Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

12 minutes ago, GottaLuvCruising said:

WHY won't Princess just let us do the online check-in?  I really hate trying to deal with these stupid apps.  

If I just show up at the pier, will they just accept my documents and let me board?  

Answer is still yes.

• Thanks 1

In the Medallion App.......

What are "shoreside transactions"?

We booked the enclave couples pass online (pre cruise).  Should it show up in "shoreside transactions"?  When I go there in the app it tells me "no transactions found, you don't have any transactions".

We board in 36 days and we bought the enclave pass a couple of weeks ago.

So it took a few days of uninstalling/reinstalling the app but now my new booking shows up correctly and I went through and set up all the things I could... course I'm stuck on security photo now. It already has one (the one I had set up previously) but it says it doesn't have one and it errors out when I try to upload a new one. Only on my photo - spouse's photo is OK apparently. Hoping that will clear up giving a couple more days cause it's the last thing I need to get into green again.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, westcliffo said:
Hi:

What do you do if you only have a desktop computer and do not have access to a  MedallionClass  device?

Thank you.

Either wait for the Princess.com update with new Cruise Personalizer if you have time, or show up at the port with all your paper documents.  Another option if you can get access to MC App through someone else you know just to register.  If it were me and I only had the second option - I'd contact Princess and let them know why I won't be checked-in so they know.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Grammyluvs said:

I saw on one of these Medallion  topics where you could request a certain type of pillow. I cannot find it and I have asthma and do not want feather pillows! Where can I request the allergen free pillows. Thanks 

so much

IIRC, it shows in MC App after you are on board.

56 minutes ago, FlaMariner said:

In the Medallion App.......

What are "shoreside transactions"?

We booked the enclave couples pass online (pre cruise).  Should it show up in "shoreside transactions"?  When I go there in the app it tells me "no transactions found, you don't have any transactions".

We board in 36 days and we bought the enclave pass a couple of weeks ago.

Princess has collaborated with selected on-shore vendors at some ports and you can pay in the store using Medallion.  As such, the store charge goes to your associated credit card and you earn some OBC as a rebate/discount.

I just got off Regal, and it's not true that you can access the Medallion Class options through your cabin TV set.  I tried to do several things like checking my folio and booking dinners and the TV said to use the Medallion App on your device.  So, it's not as user friendly for those of us who might not have a tablet or smart phone.

NO , well, not any that matter, problems with the app ...  last cruise fell off, signed in using name, password ... new cruise showed up ... data rolled over ... first three checkmarks all GREEN ...

done until after final payment in September or so - "may" check then

• Like 1

Someone did mention earlier that Chromebooks will run the Medallion app. They are pretty inexpensive starting at a couple hundred dollars. Might be an option for anyone who would rather use a traditional computer with a physical keyboard and bigger screen rather than a tablet or smartphone. I gave away my last Chromebook or I'd try it out myself.

1 hour ago, FlaMariner said:

We booked the enclave couples pass online (pre cruise)

I need help finding where to do this. Would like to book for my summer cruise and I'm already getting frustrated with my reassigned PVP (yes @rabin1about to reach out to yours. I just like the 'loop' to be closed and despite 2 of 3 issues covered, 1 her answer disagrees with @Steelers36 answer and I trust him more. He says I can buy wifi for 50% off / she says buy on MC app / yeah app s****)

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Ombud said:

I need help finding where to do this. Would like to book for my summer cruise and I'm already getting frustrated with my reassigned PVP (yes @rabin1about to reach out to yours. I just like the 'loop' to be closed and despite 2 of 3 issues covered, 1 her answer disagrees with @Steelers36 answer and I trust him more. He says I can buy wifi for 50% off / she says buy on MC app / yeah app s****)

Not sure if there is a question here, but Elite and Platinum get 50% off any MedallionNet purchase.  If on-board, you are charged the net cost.  If pre-cruise, not only is it less expensive, but I have read that a Princess rep can use your membership level to effect the discount in advance and only bill you the net cost.  The MC App will eventually be updated to do the same (so no more OBC for 50% rebate).

3 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Not sure if there is a question here, but Elite and Platinum get 50% off any MedallionNet purchase.  If on-board, you are charged the net cost.  If pre-cruise, not only is it less expensive, but I have read that a Princess rep can use your membership level to effect the discount in advance and only bill you the net cost.  The MC App will eventually be updated to do the same (so no more OBC for 50% rebate).

That's the part I was trying to explain to her. I paid the full $9.95 on the last 2 cruises & got 50% back immediately onboard. But I have so much OBC on my next 3 cruises that I'd rather not pay out & wait for the Bottomline Technologies check (2-3 months after disembarkation)

She wanted me to upgrade to Best Price, I'm sticking with Best Value as I will use up extra OBC as additional gratuities 

2 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Princess has collaborated with selected on-shore vendors at some ports and you can pay in the store using Medallion.  As such, the store charge goes to your associated credit card and you earn some OBC as a rebate/discount.

Gotcha Steeler.....thanks again....never would have guessed that!

Do you know where on the Medallion App I would see my pre-cruise purchase? (That way I can avoid printing a receipt and I would finally find something of value with this app)

Just now, FlaMariner said:

Do you know where on the Medallion App I would see my pre-cruise purchase? (That way I can avoid printing a receipt and I would finally find something of value with this app)

Cannot say if nor where that happens.  I know what I know from reading about the feature and another poster or two who used the feature on a cruise.  At this point, I have not "opened up" my CC to allow for shoreside purchases.  I wouldn't be looking to seek out a vendor for the discount if it wasn't already a vendor I was interested in.

9 minutes ago, FlaMariner said:

Are you referring to pre purchases on the cruise personalizer, such as coffee package, water, spa etc?  You’ll see those on the bottom of your Travel Summary.

Yes.  We bought the enclave pass on the princess website.  I've got the receipt for that but was hoping to view it on this medallion app so I could flash that if a question once onboard (vs bringing paper copy).

51 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

You’ll see those on the bottom of your Travel Summary.

Sorry, but where is my "travel summary"?...I'm looking at all the categories on the Medallion App and do not see "travel summary". 

59 minutes ago, FlaMariner said:

I misread your question.  You can see pre-cruise purchases in Cruise Personalizer under On Board Services.  Also in Travel Summary as @PacnGoNow mentioned.

55 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Cannot say if nor where that happens.  I know what I know from reading about the feature and another poster or two who used the feature on a cruise.  At this point, I have not "opened up" my CC to allow for shoreside purchases.  I wouldn't be looking to seek out a vendor for the discount if it wasn't already a vendor I was interested in.

13 minutes ago, FlaMariner said:

Yes.  We bought the enclave pass on the princess website.  I've got the receipt for that but was hoping to view it on this medallion app so I could flash that if a question once onboard (vs bringing paper copy).

Sorry, but where is my "travel summary"?...I'm looking at all the categories on the Medallion App and do not see "travel summary". 

Just go to your booking where you would print your luggage tags at the top it says

Travel summary and luggage tags.

or, you’ll see print travel summary.

You can see it also when you click

check in…. 
I always print my travel summary when I print my luggage tags. 

4 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Just go to your booking where you would print your luggage tags at the top it says

Travel summary and luggage tags.

or, you’ll see print travel summary.

You can see it also when you click

check in…. 
I always print my travel summary when I print my luggage tags. 

Gotcha...so that's all on the website, right?

Right now, when I go there and log in I get just spinning....and when I try to go in the "manual" way and enter my booking number and DOB, I get "server not available". (all my other websites I am on work fine)

(I'll go find some patience later and try again..I may not be the target customer for Princess...I continue to not have the smarts to follow pre-boarding info....wonder how lost I will be once onboard...we shall see LOL)

3 minutes ago, FlaMariner said:

Right now, when I go there and log in I get just spinning....and when I try to go in the "manual" way and enter my booking number and DOB, I get "server not available". (all my other websites I am on work fine)

(I'll go find some patience later and try again..I may not be the target customer for Princess...I continue to not have the smarts to follow pre-boarding info....wonder how lost I will be once onboard...we shall see LOL)

Yes, the website.  Seems they are having technical issues this afternoon.  Try a little later.

You’ll be fine.  OB is a lot easier!  😂 

EAT, DRINK and be MERRY!  

12 minutes ago, FlaMariner said:

It's not you.  Princess.com is having "technical difficulties".  I've been trying for the past few hours.  I could get in late last night.  I only wish:

1.  Personalizer is getting updated (wouldn't that be nice since it was announced for October/November/January/first quarter).

2.  Then it told me that my password did not match my user name.

3.  Wait and see.

3 hours ago, grizzle-bizzle said:

Someone did mention earlier that Chromebooks will run the Medallion app. They are pretty inexpensive starting at a couple hundred dollars. Might be an option for anyone who would rather use a traditional computer with a physical keyboard and bigger screen rather than a tablet or smartphone. I gave away my last Chromebook or I'd try it out myself.

Too bad you didn't keep it...the app works great.