Will You cancel Your Upcoming Cruises if Royal Caribbean Doesn't Require Vaccinations

If Royal Caribbean Doesn't Require Vaccinations will you cancel your cruise?  

436 members have voted

1. 1. How Do You Feel About Royal Caribbean not requesting vaccinations

• We will cancel our upcoming cruise(s) if Royal Caribbean does not require vaccinations
    • We Don't have concerns with with Royal Caribbean not Requiring Vaccinations

16 minutes ago, M8VER3 said:

Sounds like you’re not a fan of children onboard?

That was an obvious response to "I would only cruise on cruiselines that require 100% vaccination.  If RCL changes the requirement (about requiring 100%), I won't cruise RCL.
Cruiselines have a choice, cruisers also have choices."

Thanks for playing though. 

1 minute ago, RoyalC said:

That was an obvious response to "I would only cruise on cruiselines that require 100% vaccination.  If RCL changes the requirement (about requiring 100%), I won't cruise RCL.
Cruiselines have a choice, cruisers also have choices."

Thanks for playing though. 

Would you enjoy your cruise with all the kids vaccinated?

I feel bad for the RC staff onboard the ships that will have to monitor and control the vaxxed vs. the unvaxxed vis-a-vis,  the different protocols between the groups. This being America,  I forsee the unvaxxed after 1 day forgoing masks, social distancing and everything else, especially when at the bars. Typically the anti-vaxxers are also the anti-maskers. They scream your violating their "rights" and it's all "fake" and no worse than the flu. They dare anyone to infringe on their God given rights while yelling `Merica!. I forsee many verbal altercations between vaxxed and unvaccinated people. Human dynamics of who we have become in this nation over the last year in this highly divided country will play out on these cruises. It's going to be a mess unfortunately. 

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, M8VER3 said:

Would you enjoy your cruise with all the kids vaccinated?

It would not matter to me tbh. But I do think you cannot have a standard for one (adult) and not the other. Kids attend schools and that is place to spread illness.

I'd enjoy a non-smoking cruise (let them smoke at the back like on Celebrity)

Edited by RoyalC

11 minutes ago, Blauelini said:

I feel bad for the RC staff onboard the ships that will have to monitor and control the vaxxed vs. the unvaxxed vis-a-vis,  the different protocols between the groups. This being America,  I forsee the unvaxxed after 1 day forgoing masks, social distancing and everything else, especially when at the bars. Typically the anti-vaxxers are also the anti-maskers. They scream your violating their "rights" and it's all "fake" and no worse than the flu. They dare anyone to infringe on their God given rights while yelling `Merica!. I forsee many verbal altercations between vaxxed and unvaccinated people. Human dynamics of who we have become in this nation over the last year in this highly divided country will play out on these cruises. It's going to be a mess unfortunately. 

My understanding, maybe incorrect, is that below 95% vaccinated will result in all cruisers having to follow the CDC protocol for unvaccinated. Is that true as of now?

16 minutes ago, Blauelini said:

Social media will be exploding with videos of angry cruise passengers  if cruise lines think they can enforce different rules for vaxxed/non-vaxxed.  

Ugh. Our family decided to realize FCC with RC is a sunk cost unless they extend it until CDC relaxes their restrictions of quarantining passengers and returning to port if cruises pass the 1.5% threshold. Not scared of covid anymore. Just don’t want to be stuck in my room

Edited by cindivan
  • Like 3

Just now, Etta1213 said:

My understanding, maybe incorrect, is that below 95% vaccinated will result in all cruisers having to follow the CDC protocol for unvaccinated. Is that true as of now?

As of now, yes.

Some of us expect this to change again in the next few weeks to provide more incentive for vaccines, such as vaccinated can go mask free on any cruise., But that is just wishful thinking for now.

12 minutes ago, RoyalC said:

It would not matter to me tbh. But I do think you cannot have a standard for one (adult) and not the other. Kids attend schools and that is place to spread illness.

I'd enjoy a non-smoking cruise (let them smoke at the back like on Celebrity)

I agree with you about smoking but that debate is for another topic. 

Responding to the question of personally cancelling cruises, no not cancelling mine.

I think one poll result was 85% wanted full vax cruises?

I am vaxxed so no sweat, but not vexxed that Royal have caved.

Remember they (sort of) visited the crossroads about 6 years ago, and they have sold their soul to become a ferry boat service - - - 'waterpark themed ships' to 'waterpark themed nearby islands'. 

This requires thousands of young folks who can not be vaccinated to fill those ships every three or four days.. and polit_i_c ___ well I won't go there....or there. 

Cheers!

25 minutes ago, Blauelini said:

. . . I forsee many verbal altercations between vaxxed and unvaccinated people. Human dynamics of who we have become in this nation over the last year in this highly divided country will play out on these cruises. It's going to be a mess unfortunately. 

Sad, but true.

10 minutes ago, alangee said:

Sad, but true.

Have not seen it so far but could see some of this on a cruise so I really do not think RCL will make it obvious between those vaccinated vs. those who are not.  In other words no masking, bracelets, etc. Could happen in summer months but they will move quickly toward uniformity.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RoyalC said:

Have not seen it so far but could see some of this on a cruise so I really do not think RCL will make it obvious between those vaccinated vs. those who are not.  In other words no masking, bracelets, etc. Could happen in summer months but they will move quickly toward uniformity.

Could go the other way. If Royal can't tell who is vaccinated and who isn't, everyone may need to mask and follow the other restrictions.

14 hours ago, Heymarco said:

I can tell you don’t look at a lot of data often. The hump peaked in about March and has been rapidly declining ever since. It’s about the same time global vaccines picked up. You can see similar trend in US, except it’s back to March 2020 levels. A couple more months and rest of world will be there too. Again, very positive trends, no spikes or major outbreaks on larger scale.

🙄. Just because the global average has currently peaked, does not mean that the number of cases in all countries has peaked.  It also does not mean that the global average is low, it only means it is less than it was.  You see the multiple peaks rising, then falling, more than once?  That’s because various factors can cause cases to spike again.  I have no idea why you state there are no spikes or major outbreaks on a larger scale.  You should pay attention to India, Southeast Asia (Malaysia, Cambodia, Thailand and Vietnam specifically), South Africa, Uganda, Namibia, Argentina, Columbia, Uruguay, Brazil, Chile, Afghanistan and Portugal — all have ongoing surges or recent marked increase in cases.  

How is the rest of the world going to get there soon?  If they don’t have robust vaccine programs, they aren’t.  And quite a few places in the world don’t have the resources to do it.  And while they are waiting for wealthier countries to help out, their people will continue to get sick, and the possibility of variants continues to be real.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 6/5/2021 at 8:09 PM, divincenzo said:

Who's to say Caribbean countries will even allow non-vaxed people disembark?  

My thoughts exactly! I don't think these island governments are going to allow a ship with a bunch of non vaccinated people walking around and possibly starting an outbreak!

• Like 4

10 hours ago, forgotmyCCname said:

Again- the majority of us who are vaccinated do not worry about contracting Covid. Our concern is having on- board restrictions such as mandated masking as well as the possibility of having our cruise cut short because the unvaccinated contract Covid at a percentage that requires return to port. 

Don’t book a cruise then, since it can always happen.  Weather Events, Noro Events, and other acts of God.

I still do not believe, that the world of March 2020 still exists.  Covid19 is not a new unknown disease that is going to cause a panic when the ship hits a port with sick passengers on board.  Since so called super spreader events happen all of the time according to TV news.  

It is fundamentally unfair that a single industry has been singled out and banished to bankruptcy.  That seems a heck of a lot more important than if you might have a cruise altered or shortened.  

But hey for something you seem to enjoy you don’t mind regulating it out of existence.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What are the rules for travelers coming from overseas to even get into US before they get to ship?  Don't the immigration rules already in place require testing or vaccines for foreign travelers?  If so, then the only non vaccinated passengers left to be concerned with are those from US correct?  If that is all were faced with I don't see it any worse than going to grocery store.  If I feel uncomfortable I'll put on a mask for a few moments.  They are the ones whom should be concerned.

• Like 1

We didn't even consider any kind of vaccination policy when we booked our two cruises.  I am no more concerned about C-19 onboard than I have been or am about any of kind of communicable disease.

The wife is vaccinated, I am not.  IF RCI should make it a requirement, then I shall.  If not, all the better!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jrapps said:

such as vaccinated can go mask free on any cruise

How would you show who was vaccinated and who wasn't? Given that keycards are not swiped in all locations, in most locations even?

12 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

How would you show who was vaccinated and who wasn't? Given that keycards are not swiped in all locations, in most locations even?

Stickers? Wristbands? 

They code the beverage packages, cabin class, C&A status now. Wouldn't be too much as "VX" somewhere to show vaxxed passengers.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

Colored bands are really the only way. RCL has been using their tracelet WOW bands for a while, nothing new. Easy for crew to see if you are following the rules

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 3kidsncats said:

🙄. Just because the global average has currently peaked, does not mean that the number of cases in all countries has peaked.  It also does not mean that the global average is low, it only means it is less than it was.  You see the multiple peaks rising, then falling, more than once?  That’s because various factors can cause cases to spike again.  I have no idea why you state there are no spikes or major outbreaks on a larger scale.  You should pay attention to India, Southeast Asia (Malaysia, Cambodia, Thailand and Vietnam specifically), South Africa, Uganda, Namibia, Argentina, Columbia, Uruguay, Brazil, Chile, Afghanistan and Portugal — all have ongoing surges or recent marked increase in cases.  

How is the rest of the world going to get there soon?  If they don’t have robust vaccine programs, they aren’t.  And quite a few places in the world don’t have the resources to do it.  And while they are waiting for wealthier countries to help out, their people will continue to get sick, and the possibility of variants continues to be real.  

It really is a waste of time with some folks. It’s like banging your head against a wall. When the pandemic does not go poof worldwide in a “couple of months” there will be a moving of the goalposts and you’ll be fighting the battle again.  🙄

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, jrapps said:

Colored bands are really the only way. RCL has been using their tracelet WOW bands for a while, nothing new. Easy for crew to see if you are following the rules

And exactly how many crew are they going to dedicate to looking for the right colored wristbands? Just completely unmanageable. Not going to happen. 

Edited by harkinmr
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, jrapps said:

But that won't show who is vaccinated and who isn't?

Just now, harkinmr said:

And exactly how many crew are they going to dedicate to looking for the right colored wristbands? Just completely unmanageable. Not going to happen. 

Well, yeah it can get out of control. But they will "police" things more in controlled areas. Like while trying to enter a theater or club. Not while just walking down the hall, they aren't going to turn each crew into the mask police.

I do't think it will really come to that. I think they are going to make "protocols" so harsh, non-vaccinated will just decide it isn't worth going. Not sure what those could be yet...if you were subjected to something like daily testing, would you go?