The Daily for Saturday May 29, 2021

richwmn

42 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Roy, I am home now from my travels to St. Louis and am reading trying to catch up on our beloved Daily.  I read some last night before bed and today at the airport in St. Louis.  I want you to know I felt badly that my sister's surgery happened just before yours and took a turn for the worse.  Like I've said before, the complications always happen to her, and I just knew yours would go splendidly.  I was concerned you would be worried and was sorry it happened the way it did.  It gives me great pleasure that you are doing so well!  And when my DB gets his cath done I am praying his goes as well as yours did.  He requires a stent and I'm not sure if it is as complicated as the valve repair.  But I'm ready for some good news.

The flight to St. Louis was safe after all the prayers given here for a safe flight.  BUT, it wasn't the least bit uneventful.  St. Louis Sal hoped I had my umbrella Thursday when I arrived, but I didn't actually arrive during the storm.  10 or 15 minutes before our arrival there the airport officials closed the St. Louis airport due to 70 mph winds, heavy rains and tornado warnings.  So our pilot announced we would be circling a racetrack course south of St. Louis during the closure.  45 minutes later they announced to us we had used up our fuel reserves so we would head down to Memphis for a refueling.  Approximately 50 minutes after touchdown,  we were ready for takeoff, but then they announced instead of heading straight north to St. Louis we would fly near Indianapolis and then head west to St. Louis.  Good grief!  Instead of a 1:11 arrival we touched down at 4:30 pm.  So it was a very safe trip but a Loooonnnnngggg one.  I stood in line at the car rental agency and raced over to see my DS.  She had been moved from the hospital to a hospice on Wednesday night.  This place was beautiful.  The room was calming and beautiful.  The staff was outstanding and so sweet and gentle with her.  She can ask for anything and they will do their best to please her.  If she wanted grape juice and the kitchen didn't have it, they went to the grocery and bought some for her.  She can eat something when she is hungry and not on a rigid schedule.  I'm glad to say she is nibbling on their food and says the food is great.  

After seeing her, I realize that no matter what the rest of us want, her future is up to her and what God has planned for her.  I don't want her to go anywhere but if that is what happens, I will accept it.  We had a lovely visit for the past three days and I'm so glad I was able to go and spend the time with her.  We talked about our younger days and the things we did.  When I was a child I had a severe case of the measles and was kept in a dark room for 2 weeks.  She said Mom told us not to go in there but I used to sneak in and bring you things.  She was always my second Mother.  If anyone needs care, she will do it.  It was sad when I left her today.  I told her I will see you.  I don't know where or when, but I will see her again.

Thanks again to all my friends here.  Your words have helped me immensely.  Hugs for all of you.❤️

I will include you, your sister and all your loved ones in my prayers

• Like 5

🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴

@Horizon chaser 1957

To you Laura and your wonderful 

husband!

image.jpeg.8c58bc427d03f56cdd4a7b05bb0a14a1.jpeg
I also wanted to share a painting that I did over by our home where we walk down to the water at what is called Beacons.I did this last Christmas and was going to share it tomorrow, but I will do it 

tonight👍
image.jpeg.35aed574a79e498ceabfb7e883e65ecc.jpeg

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

@Horizon chaser 1957 Happy, Happy Anniversary!

@StLouisCruisers I'm glad  you are back safely.   The flight to get there sounds like a nightmare, but your description of the hospice and caregivers and visit brought me feelings of comfort and peace.  I'm sure you felt the same knowing how well cared for your sister is.  I'm sure it brings comfort and peace to your sister as well.   We all continue to hold  you close to our hearts.   No matter how well everything works, this is not an easy part of life.  

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

Dinner is unknown. It’s our anniversary today, and dine in is allowed as of Tuesday just past, so we are going out for dinner for the first time in months! 

Congratulations on your Anniversary.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

DGS has red wiggler worms and another kind of European worm, and they 'eat' all the things they compost except broccoli and onions.  He is 11, and very interested in gardening.  They were planting the garden today.  He did all the measurements to build a couple of new garden boxes, and built them with Dad's help. 

Today is a good day. All of our children and their spouses now have their first jabs.  And Ontario is moving up the dates for the second shots. 

@NextOneCondolences to you and your family.  May your memories keep your husband close in your heart.

• Like 8

17 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

I also wanted to share a painting that I did over by our home where we walk down to the water at what is called Beacons.I did this last Christmas and was going to share it tomorrow, but I will do it 

tonight👍

Thank you for sharing this photo of your painting.  

I can feel the movement of the ocean.

• Like 7

Thanks for all the daily information.

Seeing all the photos of English locations brings back many good memories of the years we lived there.  Someone mentioned driving on the narrow lanes, yes, backing to the nearest passing spot can be challenging.

Today we have steady rain and thick fog, definetly an indoor day.  Further north, very heavy rain and some flooding, fresh snow on the Southern Alps.

Take care everyone.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Roy, I am home now from my travels to St. Louis and am reading trying to catch up on our beloved Daily.  I read some last night before bed and today at the airport in St. Louis.  I want you to know I felt badly that my sister's surgery happened just before yours and took a turn for the worse.  Like I've said before, the complications always happen to her, and I just knew yours would go splendidly.  I was concerned you would be worried and was sorry it happened the way it did.  It gives me great pleasure that you are doing so well!  And when my DB gets his cath done I am praying his goes as well as yours did.  He requires a stent and I'm not sure if it is as complicated as the valve repair.  But I'm ready for some good news.

The flight to St. Louis was safe after all the prayers given here for a safe flight.  BUT, it wasn't the least bit uneventful.  St. Louis Sal hoped I had my umbrella Thursday when I arrived, but I didn't actually arrive during the storm.  10 or 15 minutes before our arrival there the airport officials closed the St. Louis airport due to 70 mph winds, heavy rains and tornado warnings.  So our pilot announced we would be circling a racetrack course south of St. Louis during the closure.  45 minutes later they announced to us we had used up our fuel reserves so we would head down to Memphis for a refueling.  Approximately 50 minutes after touchdown,  we were ready for takeoff, but then they announced instead of heading straight north to St. Louis we would fly near Indianapolis and then head west to St. Louis.  Good grief!  Instead of a 1:11 arrival we touched down at 4:30 pm.  So it was a very safe trip but a Loooonnnnngggg one.  I stood in line at the car rental agency and raced over to see my DS.  She had been moved from the hospital to a hospice on Wednesday night.  This place was beautiful.  The room was calming and beautiful.  The staff was outstanding and so sweet and gentle with her.  She can ask for anything and they will do their best to please her.  If she wanted grape juice and the kitchen didn't have it, they went to the grocery and bought some for her.  She can eat something when she is hungry and not on a rigid schedule.  I'm glad to say she is nibbling on their food and says the food is great.  

After seeing her, I realize that no matter what the rest of us want, her future is up to her and what God has planned for her.  I don't want her to go anywhere but if that is what happens, I will accept it.  We had a lovely visit for the past three days and I'm so glad I was able to go and spend the time with her.  We talked about our younger days and the things we did.  When I was a child I had a severe case of the measles and was kept in a dark room for 2 weeks.  She said Mom told us not to go in there but I used to sneak in and bring you things.  She was always my second Mother.  If anyone needs care, she will do it.  It was sad when I left her today.  I told her I will see you.  I don't know where or when, but I will see her again.

Thanks again to all my friends here.  Your words have helped me immensely.  Hugs for all of you.❤️

Oh my what’s journey in so many ways!  Sending prayers for peace and strength!

• Like 7

2 hours ago, TiogaCruiser said:

Just found this on the original:

It is in the vault as it is too fragile.

https://fashionhistory.fitnyc.edu/1840-queen-victorias-wedding-dress/

Gorgeous,  thanks for sharing!  The one I shared was a few years earlier.   There’s a book I am going to read about the Queen’s wedding dress and the lace makers.   

• Like 6

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Such a blessing you had time to spend with your sister.  You will see her again.  Prayer for you andy your family.

Late as always checking in.  Appreciate everyone’s comments, pictures and news.

Absolutely   beautiful here on the Oregon coast.  Usually a rainy Memorial Day weekend.     Stay well and safe .

• Like 10

9 hours ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴

@Horizon chaser 1957

To you Laura and your wonderful 

husband!

image.jpeg.8c58bc427d03f56cdd4a7b05bb0a14a1.jpeg

tonight👍

Denise love how amazing your use of color/shading is!

• Like 4

10 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Wow, what a trip you had!  Ugh 🤦‍♂️. But, it sounds like it was very worthwhile.  I am so glad to hear you had a good visit with your DS and found her hospice to be so good.  And, the fact that she was nibbling on her food is excellent.  Our prayers remain with her and you in this difficult time 🙏🏻 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, garlictown said:

@kb4683....we did a lot of Princess cruises in 2012..maybe on the same one with you?! 🚢By any chance, was the ship the "Crown" Princess? It was crazy for us that year...we took 2 cruises from Southampton, then went over to Belgium via the chunnel for a few weeks, then returned to Southampton for two more cruises ....the final one was the TA in Nov. 2012 taking us back to FL.

I printed out my cruise history but not the itineraries, lol! 🙃Actually, the voyages were varied with not many repeat ports which is unusual at times. We really became familiar with Southampton and shopped like locals. 😉

Katie

Katie—

Sorry, we were on Celebrity those cruises.  We always hit the Asda there 😉.

Kay