October onwards cruisers…

ToxM

6 minutes ago, silkworms said:

Looks like Xmas in Caribbean on Azura might just be on.

recommences 10 December and we are due to go on 11 December.

Fingers crossed yet again!

Just seen the video!!!

On Azura and Britannia in Dec/Feb respectively! 

Big sigh of relief

And just received cabin allocation for my Iona seacation! Score! 

57 minutes ago, silkworms said:

Just had email from P and O to say that October 9th 2021 on
Arcadia is cancelled.

We were due to be on that cruise so have also had the email. We were expecting it so are relieved that the decision has been made in good time. We shall ask for a refund as anything suitable for next year is not available.

3 minutes ago, SeaJane said:

We were due to be on that cruise so have also had the email. We were expecting it so are relieved that the decision has been made in good time. We shall ask for a refund as anything suitable for next year is not available.

We are supposed to be on Arcadia for September to Canada and as yet not got a cancellation for that !! What’s going on ?

14 minutes ago, molecrochip said:

A lot of hard work has gone in to getting the restart plan in place.

I cannot begin to imagine the logistical nightmare. I understand completely and the logical part of my brain was expecting it - hence starting this thread.

Having had a browse through everything on sale for the time period that the cruise was as well as just before and just after it looks like the refund (I had paid in full) will go towards paying the balances of some of next year’s adventures. 

We've just had our cruise over Christmas aboard Aurora cancelled which is gutting. 

We were expecting it to not go ahead in the original format, but did think we would be offered a replacement (more than likely around the UK) but no.

It just says some alternate itineraries will be released next week for those wanting some winter sun ... so I'm guessing down to the Canaries/Portugal/Spain, ie any destination wanting to reboot their tourist industry.

I guess we will just have to wait and see ...

Edited by castlebello
rubbish typing!

1 minute ago, castlebello said:

We've just had our cruise over Christmas aboard Aurora cancelled which is gutting. 

We were expecting it to not go ahead in the original format, but did think we would be offered a replacement (more than likely around the UK) but no.

It just says they will release some alternate itineraries will be released next week for those wanting some winter sun next week ... so I'm guessing down to the Canaries/Portugal/Spain, ie any destination wanting to reboot their tourist industry.

I guess we will just have to wait and see ...

Hello. I have  not posted for awhile, although still keeping  up with you all. Just had the unfortunate cancellation email re Aurora part world cruise for next March. Gutted  as this was booked on launch day. So that's every cruise from March 2020 transatlantic through to March 2022  cancelled. So sorry for everyone booked on Arcadia or Aurora for early  2022.

44 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

We are supposed to be on Arcadia for September to Canada and as yet not got a cancellation for that !! What’s going on ?

I've just received an email saying Aurora's September cruise to the USA & Canada has been cancelled, so I would think that cancellation of the Arcadia one would follow soon

2 minutes ago, LondonLad60 said:

I've just received an email saying Aurora's September cruise to the USA & Canada has been cancelled, so I would think that cancellation of the Arcadia one would follow soon

All Arcadia cruises are cancelled until 27th March 22.

• Thanks 1

Carnival PLC - P&O Cruises announces 2021 deployment

PR Newswire

London, June 22

P&O Cruises announces 2021 deployment and is "planning for the future with vigour"

MIAMI, June 22, 2021 -- P&O Cruises has announced its expected deployment and phased re-start plan for the remainder of 2021 and into early 2022.

Britannia will begin the planned western Mediterranean itineraries on September 25 and Iona will start her Atlantic coast holidays from the same date. These cruises will follow the series of UK coastal cruises beginning in June.

Ventura's first cruises will be the planned programme of Atlantic islands holidays from October 3.

Following the Mediterranean season, running until October, Britannia will reposition to the Caribbean for her winter season as scheduled, followed by Azura which will begin Caribbean fly/cruises slightly later than published from December 10, 2021.

P&O Cruises president Paul Ludlow said: "We are very much looking forward to getting Britannia and Iona back to sea for the series of UK coastal cruises - staycations at their best - which are certainly proving very popular and then beginning our international re-start as we phase in each of the other ships.

"As we know the UK Government has developed a traffic light system for holidays abroad this summer. The current situation means that whilst unfortunately there will be a number of cancellations of itineraries on some ships, we are looking ahead and planning for the future with vigour.

"We are confident that destinations will soon open up their borders both for UK travellers and also for cruise ships. Spain and its islands and the Caribbean are both looking very positive and we are seeing, one by one, countries publicly looking forward to welcoming us back."

The length and complexity of Arcadia and Aurora's planned long haul cruises from January next year has forced their cancellation and these two ships will not begin sailing until next year. However a replacement itinerary for Aurora, with winter sun appeal, will be announced shortly.

In addition, following ongoing guest feedback P&O Cruises has reviewed its vaccination policy. For all cruises departing from September 25 to December 31, 2021, all guests 18 years old and over will be required to have completed their vaccination course a minimum of 14 days prior to sailing. All guests 17 years old and below will need to have completed their vaccination course a minimum 14 days prior to sailing or will require a negative PCR test within 72 hours prior to travel.  All guests will also require a negative COVID-19 test at the terminal. The PCR and COVID-19 test at the terminal will be provided on a complimentary basis. This vaccination and testing policy will be reviewed on a regular basis as the global situation continues to evolve.

The vaccination policy for the UK coastal cruises until September 24 2021, remains that all guests travelling, of all ages, must have completed their vaccination course a minimum of seven days prior to sailing (or 14 days prior to sailing if an approved single dose vaccine).

All guests who have had their cruise cancelled will automatically receive a Future Cruise Credit worth 125% of the standard deposit terms, and 100% of any additional monies paid. This Future Cruise Credit can be redeemed against any new booking made by the end of December 2021, on any cruise on sale at the time of booking. Cruises currently on sale run through to April 2023.

Please see www.pocruises.com for full details and the latest updates

Note to editors - new cruise schedule for 2021/222

Iona - UK coastal cruises from August 7 to September 25 then sailing Atlantic coast beginning with G133 on September 25, 2021

Britannia - UK coastal cruises from June 27 to September 25 then sailing Western Mediterranean beginning with B122 on September 25, 2021

Ventura - Currently paused up to September 4 - two new cruises cancelled (N118 and N119) - then sailing Atlantic islands cruises from N120 October 3, 2021

Azura - Currently paused up to September 1 - cancelled A118A to A124A inclusive - then sailing Caribbean fly/cruises from A125 / A125A December 10, 2021

Aurora - Currently paused up to September 1 - 9 new cruises cancelled - then sailing R202 Central Med on April 13, 2022 (although replacement itinerary for early 2022 will be announced shortly)

Arcadia - Currently paused up to September 14 - 10 new cruises cancelled - then sailing J204 March 27, 2022

About P&O Cruises 

P&O Cruises is Britain's favourite cruise line, welcoming guests to experience holidays with a blend of discovery, choice, relaxation and exceptional service catered towards British tastes.  P&O Cruises fleet of premium ships combine genuine service, a sense of occasion and attention to detail. In May 2021, P&O Cruises launched Iona, its first Excel class ship. The new LNG-powered ship, with 5,200-guest capacity, is the largest ship built to serve the UK market. Iona features enhancements to already successful brand signature venues from the existing fleet, as well as features newly developed for Iona. P&O Cruises second LNG-powered Excel class ship and sister ship to Iona is named Arvia, meaning from the seashore, and will join the fleet in December 2022. Arvia is an innovative and future-focused ship and will offer outstanding, varied and contemporary holidays. Arvia has been designed to travel to the sun all year-round and to maximise views of the ocean and the seashore from everywhere on board. With over 200 destinations worldwide, P&O Cruises itineraries are carefully curated to inspire discovery, and are varied to suit newcomers and experienced guests alike. With a wide choice of holidays from two days to three months there is something for everyone. P&O Cruises sails to Australia & New Zealand, Baltic, the British Isles, Canada, the Spain, Portugal & the Canary Islands, the Caribbean, Central America, the Far East & Asia, the Indian Ocean, the Mediterranean, Scandinavia, South America, the South Pacific, the United States and Western Europe.

The company is part of Carnival Corporation & plc (NYSE/LSE: CCL; NYSE:CUK). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Oh well, that's now the eight cruise cancelled along with another being booted off a staycation due to overselling.

Refund requested, but might look at Aurora's new itineraries when they are released to see if anything appeals.

1 hour ago, Purdey16 said:

Just got my email now about Canada cruise cancelled which I knew was coming but P&O have just announced, and now with others been cancelled on Aurora in December I’m also anticipating my December cruise on Arcadia will be cancelled to Norway, just getting pretty peeved off with everything being bumped off Britannia too 😤

Not the best of Tuesday morning announcements 😕

I’m genuinely sorry for those who’ve lost cruises in this round of cancellations.

I wonder about the reasoning behind this … but that’s all - just wonder.  No way I could second-guess.

I hope it doesn’t point to the company anticipating yet another round of infection in the offing

45 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

All Arcadia cruises are cancelled until 27th March 22.

Aarrgghh, I’m really kicking myself now

I moved my Queen Victoria cruise that was to sail  on 1st October and the Arcadia cruise that was due to sail in January 2022. I did this last October, as I thought that either the cruises wouldn’t sail or the experience wouldn’t be what I wanted. I took early action, so I wouldn’t have to keep thinking about it.

Now both cruises have been cancelled in a timely way, and I could have got my (rather large) deposits back! 

Plus,  I’ve got to go through the whole thought process again for the rearranged cruises next May and August 🙄

4 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

I’m thinking the same about “shouda let it run & hope for cancellation” - but you can’t hope for cancellation can you, with all the general implications that carries?

It is a difficult one, we would all do things different in hindsight. There is no guarantee that this is the last announcement, as many of us have been thinking that for months. We are booked on Ventura 3rd Jan 22 for 35 nights and I am 50/50 whether that will go being a lengthy cruise. Lots of finger crossing me thinks.

Our October 9th cruise will now go ahead, but P&O are hoping that improvements in countries opening up for tourism and changes in the traffic light system will enable the planned itineraries to be fulfilled.

That seems a big ask, and unless P&O reduce their balance payment period, then I am inclined towards moving our deposit to something in 2023.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

I’m thinking the same about “shouda let it run & hope for cancellation” - but you can’t hope for cancellation can you, with all the general implications that carries?

In my case, my appetite for cruises is at an all time low, and I’d really rather like my money back. When I moved my cruises to 2022, I genuinely thought that there would be some sort of normality by then and my experience would be something like the experience that I had previously. I’m not so sure anymore - but to hope for more cancellations next year seems unthinkable, for many reasons. 

2 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Our October 9th cruise will now go ahead, but P&O are hoping that improvements in countries opening up for tourism and changes in the traffic light system will enable the planned itineraries to be fulfilled.

That seems a big ask, and unless P&O reduce their balance payment period, then I am inclined towards moving our deposit to something in 2023.

At this point, if my October cruise hadn’t  been cancelled, I’d almost certainly  move it. There’s too many risks about destinations, and the thought of all the hoops  to jump though to get on board seems quite daunting. 

Mrs Red Ray & myself are booked on the 25 September Iona departure, so we are pleasantly surprised at the announcement that it's due to go ahead. If - and I still think it's a big if - it does happen then I will gladly do a COVID test before departure. We are both double jabbed and I'm delighted that Pando are insisting on this for pax on the cruise.

• Like 2

Fourth cruise cancelled for us, Azura to Eastern Med 9th September. Disappointed but really I was expecting it. Our next cruise is 4th of December to the Caribbean. Hopeful that this will go ahead. I will transfer to next September on a similar itinerary. 

We are booked for the 10th Dec on Azura from Barbados so it is looking good so far.

Regarding the PCR test at the terminal I believe this takes a couple of days to process so are you then allowed on board  and presumed free of covid until the results arrive back?

8 minutes ago, Fossie13 said:

We are booked for the 10th Dec on Azura from Barbados so it is looking good so far.

Regarding the PCR test at the terminal I believe this takes a couple of days to process so are you then allowed on board  and presumed free of covid until the results arrive back?

I don't think it's a PCR test, it is a lateral flow test. Results very quick and you are not allowed on board if you do not pass, 

https://www.pocruises.com/cruise-with-confidence/our-assurance-to-you#vaccine-policy

Edited by Gettingwarmer
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Fossie13 said:

I suspect the terminal test will be a lateral flow. The PCR test is for under 17s and needs to be done before departure to get results. Sort of implies P&O will pick up the tab for that.

• Like 1