Trouble booking excursions

RachelG

I have been trying to bookstore excursions for our Jan 6 cruise as well as our June 2022 cruise online.  It is so frustrating.  Takes forever to load, then a pick a couple of excursions and the site reboots and kicks out everything I have picked.  Tried on my office computer, my iPad and my iPhone.  Same everywhere.  Is any one else having this issue or is it just me?  I have never had this trouble before.

I do not use a computer, only an iPad, and it is sufficient for everything I do EXCEPT that the Regent site crashes, always, every time, whether I am signed in or not, to the point where I often just give up. No other site does this. When it was time to choose excursions in May, we knew not to even bother with the iPad. We used my husband’s Dell desktop, and it worked just fine. 

I feel your pain, and I’m a little surprised this problem hasn’t been reported more often by other users. Don’t know what the solution is. 

Rachel, I just booked excursions for two cruises and it was a slow and painful process.  I used my mac book and it worked at a snails pace with a banner appearing at the top of the window saying the page was unstable as it was using more than its fair share of memory.  Each click took about 10 seconds to load and you can’t rush it as that just screws up the page more. Bottom line, a 16 day cruise took 45 minutes to complete excursions and we had already made our choices so no need to spend time reading descriptions!  I’m no tech genius but it seems that Regent should make some effort to fix this chronic problem with the website.  

jennifer

• Like 1

I have heard many issues about this.  When I went to book excursions for my after the pandemic cruise, I did one or two excursions at a time, and checked out and after I got the email of the "purchase" I went back in and did another one.  Yes, it takes quite a bit of time, but better than losing everything multiple times.

• Like 3

It seems to me that the website has gotten slower and slower over the past several years.  I created a notebook (yes, hand written) to document the day, port, time of departure and code for the excursions I book online.  If I don't get a confirmation or the itinerary does not show my bookings, I call Regent and talk to an agent.  Having the booking code makes that call go quickly.  Unfortunately, it usually takes hours to book excursions whether they are booked at one sitting or with multiple logins to book 2 or 3 at a time.  I have mentioned this on multiple surveys both from the website and at post-cruise evaluations.

The problem booking excursions has been a problem since before the pandemic.  The easiest way we have found is to have your TA or Regent email a list of your shore excursion choices and their descriptions.  Pick the ones you want and call Regent.  An agent will book them all for you.  The process goes smoothly and the agent can answer any questions you may have.  Hope this helps.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mj_holiday said:

I have heard many issues about this.  When I went to book excursions for my after the pandemic cruise, I did one or two excursions at a time, and checked out and after I got the email of the "purchase" I went back in and did another one.  Yes, it takes quite a bit of time, but better than losing everything multiple times.

I considered that. Good idea.

Rachel you are not alone!  We just tried to book our excursions and experienced the same issues.  If I see “A problem repeatedly occurred “ again I’ll scream!  Luckily we are on a Transatlantic with 8 sea days. It is a painful process. 

• Like 2

My theory is that Regent are trying to give us the nostalgic feeling of the bygone era of cruising ............. no communication ........... or at best dial-up speeds!!  🤣  

No laughing matter, I know. The Regent website is so frustrating  😣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

They had over a year to fix their website issues given that they weren’t cruising but I guess it isn’t important to them. It is a shame, actually an embarrassment, that a class organization such as Regent puts up with such a poor customer interface. 

I had better luck booking excursions when I switched my browser from Safari to Goggle Chrome. Still slow, but I was able to complete the process and receive an email from Regent summarizing my selections. 

Cindy

• Like 1

19 hours ago, mj_holiday said:

I use this method too. I always start with my highest priority excursions and only do one or two at a time, wait for the confirmation email, then repeat. I also use Chrome on a desktop. Extremely slow and painful, but eventually they get done.

Worst problem I've had is clicking the wrong excursion and trying to get rid of it then booking the correct excursion.

Also agree that patience is key. You have to wait until the last click completes before trying anything else.

Rachel

This has gotten worse  not better, over the last few years. I would start at about 12:30 am and sometimes it took two o three hours to complete. 
I surrendered. Now, I dial Regent first thing in the morning and the whole process takes under 10 minutes. 
However, if there is a particular excursion you feel might fill up very quickly, just do that one yourself, but make sure you complete the whole process..

It’s good to be booking excursions again!

sheila

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bellaggio Cruisers said:

Rachel

This has gotten worse  not better, over the last few years. I would start at about 12:30 am and sometimes it took two o three hours to complete. 
I surrendered. Now, I dial Regent first thing in the morning and the whole process takes under 10 minutes. 
However, if there is a particular excursion you feel might fill up very quickly, just do that one yourself, but make sure you complete the whole process..

It’s good to be booking excursions again!

sheila

Agreed.  Happy to be booking excursions again.  I will call tomorrow to complete the rest, but I think it is slimy for me to waste their time and manpower with something I could easily do my self if the computer program would just work properly.

• Like 2

Even when things weren’t as busy as they are now (an assumption) Regent’s websites for booking tours was terrible. It has been and nothing has changed. Some have said that their servers couldn’t handle the load., so get bigger, faster servers. It is certainly a black eye on an otherwise excellent cruise line. 

• Like 1

Add me to the list that get continuously frustrated by booking excursions.  I am booking for a 94 night cruise and I figure it will take all day.  Agree that this has been an issue for years; and no one at Regent (or NCLH) seems to care.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SusieQft said:

I suspect it might be  little worse than usual right now because there are so many "new" bookings all at the same time.  Hopefully it will be better when the sudden surge is over. 

Don’t count on it! Phone in your excursions and relax….

Regent should be ashamed of how awful the booking proscess is online.

We knew from our world cruise in 2019 that its slow and painful.

Yesterday we spent over 6 hours booking our Grand Arctic Adventure excursions .   Six hours for 59 days of excursions !!!!!

We would book 2 or 3 days and then go to purchase to make sure we didn't lose what we already had done.

But we are thrilled to be done with that.   Now we just have to Pay for the Cruise...

Carolyn and Nick

It is a shame that major longstanding problems having to do with the internet, from the website functionality to onboard internet service, just don't seem to get fixed. 

Maybe Frank Del Rio's salary should be tied to internet functionality.  Bet the problems would be prioritized and taken care of in a hurry.  And maybe Regent could hold back a few million dollars of executive compensation and use that to pay some experts to fix the problems.  

• Like 3

I have not had problems signing up for the shore trips since I replaced my ten year old computer, but my major delay is reading about each shore trip and the time it takes for each description to pop up.  I wish they could provide access to a list with descriptions like the one you receive with your paperwork when you board the ship. I would much prefer to print the document and see what there is before trying to sign up.  My only problem with my current booking is that two ports still have no shore trips listed.