, I told one of the guys and they chose my wife for the "serenade" that the guitar player does on stage and then my niece was chosen to be called up later during the pina colada song. Such a memorable experience and it was the original cast too. We saw it again on the Encore in the theater and it was still great but it does lose a little something not being in the smaller supper club. 

I'm sailing on the Joy in January and my wife and daughter are a little upset with me that Choir of Man is not on board. I hope I don't mess anything else up. Lol 😂 

12 hours ago, ShelleyQT said:

If you're not sure if you like musicals, check out this preview of the show.  The show is less of a traditional "musical"... it's mostly just singing, with a tiny bit of a story to hook the songs to...the show is about friendship among a group of young guys at a pub in Ireland.  At the beginning of the show, they invite all guests up to the stage to have a beer with the cast!  🙂

If you don't want to watch the whole preview here, at least give it a try to hear them sing "The Voice" at about the 5-minute mark.

https://www.ncl.com/embark-series/video/the-choir-of-man

Enjoy!

OMG Thank you so much for posting this!! What a brilliant way to start my day, to reminisce about seeing the show and seeing another incarnation of it!! So good! Thank you again!! 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, spfar said:

Mandatory testing ensures that our cruise experience won't be disrupted by vaxxed folks that might unknowingly have breakthrough virus.  I'm good with any and all precautions that keep us safe.

okay then hoping you feel safe on planes and restaurants etc etc where they do not test you.

At some point the vaccine has to be accepted and nothing further needed.  I mean it is never going away so will be interesting to see which line does well.  NCL did not want to deal with FLA which is too bad.  NCL jewel has been sitting in Miami port forever taking up space.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oceansaway17 said:

okay then hoping you feel safe on planes and restaurants etc etc where they do not test you.

At some point the vaccine has to be accepted and nothing further needed.  I mean it is never going away so will be interesting to see which line does well.  NCL did not want to deal with FLA which is too bad.  NCL jewel has been sitting in Miami port forever taking up space.

NCL is sailing out of FL in August....

• Like 2

On 6/30/2021 at 7:19 AM, ziggyuk said:

Thank you, being from the UK the Beatles show is one thing I really want to see and probably over and over. 🤩

I was also wondering how they will handle it as I read the Cavern Club is normally packed.

We have found it well worth our time to just grab a cocktail and go in and claim a few seats in the front row an hour or so before show time.  With several of us, it's easy for one to go to attend to critical needs (i.e. restroom and bar) while the others hold the seat.  We've made entire evenings of the excellent opening acts and cover band.  Much more enjoyable than suffering through Priscilla in the main show room.  🤣

2 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

We have found it well worth our time to just grab a cocktail and go in and claim a few seats in the front row an hour or so before show time.  With several of us, it's easy for one to go to attend to critical needs (i.e. restroom and bar) while the others hold the seat.  We've made entire evenings of the excellent opening acts and cover band.  Much more enjoyable than suffering through Priscilla in the main show room.  🤣

Really good tip, thanks 🤩

• Like 1

On 6/30/2021 at 5:20 PM, TardisDance said:

Choir of Man is a great show and one of the most fun. You leave with a big smile on your face. At least Kinky Boots isn’t Cats!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Treasure Hunter said:

Choir of Man is a great show and one of the most fun. You leave with a big smile on your face. At least Kinky Boots isn’t Cats!

Your comment made me laugh. I saw Cats on Oasis and I couldn’t make it through the whole show. 

2 hours ago, aubreyc1988 said:

Just posting an update. I am on Sept 4th sailing and Kinky Boots is not available to book, does not say "book onboard" so we shall see!

I am on the September 4th Encore sailing and was just able to book it. If you want to go, try again.

11 minutes ago, aubreyc1988 said:

hmmm still says not available for me 

That's really strange. Have you cleared your cookies/history or tried logging out and back in?  I already booked it a few days ago but am trying a different date and time and was able to do it again just now.