Adventure of the Seas – The First Voyage

17 hours ago, Tigerman4LSU said:

Loving this.  Thank you for doing it. 

Couple of questions 

Could you post the breakfast menu from the main dining room?

Do you know if they are planning to serve some chilled fruit soups?

would I be able to bring a some pure maple syrup if it is still sealed?

Only if you share with others. 🥞 😁 🥂

11 hours ago, RoamingRetirees said:

Maybe because the crew give personal attention to newbies. I've seen them hold on and help them--close contact.

If crew and passengers are vaccinated I wonder why they are that concerned in giving lessons? I thought this cruise was all vaccinated or did I miss something?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Interesting note your 2nd pic down, the girl in the green dress looks like Jordan Bauth. She is a vlogger and ice skater in the show. She does a nice job vlogging her time on Adventure. Seems very nice and of course is a very professional ice skater. Here is her latest where I recognized the green outfit.

Yes. That is Jordan. During introductions at the end of the show, she got the loudest applause. Not sure it was because of her videos or if it was because she was the first US skater introduced. 

• Like 8

8 hours ago, rorito said:

Hi Bird,

When guests are walking the pier to board in Nassau is there a golf cart to shuttle folks that need assistance? Thank you for the amazing and super informative review! I can't wait until Saturday when it's my turn.

Yes. Just ask the port staff. 

• Like 2

If crew and passengers are vaccinated I wonder why they are that concerned in giving lessons? I thought this cruise was all vaccinated or did I miss something?

The cleaning, distancing, serving of food, fogging the halls at night is to prevent the spread of something called COVID-19. Two ships with similar vaccination and test requirements had positive cases onboard last week. Vaccines are effective to prevent you from becoming seriously ill when you catch COVID, not prevent it. Some vaccines are more effective than others (the crew got J&J). There is poor mask compliance by unvaccinated cruisers this week… (which is something Royal should police better.) The Bahamas has a very low vaccination rate and Nassau is still under a curfew to prevent the spread of COVID. Cozumel is in the Mexican “state” with the highest COVID rate in the entire country. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 18

15 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

The cleaning, distancing, serving of food, fogging the halls at night is to prevent the spread of something called COVID-19. Two ships with similar vaccination and test requirements had positive cases onboard last week. Vaccines are effective to prevent you from becoming seriously ill when you catch COVID, not prevent it. Some vaccines are more effective than others (the crew got J&J). There is poor mask compliance by unvaccinated cruisers this week… (which is something Royal should police better.) The Bahamas has a very low vaccination rate and Nassau is still under a curfew to prevent the spread of COVID. Cozumel is in the Mexican “state” with the highest COVID rate in the entire country. 

Thanks for the review, I been enjoying following along all week.

Last week we were on MSC Virtuosa in the UK which of course also has many Covid restrictions in place so it's interesting to compare. Am I correct in thinking that you were all allowed off in Cozumel to wander around on your own? If so that is a major difference to MSC who are only allowing port visits on an organised excursion to keep everyone in the cruise 'bubble'.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, kernow said:

Thanks for the review, I been enjoying following along all week.

Last week we were on MSC Virtuosa in the UK which of course also has many Covid restrictions in place so it's interesting to compare. Am I correct in thinking that you were all allowed off in Cozumel to wander around on your own? If so that is a major difference to MSC who are only allowing port visits on an organised excursion to keep everyone in the cruise 'bubble'.

We are just arriving in Cozumel at the moment. But, yes, we are allowed to wander and arrange private tours. 

• Like 8

32 minutes ago, death_star said:

My guess is the shopping ads and such are why you got them tonight. 

Actually, only the Compass was left in our stateroom.

The maps came from the port shopping lecture (but I assume that they will be handed out on the gangway). We went to the lecture to see if Royal was going to be “smart” and get a berth downtown at Punta Longosta. But alas, we are out at the “normal” international pier. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

There is poor mask compliance by unvaccinated cruisers this week… (which is something Royal should police better.) The Bahamas has a very low vaccination rate and Nassau is still under a curfew to prevent the spread of COVID. Cozumel is in the Mexican “state” with the highest COVID rate in the entire country. 

How can you tell which cruisers are vaccinated and which are not?

• Like 3

Regarding the flow rider i ask my friend who is an instructor on Adventure now. 
He just text me back. 

He said - Only advanced riders can do stand up surfing as they are less likely to interact and have contact with an instructor. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

The only unvaccinated passengers are children under 16. When you have kids running around and in elevators without masks, it is poor mask compliance. 

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

The only unvaccinated passengers are children under 16. When you have kids running around and in elevators without masks, it is poor mask compliance. 

It sounds like the parents should be spoken to. I am going to assume that they signed an agreement regarding masks for their children. 

• Like 6

Earlier someone asked about Caffeine-Free coke. Some bars have it and the freestyle machines have it.  Freestyle machines are still not self serve and get turned off when an attendant is not present. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, vegascruiser1 said:

It sounds like the parents should be spoken to. I am going to assume that they signed an agreement regarding masks for their children. 

In a few week, Royal hopes to run vaccine-optional cruises out of the US. I think that most unvaccinated adults will blow off mask requirements. Just an opinion. 

• Like 13

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

The non-vaccinated ones are the short ones running around the ship, hitting all the elevator buttons, and bothering their parents.

• Like 7
  • Haha 9

50 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

In a few week, Royal hopes to run vaccine-optional cruises out of the US. I think that most unvaccinated adults will blow off mask requirements. Just an opinion. 

This is my biggest problem with Royal's choice. I don't trust that they'll actually be able to keep the numbers to 5% unvaccinated and how they ensure those people wear masks. It will be interesting to see how the story develops.

• Like 3

On 6/13/2021 at 2:04 AM, mopedmom1 said:

Looking at the itinerary, I wonder what the reasoning is for two consecutive days on the private island? If I got to choose I would take one now and one at the end of the cruise, but I'm sure there is a good explanation for what is being offered. 

I wonder if the reason could be that RCI feels it is more advantageous for keeping the Coco Cay environment safe by not returning after visiting Cozumel?

• Like 5

• Administrators

@BirdTravels, thank you for the time and effort you are putting into this "Live from...".  You are sharing your precious cruising time to share with us and while the majority of us are appreciative, we're asking those members who are posting off topic to respect BirdTravel's efforts and your fellow community members who want to follow along without disruptions.

Laura

• Like 56
  • Thanks 7