Special Occasions Question

We are fairly new cruisers (only one as of the time of this post) and have never been on Princess before. I have booked a 2023 Hawaiian cruise for my wife and I, and while the actual cruise dates fall on my birthday it will also be our 30th anniversary a few months after the cruise. So this has me wondering.... since the unofficial reason for the cruise is to celebrate a major milestone together, would it be wrong to list that as a celebration in the booking also?

No you are free to celebrate any event.  We are long time Princess cruisers.  My DH loves to celebrate his birthday, we do so on any cruise we go on, no mater what month we go.  It is fun to celeberate.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, casofilia said:

I would think that you would only get any "Perks" if the actual date of the celebration falls on the cruise itself.

Cruises we have been on only recognize a birthday or wedding anniversary on the actual day.

I would like to go on our actual anniversary instead of my birthday, but as of now they don't have it listed going to Hawaii. Even if we don't get any perks for it, just knowing we were able to tick something off of our bucket list will be enough for us.... In our hearts we know it is a celebration of past (and future) spent together.

• Like 1

Our wedding anniversary is June 3 but we celebrate it every year with a fall trans Atlantic cruise. They always give us the anniversary plaque on our door, cake, & I get a piece of jewelry, usually an Effy necklace. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 1965 said:

Our wedding anniversary is June 3 but we celebrate it every year with a fall trans Atlantic cruise. They always give us the anniversary plaque on our door, cake, & I get a piece of jewelry, usually an Effy necklace. 

There is an “other” option in the Celebration drop down. 

3 hours ago, Cruisin' Firerunner said:

since the unofficial reason for the cruise is to celebrate a major milestone together, would it be wrong to list that as a celebration in the booking also?

Not wrong at all.

Just select in the Personalizer which day you want to celebrate.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Cruisin' Firerunner said:

We are fairly new cruisers (only one as of the time of this post) and have never been on Princess before. I have booked a 2023 Hawaiian cruise for my wife and I, and while the actual cruise dates fall on my birthday it will also be our 30th anniversary a few months after the cruise. So this has me wondering.... since the unofficial reason for the cruise is to celebrate a major milestone together, would it be wrong to list that as a celebration in the booking also?

Nothing wrong with listing your 30th anniversary as a celebration.  It is the reason for the cruise.  My wife and I will celebrate our 50th in December and we're taking a Nov 5th transatlantic cruise as a celebration.  We listed it on the booking..............Do it and enjoy your cruise!!

• Like 1

Unlike your birthday, they do not have the date of your wedding. Feel free to tell them the cruise is for your wedding anniversary.

We were actually on the Star Princess on a Baltic cruise for our 30th anniversary. There were balloons on the door. And DW appreciated the rose I bought for her that was delivered to out cabin. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

But not from Princess just in case a newbie thinks otherwise.  😉

It's from Princess. I get a note in our cabin to go to Effy to get an anniversary gift from Princess. It has always been a necklace. Not one of their expensive ones, of course. I think I now have 5 of the same necklace. 

2 hours ago, 1965 said:

It's from Princess. I get a note in our cabin to go to Effy to get an anniversary gift from Princess. It has always been a necklace. Not one of their expensive ones, of course. I think I now have 5 of the same necklace. 

1 hour ago, 1965 said:

Some of my anniversary necklaces from Princess. Not at all fancy but I think very sweet. ❤

I had no idea.  Always something new to learn.

You can celebrate any event you want, whenever you want.  As others have said, just add it onto the personalizer.  You may get decorations on your door and a card to take to the MDR and they will give you a small cake and oftentimes, even sing to you.  

I had a milestone bday cruise canceled last year and my travel rep added it to this cruise, after all, I am still going to celebrate even though it is months and months beyond the big day.  They don't care when the actual date is so please don't worry about it.  Celebrate to your heart's content for whichever event(s) you choose.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Cruise Raider said:

You can celebrate any event you want, whenever you want.  As others have said, just add it onto the personalizer.  You may get decorations on your door and a card to take to the MDR and they will give you a small cake and oftentimes, even sing to you.  

I had a milestone bday cruise canceled last year and my travel rep added it to this cruise, after all, I am still going to celebrate even though it is months and months beyond the big day.  They don't care when the actual date is so please don't worry about it.  Celebrate to your heart's content for whichever event(s) you choose.  

It's not as if the small birthday cake costs them very much.🤣

7 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

You are right on the money on that one!  They are good but so are the other desserts.  It's more about the candle and the singing than anything else.  

I must say, though, I've never ever heard about the free necklace before.  I wouldn't ever wear it so it doesn't make any difference to me.  

1 hour ago, franktown said:

Since they changed the personalizer to the Medallion I do not see anywhere to add a special occasion.

1. Sign in to MC App.
  2. Tap on OceanReady "Travel Checklist"
  3. Tap on Personal Information & Documents.
  4. The 9th and final item in the list is "Celebrations".
  5. Tap on that and away you go.
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

Our experience Feb 2020 on the Emerald:  the cake was unlike anything we'd gotten before ... and not in a good way.

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:
  1. Sign in to MC App.
  2. Tap on OceanReady "Travel Checklist"
  3. Tap on Personal Information & Documents.
  4. The 9th and final item in the list is "Celebrations".
  5. Tap on that and away you go.

Thanks.  Don't know how I missed it.

• Like 1