Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

58 minutes ago, amajaa said:

Okay I think I’ve cracked this now. The original cruise has now appeared and all the original dining times have not popped up. I assume it was to do with the fact the second cruise was being added and there was a temporary blip. 

I usually give it a day or two to mesh and then do DMW.  Just go through your days again and select DMW.

• Like 1

My app, which was complete except for the health portion for our Saturday cruise, and in the green lane, has now gone to yellow and keep cycling off and on. I can’t do anything with it.  What now?????

8 minutes ago, grak said:

My app, which was complete except for the health portion for our Saturday cruise, and in the green lane, has now gone to yellow and keep cycling off and on. I can’t do anything with it.  What now?????

YEP, me too.  Let's hope it's a glitch they are working on...

24 minutes ago, Ella2 said:

YEP, me too.  Let's hope it's a glitch they are working on...

It must be because after sorting all the new cruise info mine in now doing the same . Will leave until tomorrow and check all okay then. 

Just adding . We are in the UK so it must be a universal glitch. Goodness knows what will happen when we get onboard???

Edited by amajaa

Do people check the stupid app every day?  I don't get it. Why would I want to keep checking? Are people just looking for problems?  It seems that most of the folks who suddenly find things messed up find that they are back how they used to be in a few days. People are stressing way too much over this stupid app. Lots of folks don't even have smart phones or have older devices that won't work properly with the app and they just check in at the pier. There are way more important things to worry about than the app. Of course, having said that, I keep stressing about the uncertainty of the stupid testing.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Do people check the stupid app every day?  I don't get it. Why would I want to keep checking? Are people just looking for problems?  It seems that most of the folks who suddenly find things messed up find that they are back how they used to be in a few days. People are stressing way too much over this stupid app. Lots of folks don't even have smart phones or have older devices that won't work properly with the app and they just check in at the pier. There are way more important things to worry about than the app. Of course, having said that, I keep stressing about the uncertainty of the stupid testing.

No only checked because we added another cruise. First old cruise disappeared then came back so we eventually managed to add everything although the credit card for the second person proved problematic even though went smoothly for cruise already booked.  Just went into check all okay and it’s doing the flashing on and off and we have gone back to yellow lane but can’t get into anything to see why.

5 minutes ago, Thrak said:

People who are about to cruise may still be making dining reservations (or changing them) or checking out the onboard activities.  Or they got an email reminder today saying they need to complete all the online check-in stuff that they KNOW they already did, and go to check...and the app is messed up.  🙄

56 minutes ago, grak said:

I think they are having major issues in the last few hours.  I’d try again later.

If it is still like this later today, send a message to the IT team and tell them

to fix it pronto!  Put URGENT in the address part of your email, or your

departure date.  They work by date of travel.

askoceanmedallion@carnival.com

Tonna

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PacnGoNow said:

I think they are having major issues in the last few hours.  I’d try again later.

If it is still like this later today, send a message to the IT team and tell them

Tonna

3 minutes ago, amajaa said:

No only checked because we added another cruise. First old cruise disappeared then came back so we eventually managed to add everything although the credit card for the second person proved problematic even though went smoothly for cruise already booked.  Just went into check all okay and it’s doing the flashing on and off and we have gone back to yellow lane but can’t get into anything to see why.

Just read  this….

If you just added a cruise, it takes a few hours or a day for the new one to mesh from the booking to the app.  Give it a chance to mesh.  Recheck this booking tomorrow and if still a problem with

your Saturday cruise, just email IT.

Don’t worry so much.  

15 minutes ago, Thrak said:

When items are messed up or not working, or when dining has gone away and not returned, other other issues, one gets suspicious if something else important will go wrong - or a voyage disappear.  So, a "regular" check-in isn't bad in my books since I care about the completeness and accuracy.

That said, I know my bookings are okay from Princess.com as I do check in there more often to check EZ-Air.  I think that is becoming a waste now though as airfares have moved solidly up and do not seem to be retreating (fuel costs, anyone?), so I think we are locked in at the lows. 

I'm back to only having incomplete DMW and although I would like to have it setup as desired (more "ammo" for discussion with DRO on board), I am pretty resigned to the fact that we'll need to lobby for TD arrangement on board.  I also am checking DMW to see when they will add another DR as just one is not going to cut it.

13 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Tonna

Agree that there must be a system down or general serious issue.  I just logged into MC App and no voyages.  When I attempted to Link Booking, it stated no booking number found. 

Unfortunately, they do not have a "system down" notice banner for the MC App, but I imagine something like that is the problem.  All you can do is wait it out.

• Thanks 1

FYI, on a cruise last week, I often got error messages and thought login was incorrect. Hard to read message in sunlight. Actually, the error was 'No connection to Medallion Net'.  Medallion Net dropped between uses and I had to reconnect each time. A volunteer at Medallion Help Desk turned on Auto Join in Settings and that solved the problem. After making a new connection I would often forget to go to medallionclass.com in browser to initiate internet access.

Medallion help desk was mobbed first two days, just two support people assisting with problems and inquiries about purchasing Medallion wristbands etc.

42 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Just read  this….

If you just added a cruise, it takes a few hours or a day for the new one to mesh from the booking to the app.  Give it a chance to mesh.  Recheck this booking tomorrow and if still a problem with

your Saturday cruise, just email IT.

Don’t worry so much.  

Is there an email address just for the IT people please? I did an online query on the website  2 and 1/2 months ago, got an email saying they would come back to me soon. No reply so I contacted again ( as the email was one of those no reply ones,) a month later still no reply. So would be really handy to know the specific IT department email address. TIA

2 hours ago, amajaa said:

Is there an email address just for the IT people please? I did an online query on the website  2 and 1/2 months ago, got an email saying they would come back to me soon. No reply so I contacted again ( as the email was one of those no reply ones,) a month later still no reply. So would be really handy to know the specific IT department email address. TIA

See post 2759 just above.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, amajaa said:

Askoceanmedallion@carnival.com

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Thrak said:

I do check when there is a flurry of complaints like "My dining reservations have disappeared" or "Suddenly I am in the Blue Lane." So far none of them have affected me,

Newbie to app here so apologies for any silly questions.

I noticed Tedferg on post #2764 said about logging into a medallion website to get the app to work. Do you have to have to have your browser on this site all the time you are onboard to get app to work?

Do you have to book the Theatre shows and other shows on the app?

Does it say how many formal night on your cruise as I can’t see where it would say it.

Thanks for any answers

1 hour ago, Jazzytelly said:

Newbie to app here so apologies for any silly questions.

I noticed Tedferg on post #2764 said about logging into a medallion website to get the app to work. Do you have to have to have your browser on this site all the time you are onboard to get app to work? No.

Do you have to book the Theatre shows and other shows on the app? Reservations have never been required for shows. So, the answer is: no.

Does it say how many formal night on your cruise as I can’t see where it would say it. Not on the app. It's in your online "Personalizer" and other Princess documentation.

Thanks for any answers

See above.

Sorry if this has been answered before but 111 pages of a thread is a little too much to read.

Does anyone know what the B on a blue background, or G on a gold background on the guests picture means?

I guess it to mean your Princess Club level (or whatever it's called) but my wife and myself are the same level but I have a B and she has a G.

17 minutes ago, MX-Drew said:

Sorry if this has been answered before but 111 pages of a thread is a little too much to read.

Does anyone know what the B on a blue background, or G on a gold background on the guests picture means?

I guess it to mean your Princess Club level (or whatever it's called) but my wife and myself are the same level but I have a B and she has a G.

Have you tried using the Search function and selecting This Topic?

19 minutes ago, MX-Drew said:

Boy & Girl? 🤣😉

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, cltnccruisers said:

Have you tried using the Search function and selecting This Topic?

Yes but with over 25000 results it was going to take until after my cruise but there was nothing obvious so I thought I would ask and see if I got a helpful answer.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MX-Drew said:

Yes but with over 25000 results it was going to take until after my cruise but there was nothing obvious so I thought I would ask and see if I got a helpful answer.

I'm talking about this search, making sure you select This Topic to limit the search.

image.png.183df58aaa9c60e4ac18b2de187dcfa5.png