Adventure of the Seas – The First Voyage

To the sounds of mariachi music, the Adventure is the first passenger ship to call in Cozumel in nearly 15 months. Almost every shop at the international pier is stocked and open. I am kinda thinking that with only 1000 passengers, many of those shops won’t make a single sale today.  But they are excited to be open once again. The proprietors are out there trying to get you to their cart or into their stores. 
B0FB3E32-255D-4374-A26A-87A363098576.thumb.jpeg.143ad5d7864c5c6bce1658da2625add1.jpegFBF21A94-84BA-4326-9F63-4C7919ED208E.thumb.jpeg.99dd4529c6810e4e4ba30f79bb88f42d.jpeg12C1EA7E-B50F-42F2-9D11-AA0DF2F464CA.thumb.jpeg.07d916058e65ef64591a70f200012491.jpeg

9350AE2E-D994-47DC-8266-C61BEE679C83.jpeg

B85497D6-EE7D-45AB-B6AE-A7584BF11A1D.jpeg

5B3743BE-8903-41FD-9C49-46A2F76AF2AA.jpeg

23689A43-1785-4D6D-B150-169A5B647B24.jpeg

7C2D0B61-1C2C-41DA-89C3-88BACDAF6267.jpeg

6E0A60FC-6204-4B91-B288-94124B5AD20F.jpeg

E03B48C3-52A4-4CF4-B1CA-7BAE2884C406.jpeg

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Is it raining there now?

There is a Bubba Gumps there now?

It has been raining off and on all day. The Forest Gump chair was just something interesting to photograph. The Buba Gumps has not reopened. 

• Like 2

ShoreEx

The meeting point is the theater. On entry, you get a colored dot for your tour. And you are asked to sit in the theater in the section matching you tour color. 

This minimizes people crossing in front of each other when tours are called. One section at a time stands and leaves. 

You exit the theater through the main entrance on deck 3. You are taken in groups down the I95 to the gangway. 

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

Wow. The ship looks dead. Eery. Does it feel that way too?

Most comment that with reduced passengers, it has been the best cruise in their lives. 

Once upon a time, you used to grade service by the crew to passenger ratio. On a luxury ocean liner (vs cruise ship) like the QE II, ratios down near 1 to 1 use to mean luxury superior service. That’s how this cruise feels. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 17

"Mandatory Health Insurance All travelers are required to choose mandatory COVID-19 health insurance when applying for their Travel Health Visa. The insurance covers travelers for the duration of their stay in The Bahamas."

Yikes! Do you have to purchase it from them? Or do you have to get your own and show proof of insurance? 

What did you do Bird T?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CruiszBug said:

"Mandatory Health Insurance All travelers are required to choose mandatory COVID-19 health insurance when applying for their Travel Health Visa. The insurance covers travelers for the duration of their stay in The Bahamas."

Yikes! Do you have to purchase it from them? Or do you have to get your own and show proof of insurance? 

What did you do Bird T?

When you pay for your Bahamas Health Visa (required to enter the country), it includes the mandatory insurance. 

The Health Visa has vaccination or PCR test requirements based on your age. 

The Health Visa requires you to upload copies of test and or vaccinations and your passport. For unvaccinated people, it requires you to log in and report your health status daily and retest after 5 days from arrival. Royal has agreements for the retest and have allowed free access to the visa site to logon and report your health status. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

When you pay for your Bahamas Health Visa (required to enter the country), it includes the mandatory insurance. 

Thank you! I now see that the Health Visa is $60 for 4 days, and $60 for 8 days. With the insurance are we talking $100 per person?

4 minutes ago, CruiszBug said:

Thank you! I now see that the Health Visa is $60 for 4 days, and $60 for 8 days. With the insurance are we talking $100 per person?

The cost of the Visa includes insurance. In our case, we arrived a day early so we paid  for Friday - Saturday. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 3

Hey Bird Travels:

So I was not surprised that you would be on one of the early ships going out.  AS a season cruiser, I know most of us can trust your advice and enjoy your story.

I would like to know by now if you think it was worth it given all the various limitations like families of 4 having to split up in the theatre or NO buffet at night and also having to take covid tests as well to return home?  Did you take this cruise for the uniqueness of it and would you now wait a while for another one?  

I am sailing out of Seattle just to Alaska and we are not required to take any test just show proof of vaccine which I have done.

So my question is dealing to Bahamas and Mexico of concern for you and others since they are outside the USA?  And also the kids not wearing masks.  I mean how rude of the parents right????

Tell us the one thing you really liked about this cruise and one thing you were annoyed with and surprised. Iin particular because of the pandemic I mean and not normal sailing.  Must have been cool to meet one of the former captains now at corporate.  Wonder if each ship will get a greeter from corporate for its new startup

SAFE journey back home.   I think a lot of us would for now try to sail out of USA port when we can.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

ShoreEx

The meeting point is the theater. On entry, you get a colored dot for your tour. And you are asked to sit in the theater in the section matching you tour color. 

This minimizes people crossing in front of each other when tours are called. One section at a time stands and leaves. 

You exit the theater through the main entrance on deck 3. You are taken in groups down the I95 to the gangway. 

That seems fairly typical of a regular excursion except for walk down I95

6 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Doesn't matter much if some of the crew went off the ship onto Coco Cay........they are going to be with the same people that went into Cozumel and ran all over the island without masks.

Eventually it will get back to Coco Cay when the cruise ship returns there next week.

Proceeding sailings may have a greater chance of coming down with Covid then the original sailing just because of the stop in Cozumel.

There is a mask mandate in place in Cozumel.

Unfortunately many tourists don’t seem to be aware,  don’t  have the manners to follow the laws of the country they visit, or then again just don’t feel the rules apply to them.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

It has been raining off and on all day. The Forest Gump chair was just something interesting to photograph. The Buba Gumps has not reopened. 

Hooters and snr Frogs have all been closed too. Lots of smaller local bars open. Many businesses have closed permanently. Downtown similar to the original photos of Nassau.

Mega is only allowing one person per family in to shop.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/14/2021 at 3:01 PM, karena1 said:

I don't think so, correct me if I am wrong, but I think you can use the app without having WIFI

I believe that their is guest wifi for the app only. Different from the package you pay for.