Talks mid June about restarting cruising

Graham Turner, CEO of Flight Centre said last night Travel would not get back to normal until 2024. Anyone hear that? Is quoted on Roll Call of Coral Princess 2022 WC, here on CC.

Edited by NSWP

14 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Graham Turner, CEO of Flight Centre said last night Travel would not get back to normal until 2024. Anyone hear that? Is quoted on Roll Call of Coral Princess 2022 WC, here on CC.

I heard a couple of eggheads say that they believe we are only halfway through the peak of the pandemic.

Also that we will be dealing with the virus for a long time.

10 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I heard a couple of eggheads say that they believe we are only halfway through the peak of the pandemic.

One of whom was Dr Ashley Bloomfield, the Director General of Health in NZ who said it this week if my memory is correct.

Leigh

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, possum52 said:

One of whom was Dr Ashley Bloomfield, the Director General of Health in NZ who said it this week if my memory is correct.

Leigh

He could be right, Leigh.  We just all hope not.  I just read a most interesting article in New York Times on The Disease Detective Joe DeRisi who invented a way to search for pathogens that scientists didn't even know to look for.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

I hadn't heard that but if he was referring to international travel right around the world he might be right. 

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

I'm not an egghead but my gut feeling agrees with that, and yes, this virus will become just like another flu, needing vaccinations every year.

But some travel will resume soon, domestic travel is already in full swing under new-normal conditions ie being prepared to deal with border closures. We have a travel bubble with NZ and hopefully more bubbles will extend our range of destinations. And if they can sort out the crewing the ships I see no reason why domestic cruising can't recommence under Covid restrictions. 

8 hours ago, NSWP said:

I saw that news clip. The Flight Centre CEO said that he thought travel booking levels would not be back to pre-COVID levels until June 2024.