New rules about bringing soda, juice and water on board.

CineGraphic

6 minutes ago, cruzsnooze said:

Right now this is what's posted on the Princess.com web page regarding alcohol

As provided in the Passage Contract, guests agree not to bring alcoholic beverages of any kind on board for consumption, except one bottle of wine or champagne per adult of drinking age (no larger than 750 ml) per voyage, which will not be subject to a corkage fee if consumed in the stateroom. Additional wine or champagne bottles are welcome, but will incur a $15 corkage fee each, irrespective of where they are intended to be consumed. Liquor, spirits or beers are not permitted. Please remember that luggage will be scanned and alcohol outside of our policy will be removed and discarded.*

Alcoholic beverages that are purchased duty free on board in the Shops of Princess, or at ports of call, will be collected for safekeeping and delivered to the guest's stateroom on the last day of the cruise.  A member of the ship's staff will be at the gangway to assist guests with the storage of their shoreside alcoholic purchases while the Shops of Princess staff will assist guests with shipboard alcoholic purchases.

Give the IT people a chance to do all the updates ... they've been very busy of late ironing out their login snafu and Medallion and website merge ... don't fret, it's coming!

On 5/25/2021 at 11:31 PM, CineGraphic said:

According to the terms below, you'll have to carry your soda on board.

A small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages (i.e., sparkling water, sodas, juice, milk) packaged in cans or cartons may be brought on board on embarkation day, only if carried on in Guests’ hand luggage (not in checked luggage). A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 sealed, unopened cans/cartons of 12 ounces each or less per person.

Sounds like the same policy Royal Caribbean has.

Ok, they seemed to have covered embarkation day, but what about any other port stop? Can I bring another 12 cans pp at any port stop?

In the before Covid times, I would bring a couple of 1.5 or 2 litre bottles of Diet Coke (Caffeine free, if found in ports) and at each port stop, if I found any more, I would grab one or two and haul them on board. I would also bring some smaller .5 liters bottles that I could fill and stash in the mini-fridge for consumption when I wanted it. 

12 hours ago, PaperSniper4 said:

I only wish I could do the same for scotch! Princess' Johnny Walker Red is about the worst scotch produced IMHO. At least with Carnival I can get Dewers 12 year, which is acceptable. I

Okay, complaint mode turned off.......😎

Doug

I believe I've read where you can try to buy a bottle of your prefered brand at one of the bars. Worth a try?

Has this policy been confirmed as in effect in 2021?  With Princess' commitment to eliminating single use plastic bottles by the end of 2021, maybe this policy has been worked up to be implemented at that time.

We have cases of water already purchased for our room for our 2021 cruises, but they are not available for ordering for our 2022 cruises, so I assume they are still working out the details for the water cartons before setting the price for them. 

Don

8 hours ago, drowelf said:

Ok, they seemed to have covered embarkation day, but what about any other port stop? Can I bring another 12 cans pp at any port stop?

In the before Covid times, I would bring a couple of 1.5 or 2 litre bottles of Diet Coke (Caffeine free, if found in ports) and at each port stop, if I found any more, I would grab one or two and haul them on board. I would also bring some smaller .5 liters bottles that I could fill and stash in the mini-fridge for consumption when I wanted it. 

The wording states " on embarkation day", therefore the assumption has to be, as with other lines, that you will not be allowed to bring any drinks back on board at port stops.

10 hours ago, SusieKIslandGirl said:

I believe I've read where you can try to buy a bottle of your prefered brand at one of the bars. Worth a try?

I suppose that is an possibility, yes, but the price would surely be awfully high. I'd guess a litre would be around $220-264, estimated at 22 per shots per litre. I don't know if that per drink price is correct, just a guess on my part. We usually do not use the bars onboard. OTOH, if I could bring a decent bottle of scotch onboard for say $60, then pay a $50 fee, I'd be in high cotton. <g> But I don't think that will happen for a variety of reasons, one is logistics for the embarkation staff; probably too many folks doing that.  I think at one time passengers had a much larger selection of liquors from which to choose for pre-cruise cabin delivery, but that's no longer the case....unless something has changed? Sure like to find out things have changed!😎

PS - like your screen name!

Doug

45 minutes ago, skynight said:

Probably a lot less expensive to purchase the plus fares.

"plus fares"? Is that like the beverage package? The problem with those packages is they exclude cabin deliver, which is where we prefer to have our evening drink.

Doug

1 hour ago, PaperSniper4 said:

"plus fares"? Is that like the beverage package? The problem with those packages is they exclude cabin deliver, which is where we prefer to have our evening drink.

Doug

I thought that with the Medallion,  you could have drinks delivered to you anywhere in the ship, including your cabin. Does that not apply to if you purchase the Princess Plus package? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PaperSniper4 said:

Doug

Yes, plus fares include the beverage package, wi-fi and grats. Yes, room service excluded. You can always pick up a drink on the way to your cabin.

6 minutes ago, wowzz said:

I thought that with the Medallion,  you could have drinks delivered to you anywhere in the ship, including your cabin. Does that not apply to if you purchase the Princess Plus package? 

Here are the terms for the beverage package and the information regarding Ocean Now medallion service. They do conflict. One of them needs to be corrected or amended.

Premier Beverage Package Terms

“Can NOT be used for Room Service or Mini-Bar items.

Medallion Information

OceanNow™: Skip the lines and order flavorful bites and refreshing drinks wherever you may be on board. Your OceanMedallion helps our staff find you so they can deliver drinks, snacks or other services directly to you — anytime, anywhere. You can even order on your stateroom TV or on the mini-portals located in public areas around the ship."

12 minutes ago, skynight said:

Here are the terms for the beverage package and the information regarding Ocean Now medallion service. They do conflict. One of them needs to be corrected or amended.

Medallion Information

OceanNow™: Skip the lines and order flavorful bites and refreshing drinks wherever you may be on board. Your OceanMedallion helps our staff find you so they can deliver drinks, snacks or other services directly to you — anytime, anywhere. You can even order on your stateroom TV or on the mini-portals located in public areas around the ship."

Could you argue that a glass of red wine from a bar, ordered via the Medallion,  to be delivered to your cabin, is not the same as ordering a room service item ?  

2 hours ago, wowzz said:

Could you argue that a glass of red wine from a bar, ordered via the Medallion,  to be delivered to your cabin, is not the same as ordering a room service item ?  

Yes, it is not from the room service menu. It is from the Ocean Now menu. Ocean Now items probably do not come from a specific bar, maybe the nearest bar or a few service bars. Still think this requires further clarification as far as the beverage package is concerned. 

55 minutes ago, skynight said:

Yes, it is not from the room service menu. It is from the Ocean Now menu. Ocean Now items probably do not come from a specific bar, maybe the nearest bar or a few service bars. Still think this requires further clarification as far as the beverage package is concerned. 

Thanks - I agree about clarification being needed.

I'm also guessing that there could be a 10 minute or so (at least!) delay between ordering the drink and it being delivered. So, I would need to order the second glass of wine the moment the first was delivered!

4 hours ago, skynight said:

Medallion Information

The idea of the Medallion service could be interpreted as when paying for each beverage.  I interpret it to mean that if one has the discounted drink package (15 per day, plus U/L non-alcohol), that they are not including delivery to cabins in that package.  It is like an exception case to the "deliver anywhere" Medallion app. 

Not saying, it is an agreeable policy, but I suppose you could meet the delivery at the elevator lobby as a work-around.

Another interesting situation, is that the Medallion delivery is supposed to follow you and find you anywhere.  Would they prevent delivery if you ordered while in the cabin, thinking ahead and intending the drink to show up at your lounger on deck when you get there? 

A Princess work-around is they could add a nominal service charge for the cabin delivery for folks on the PLUS package and that maintains the Medallion "anywhere/anytime" service.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, wowzz said:

At least on our last cruise in Nov 2019, you could order drinks and have them sent to the cabin; but they were not covered by the Beverage Package. However, our first drink order with the Medallion cruise (Crown Princess) was free, even if delivered to our cabin. We actually used the TV to order ours, although we had our Medallions, but we did not use our phones to order. Much easier on the TV IMO.

Weird thing: both my martini and my wife's G&T were garnished with olives! We send the waitress back to the bar for a slice of lime; one must do things properly, eh?😉Yes, she did collect an excellent tip for her effort.😎

Doug

Edited by PaperSniper4
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, skynight said:

Yes, plus fares include the beverage package, wi-fi and grats. Yes, room service excluded. You can always pick up a drink on the way to your cabin.

Yep, that's what we usually do when we have a beverage package: order a scotch, neat (no ice, etc), carry it to our cabin and pour into a flask we keep there for that purpose. Then later that evening we'll make our evening cocktails.

• Like 2

On 5/26/2021 at 3:16 PM, MsSoCalCruiser said:

I do not care for the tapwater. Princess sells me cases of water every single cruise and I have not been told that that is going to stop but I will ask.  

I just signed up for 2 cases of water for our November cruise and it was accepted and charged. I wonder what kind of containers it will be.

Tom

On 5/28/2021 at 10:34 AM, dog said:

Water is not being offered for cabin pre purchase for my next cruise. 

I just booked back to back cruises for November 2021 and was able to purchase water. I signed up for 2 cases and the sale went through perfectly. I just don't know what type of containers they will be.

On 5/27/2021 at 8:32 AM, t&atravel said:

Plastic water bottles will be going away by the end of this year.

https://www.princess.com/aboutus/environmental-responsibility/

Read it again. It says they will reduce OR eliminate by the end of the year (2021).  I spoke to my Princess person and was told that they are still selling bottled water.  Which I like to use so that’s a good thing for me.

• Like 1