When is your next cruise?

mek

2 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

Vancouver is the most beautiful city in world, in my opinion. 

So I've heard from many people! I really hope we get to go there next summer! We've spent plenty of time in Seattle already. But if Seattle is the only option to get on the ship, I will still be on that ship!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

In 1986 ,my wife and I and the only child we had at the time drove to Toronto and visited every town in Ontario that we could physically get to .

We fell in love with Ontario and spoke about it so much that friends of ours relocated and still live in Toronto.

I see you are geographically challenged.

Toronto is not in Ontario; it’s common knowledge to Torontonians that they live ‘at the centre of the universe’!

• Haha 1

In 1986 ,my wife and I and the only child we had at the time drove to Toronto and visited every town in Ontario that we could physically get to .

We fell in love with Ontario and spoke about it so much that friends of ours relocated and still live in Toronto.

Deleted.

Edited by d9704011
Double Post

Deleted.

Edited by d9704011
Triple Post

5 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

I’d like to do the same but I can’t convince DW to do the long flight from the west coast to anywhere in Europe any more. 

If she’s willing, suggest asking her doctor for a few Xanax. Makes flying a breeze. 

14 hours ago, d9704011 said:

I see you are geographically challenged.

Toronto is not in Ontario; it’s common knowledge to Torontonians that they think they live ‘at the centre of the universe’!

There, I corrected your post for you 😉 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, zekekelso said:

If she’s willing, suggest asking her doctor for a few Xanax. Makes flying a breeze. 

It's not any kind of anxiety over flying.  It is the discomfort of sitting in that hard little, uncomfortable seat for  for 10 or more hours. She is just miserable by the time we land.

On 5/24/2021 at 9:00 AM, mek said:

LOL - when is the next one you have booked?

I should have included "booked". because that is what I meant.

My booked one was for Dec 2020, and I have to change it 5 times; so, my soonest booked cruise now is for July 2022.  I don't blame the cruise line.  It actually a victim.

UPDATE..............our next cruise is on the Celebrity Edge - June 26, 2021. We just booked today to celebrate our 48 th anniversary. It will be great to be back on board a cruise ship and being one of the first to cruise from the US!!!! My expectations are tempered as the experience will be different but will be exciting (new ship for us).

8 minutes ago, cruise wizard said:

UPDATE..............our next cruise is on the Celebrity Edge - June 26, 2021. We just booked today to celebrate our 48 th anniversary. It will be great to be back on board a cruise ship and being one of the first to cruise from the US!!!! My expectations are tempered as the experience will be different but will be exciting (new ship for us).

You are on the 11/28/21 Oasis sailing with us.  I'll be interested in hearing about your Edge sailing - we enjoy X very much.

Just now, mek said:

You are on the 11/28/21 Oasis sailing with us.  I'll be interested in hearing about your Edge sailing - we enjoy X very much.

I will post some comments on the 7/3 & 10 Celebrity Edge Connections boards.

We are finding out that Celebrity is matching our "senior" lifestyles better than Royal. Slower pace and fewer kids. 

32 minutes ago, cruise wizard said:

We sailed on the Edge in April 2019 Atlantic crossing - it was so great (even with 5 broken ribs I had after falling during hard rain in Lisbon on their "famously" sleek stone pavement 5 days before disembarkation)!  The Eden was the best place for me to hang out multiple times each day in the afternoon and at night.  And sauna (the SEA Thermal Suite) is perfect (we spent time in it 2-3 times a day)! - 8 areas to relax and treat yourself!

Edited by kirtihk

9 minutes ago, kirtihk said:

We sailed on the Edge in April 2019 Atlantic crossing - it was so great (even with 5 broken ribs I had after falling during hard rain in Lisbon on their "famously" sleek stone pavement 5 days before disembarkation)!  The Eden was the best place for me to hang out multiple times each day in the afternoon and at night.  And sauna (the SEA Thermal Suite) is perfect (we spent time in it 2-3 times a day)! - 8 areas to relax and treat yourself!

I saw a video on the ship - it looks great - can't wait to experience it ourselves. The good news that we will have 3 weeks to really try almost everything. Thanks for the suggestions.

2 hours ago, cruise wizard said:

I will post some comments on the 7/3 & 10 Celebrity Edge Connections boards.

We are finding out that Celebrity is matching our "senior" lifestyles better than Royal. Slower pace and fewer kids. 

Except for Caribbean cruises, we tend to gravitate toward itineraries that don't appeal to families with young children and except for the Caribbean, the itinerary is always more important to me than any particular ship or cruise line. But I really do enjoy the Oasis class ships for a fun get away.

Our last X cruise was two years ago on Equinox - From Vancouver to and around the Hawaiian islands. I was recovering from a total knee replacement and it was a very relaxing cruise.

Edited by mek