Specialty Dining Prices

dfish

2 hours ago, Tampa Girl said:

but we found that we simply could not eat that much food; and we left too much behind.  (Is this part of the aging process???)

YES!  Unfortunately.  At least for me.

Oh, I could stuff myself.  Then, spend the rest of the evening in misery.

One learns to order the courses that one can consume.  And, even then, maybe only a few bites of a course might be a wiser thing to than consuming the entire dish.  

2 hours ago, Tampa Girl said:

It is very good, but we found that we simply could not eat that much food; and we left too much behind.  (Is this part of the aging process???)

It really is very filling because there is so much protein involved.  I order very carefully.  DH is made of stronger stuff, so he is more up to the task.   The French flair to the menu is very nice, though.  I miss the old days when there was more emphasis on French cuisine.  

Question :

So for the 4 and 5 star mariners would the Pinnacle be  50% of $ 39.00 =  $ 19.50 

Plus the 18 % on the regular price  of $ 39.00 service charge                    =        7.00 

Total per person.         $ 26.50 instead of $ 46.00 what 1 to 3 star mariners pay pp

The same principle as what they have been doing with us buying the wine packages  ? 

Edited by sailingdutchy

20 minutes ago, sailingdutchy said:

Question :

So for the 4 and 5 star mariners would the Pinnacle be  50% of $ 39.00 =  $ 19.50 

Plus the 18 % on the regular price  of $ 39.00 service charge                    =        7.00 

Total per person.         $ 26.50 instead of $ 46.00 what 1 to 3 star mariners pay pp

The same principle as what they have been doing with us buying the wine packages  ? 

Correct

2 hours ago, mysticsailor said:

Really, I thought both first two guest in stateroom received benefits of highest star rating. On the Pri

sendam in 2019 my sister (2 star) received free laundry also.  l already promised her two compted P. dinners. Gosh, I better not be so fast sharing assumptions.

You're correct.  As long as your sister is staying in your stateroom you'll both be considered to be 5-star for that cruise.  If she's in her own stateroom, then no - she'd be at her actual star level.

Sue/WDW1972

49 minutes ago, sailingdutchy said:

Question :

I assume this is correct, the wine package is a good comparison.

1 hour ago, sailingdutchy said:

Question :

3 star Mariners get 25% off. Unless something changed.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TiogaCruiser said:

3 star Mariners get 25% off. Unless something changed.

Yes  I believe you are right , I forgot to mention that . If my math is correct they will now pay $ 36.25 pp 

Edited by sailingdutchy

6 hours ago, sailingdutchy said:

Yes  I believe you are right , I forgot to mention that . If my math is correct they will now pay $ 36.25 pp 

Tony, since you apparently are good at math 😉, what does this do for the Tamarind price with the Mariners discount?

14 hours ago, mysticsailor said:

Really, I thought both first two guest in stateroom received benefits of highest star rating. On the Pri

sendam in 2019 my sister (2 star) received free laundry also.  l already promised her two compted P. dinners. Gosh, I better not be so fast sharing assumptions.

Oops - I stand corrected - you bought should get the 5 Star benefits.  I have never experienced this first hand though as we both are at the same level anyway.

4 hours ago, Alphen said:

Tony, since you apparently are good at math 😉, what does this do for the Tamarind price with the Mariners discount?

Hi Jeroen ,  If the Tamarind is indeed $ 34.20 the Base price would be $ 29.00  so for a 4 or 5 star mariner  the price would be $ 14.50 plus 5.20 serv  = $ 19.70  

For a 3 star mariner it would be  $ 21.75 plus $ 5.20  =  $ 26.95 

Edited by sailingdutchy
My spelling of coarse
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, DaveOKC said:

Oops - I stand corrected - you bought should get the 5 Star benefits.  I have never experienced this first hand though as we both are at the same level anyway.

Absolutely correct.  They will both get the 5* benefits.  I have experienced it as DH was a number of days behind me so I was 5* when he was 4 originally and he received all the benefits.

14 hours ago, sailingdutchy said:

Hi Jeroen ,  If the Tamarind is indeed $ 34.20 the Base price would be $ 29.00  so for a 4 or 5 star mariner  the price would be $ 14.50 plus 5.20 serv  = $ 19.70  

For a 3 star mariner it would be  $ 21.75 plus $ 5.20  =  $ 26.95 

Thanks Tony, a substantial raise in the price of Tamarind, but worth it still!

• Like 2

On 6/16/2021 at 9:12 AM, KirkNC said:

I do have to wonder if they are in danger of pricing themselves out of the market.  Our experience in Pinnacle is always hit or miss.  Sometimes the meal is great, sometimes not so much.  We have actually had more consistent food in Canaletto (except for the raw chicken parmigiana on the Maasdam).  We get two for free and we will certainly do those but not sure about paying $50 for the two of us and three stars and below it would be $100 a couple.

We’ve found this to be the case as well,  much prefer lunch.

• Like 1

So $36 for the Pinnacle for us 3 stars. I'll take it. Haven't had a bad meal there yet. Usually can't finish it all tbh. This is a heck of a lot cheaper for a full meal than other cruiselines in their premier steak joint. 

Edited by fatcat04