Information from Oceania..

Jancruz

2 hours ago, the mice said:

Jan,  I had asked earlier upthread - any info on Nautica's NeXt upgrade?   Thank you!

Mice..They are not sure yet and will let me know as soon as they have made arrangements..

Sorry..its hard to get info now because everything is so uncertain..remember we dont even know if we are able to sail from Florida yet..

Jancruz1

4 hours ago, Jancruz said:

Mice..They are not sure yet and will let me know as soon as they have made arrangements..

Sorry..its hard to get info now because everything is so uncertain..remember we dont even know if we are able to sail from Florida yet..

Jancruz1

Thanks!   Will look forward to any updates and news you get.  

I have to say I am very excited to see the new menus - is there a plan to give us a sneak peak of them?

My new guilty pleasure in lockdown is perusing online menus and dreaming. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

We have fully paid and are expecting to be sailing on Nautica in October it would be nice if Oceania could actually inform it's clients when it is actually sailing again. And I presume or hope that this will happen soon.

1 hour ago, Kate-AHF said:

Here's what comes to my mind every time y'all start talking about booking air travel.  The second thing that comes to mind is that I stink (not my first word choice) at planning air travel.

C6kj3dFWkAA1664.jpg

Great picture   

ARDXXX you can’t be thinking about Nautica in October 2021 can you? Rebook in 2022 and say your prayers. We have a May 2022 from Singapore on here and I am VERY CONCERNED that trip may not sail or the itinerary will be drastically modified.

Good luck

• Like 1

I agree with @mauibabes - we are booked on Nautica in early March 2022 from Singapore-Tokyo and I am not optimistic,   Countries on the itinerary are not allowing tourists, have low vax rates, etc.  After all, sister ship Sirena is doing the Caribbean and isn't starting until January 22, 2022.

On 6/11/2021 at 8:15 AM, Kate-AHF said:

Here's what comes to my mind every time y'all start talking about booking air travel.  The second thing that comes to mind is that I stink (not my first word choice) at planning air travel.

C6kj3dFWkAA1664.jpg

Is that a photo of the War Rooms in Valletta?

11 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Thanks to the WACs – from the son of one!

🤔. I think I remember getting to go out with one once as a Lt. WAC officers rarely considered anyone below Captain and preferred Majors, that’s where the money was! 😂 I married a civilian about the same time I made Captain, so was never back “ in the game “ again for WACs. There were some WAC nurses that were definitely heartthrobs hanging out in O Club and BOQ! 

Memories, what memories!

A special Thanks to those that helped put me back together again! 🙏

Edited by pinotlover
  • Like 1

I must consider myself very lucky then, as my Dad was 'only' a Staff Sgt.  My mother was a baker in the WACs – and you know, 'the way to a man's heart is through his stomach.'  I grew up on a diet of the best desserts!  Homemade glazed donuts, creampuffs, every kind of pie.  Still have a sweet tooth :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

I must consider myself very lucky then, as my Dad was 'only' a Staff Sgt.  My mother was a baker in the WACs – and you know, 'the way to a man's heart is through his stomach.'  I grew up on a diet of the best desserts!  Homemade glazed donuts, creampuffs, every kind of pie.  Still have a sweet tooth :classic_biggrin:

Enlisted were very different, but completely off limits for officers. Anti- fraternization rules were strictly enforced then.

I did have some great bakers in my Mess Hall when I had it as an additional duty! You’re a lucky Man ! 🍷

• Like 1

hmmm.  we are booked on Marina april 2022  out of Rome and it shows everything "waitlisted"....will cruises that far out still be running at limited capacity?  what am I thinking??...we don't know what is on the horizon....all is just a guess at this point.

but i like to at least think about sailing again....

From what I’ve read on these boards, those cruises will sail at full capacity. Many O regulars have FCC they must use or lose. 
Maybe someone else will have more explicit info.

Enjoy your cruise!

1 hour ago, xeena said:

hmmm.  we are booked on Marina april 2022  out of Rome and it shows everything "waitlisted"....will cruises that far out still be running at limited capacity?  what am I thinking??...we don't know what is on the horizon....all is just a guess at this point.

but i like to at least think about sailing again....

I'm on that cruise and the cruise following it.  First one is waitlisted, second is not.  First one is part of a (b2b) Grand Voyage that starts in Miami. That's the reason it is full.  (I'm just guessing here)

6 minutes ago, KS&JW said:

I'm on that cruise and the cruise following it.  First one is waitlisted, second is not.  First one is part of a (b2b) Grand Voyage that starts in Miami. That's the reason it is full.  (I'm just guessing here)

If it is listed as  a GV  they may be holding back some cabins for  the GV bookings

Just guessing

We had chosen a South American cruise.  With too many issues there, we ditched it and moved to a Caribbean cruise.   Caribbean cruises have had an upswing in new bookings this month.  We think that Caribbean is a better bet in 2022.   If that is canceled, we’ll find a warm place to vacation in the US.   It is what it is.