Odyssey Of The Seas - Chris Wong

I am enjoying following your adventures... by the way is that cabin a single or for two... I ask because the bed looks a bit narrow..but that could just be the way it comes across in the video... thanks

5 hours ago, Rewind said:

Someone else mentioned CruiseMapper.com - it's more specific to cruise ships.

Cruisemapper.com also picks up ships when they are out of range for MarineTraffic.com.  But Marine Traffic gives more background information like tracks, port stops, etc. 

On 6/19/2021 at 6:33 PM, SherriZ366 said:

Cruisemapper.com also picks up ships when they are out of range for MarineTraffic.com.  But Marine Traffic gives more background information like tracks, port stops, etc. 

Chris -- next time the Odyssey is anchored in the Bahamas, put Odyssey into MarineTraffic.com and it should show the ships that are anchored around you.  

40 minutes ago, SherriZ366 said:

Chris -- next time the Odyssey is anchored in the Bahamas, put Odyssey into MarineTraffic.com and it should show the ships that are anchored around you.  

Cruisemapper might be a better choice to eliminate all that other ship traffic and have more up to date info.

28 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Cruisemapper might be a better choice to eliminate all that other ship traffic and have more up to date info.

I do both and Cruisemapper is better on an individual ship.  However, in his video, Chris was trying to identify the ships that were anchored near Odyssey -- some were too far away to read the names so MarineTraffic.com is better for that task.  

11 minutes ago, SherriZ366 said:

-- some were too far away to read the names so MarineTraffic.com is better for that task.  

How so? AIS (which the free version of marinetraffic uses) does not provide full coverage around CocoCay (where most of the ships hang around) so a sat based system (like cruisemapper) would normally be better. 

1 minute ago, Biker19 said:

How so? AIS (which the free version of marinetraffic uses) does not provide full coverage around CocoCay (where most of the ships hang around) so a sat based system (like cruisemapper) would normally be better. 

Agree cruisemapper is better -- is there a way to show ships that are around the ship you are looking at?  

Actually I just pulled up Allure of the Seas (our next ship) on the free version of Marinetraffic.com and she is near Coco Cay.  A link pops up for "show ships" and it shows Oasis, Brilliance, Explorer (Chris was close enough to point EX out in his video) and Marainer along with Celebrity Reflection.  The information may be behind what you get on Cruisemapper but for identifying your neighbors when you are in the "pod" it is sufficient.  

On 6/7/2021 at 9:54 AM, ROYAL CARIBBEAN DUDE said:

I am happy to announce that I will be joining the brand new Odyssey Of The Seas this week.

I look forward for the opportunity to go back to work, and once again help create vacation memories for Royal Caribbean passengers (you guys)!

Watch out for my upcoming videos on YouTube.

Chris Wong

when is the test cruise??? when is the first passenger sailing 

1 hour ago, SherriZ366 said:

is there a way to show ships that are around the ship you are looking at?  

Find the ship you want and zoom in to the level of "around" you want:

image.thumb.png.3c009361732764366454f95de27974a8.png

One nice thing about cruismapper (vs marinetraffic) is its ability to filter by line (and the line color coding) - real easy to filter down to just RCG ships. You can sometimes spot things when you do that when other wise it may get buried in all the other traffic.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ljason913 said:

when is the test cruise??? when is the first passenger sailing 

Currently, the inaugural cruise for passengers is scheduled for July 31st.  No public announcement of a test cruise has been announced as of yet.

On 6/18/2021 at 7:30 PM, ONECRUISER said:

Maybe Millennium. On AOS an Ice Skater, she/they had Hotel St Maarten with stay same as here only couple Days, after they Quarantined 2 weeks on ship in Passenger Cabin

On 6/19/2021 at 9:22 AM, BND said:

.....There's also a ice skater named Jordan who is on AD.  She was vaccinated before she arrived, but they still quarantined her for a couple of days in a hotel and then 14 days in a guest balcony cabin.  They also do temp checks on the crew everyday.

On 6/19/2021 at 9:23 AM, BND said:

That's Jordan that I mentioned above.  She did a couple of days in a hotel and then moved to the ship for two weeks quarantine.

Just saying.

• Like 1

On 6/19/2021 at 9:23 AM, BND said:

That's Jordan that I mentioned above.  She did a couple of days in a hotel and then moved to the ship for two weeks quarantine.

Yes, have been watching her for couple Months now going threw the whole process

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Find the ship you want and zoom in to the level of "around" you want:

image.thumb.png.3c009361732764366454f95de27974a8.png

One nice thing about cruismapper (vs marinetraffic) is its ability to filter by line (and the line color coding) - real easy to filter down to just RCG ships. You can sometimes spot things when you do that when other wise it may get buried in all the other traffic.

I see -- thanks for the tip.  The map you posted looked like what Chris was seeing in his Day 4 video posted this morning -- minus Odyssey, which is docked in Ft. Lauderdale again. .  

14 hours ago, Heymarco said:

Who were the other bloggers posting right now? I seem to remember some fun ones but can’t remember their handles.

Getting a bit off topic...

Riley Tench - has slowed down a bit on cruise videos recently.

There is a newer channel of one of the ice skaters on Adventure:
https://www.youtube.com/c/JordanBauth97

7 minutes ago, Rewind said:

Getting a bit off topic...

Riley Tench - has slowed down a bit on cruise videos recently.

There is a newer channel of one of the ice skaters on Adventure:
https://www.youtube.com/c/JordanBauth97

Riley has taken a break from the Ships, apparently he felt not being able to leave the ship for the entire contract was a bit hard on his mental health.

45 minutes ago, mauraoel said:

Riley has taken a break from the Ships, apparently he felt not being able to leave the ship for the entire contract was a bit hard on his mental health.

I totally understand why Riley would do this. I hope he does back to work on a ship. I enjoyed his videos. I feel for Chris having to be quarantined in his room all this time. I think I would get a little crazy just being in one place. Thank goodness he has a balcony. Jordan Bauth's videos are delightful. She is an amazing figure skater and does a really good job on her videos.

• Like 1