Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

41 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

LOL - "rare issue".  When you consider the number of members here that are affected and we are supposedly a small percentage of a ship's population, I'd hardly term it rare.  Perhaps rare to not be able to purchase at all, but not at all rare to have to pay full price.  I guess if we want the pre-cruise price, we have to tell them a little lie on board - Nope, couldn't book it at all pre-cruise.  I'd sure like to know why a Princess rep cannot sell it to us over the phone at 50% rate.  Perhaps they are blocked by the System as well.

Any chance this "cheat sheet" comes in a PDF?  Is there anything on it concerning DMW?

ine My Way Errors within DMW can include: DMW showing "No times available" or "DMW currently being updated" or "DMW available closer to your sailing date". They can also be: Not showing all times available, or all dining options, Specialty Dining Credits don't show up during check-out, After touching "Confirm", the dining times will not save (an error message appears).  Possible reasons for DMW errors: There are either no times available or not loaded for that ship yet. For the "Spec Dining Credits don't show up" error, the resolution is: if the guest is charged the ship will see the credit they will get a refund as OBC
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

So, are you in the green now?

It appears that our Blue Lane status is because I “have not ordered Medallions.”  I suspect this is very likely a glitch due to the way the app has connected our cruisetours - the current one ends at Fairbanks Riverside Lodge, and the next one starts at the Fairbanks Riverside Lodge.  Two different bookings, two different itineraries, two different ships.  Linked in the app for ? reason.

This is now my second dust-up with issues created by what the app considers to be linked cruises - the first was two cruises in and out of Port Everglades in 2021, disembarking on Dec 19 and embarking Dec 20, again two different bookings, two different itineraries, two different ships.

I tried finding out from the Ocean Navigator onboard the ship on my current cruisetour what the reasoning is behind the app being set up to designate linked cruises, and she gave me what I’d bet is the script answer:  “if there is less than 72 hours between cruises, they are linked.”  I tried pressing the issue, explaining some of the issues it has created in my real-time experience.  I even said, in as many words, this is not a complaint, I am just trying to give you boots-on-the-ground feedback as to why this is not a good feature of the app.  Once again, she had no answer, other than to tell me it was because I was using the ship’s internet and it wouldn’t be a problem once I was off the ship and could access the internet at one of the Princess Lodges.  She did also tell me that she had emailed the Ocean Navigator on the next ship so that she was aware of my problems.  At least one of us walked away from the encounter feeling she’d been as helpful as she could be.

Thanks for letting me sound off.  I am not expecting to find a fix here, but maybe someone else in a similar situation will read this and know it may not be as rare as the script would like you to believe.  😏  I cannot help but wish that the Ocean Navigation Team would be at least half as diligent about pursuing REAL solutions as they are about refining the script.

(Oh, and accessing the app at the Kenai Princess Lodge has not allowed me to complete the check-in for the next cruisetour - big surprise - NOT!)

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, kamelia said:

It appears that our Blue Lane status is because I “have not ordered Medallions.”  I suspect this is very likely a glitch due to the way the app has connected our cruisetours - the current one ends at Fairbanks Riverside Lodge, and the next one starts at the Fairbanks Riverside Lodge.  Two different bookings, two different itineraries, two different ships.  Linked in the app for ? reason.

This is now my second dust-up with issues created by what the app considers to be linked cruises - the first was two cruises in and out of Port Everglades in 2021, disembarking on Dec 19 and embarking Dec 20, again two different bookings, two different itineraries, two different ships.

I tried finding out from the Ocean Navigator onboard the ship on my current cruisetour what the reasoning is behind the app being set up to designate linked cruises, and she gave me what I’d bet is the script answer:  “if there is less than 72 hours between cruises, they are linked.”  I tried pressing the issue, explaining some of the issues it has created in my real-time experience.  I even said, in as many words, this is not a complaint, I am just trying to give you boots-on-the-ground feedback as to why this is not a good feature of the app.  Once again, she had no answer, other than to tell me it was because I was using the ship’s internet and it wouldn’t be a problem once I was off the ship and could access the internet at one of the Princess Lodges.  She did also tell me that she had emailed the Ocean Navigator on the next ship so that she was aware of my problems.  At least one of us walked away from the encounter feeling she’d been as helpful as she could be.

Thanks for letting me sound off.  I am not expecting to find a fix here, but maybe someone else in a similar situation will read this and know it may not be as rare as the script would like you to believe.  😏  I cannot help but wish that the Ocean Navigation Team would be at least half as diligent about pursuing REAL solutions as they are about refining the script.

(Oh, and accessing the app at the Kenai Princess Lodge has not allowed me to complete the check-in for the next cruisetour - big surprise - NOT!)

ncorrect ship/voyage  Issue is: Two separate non-B2B bookings are merged into one long voyage, or shows incorrect sailing date or voyages. These two separate voyages can be on different ships, but MCA error will merge both as it's one voyage.  This issue needs to have a support ticket opened with the Ocean Tech Team to resolve
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:
ncorrect ship/voyage  Issue is: Two separate non-B2B bookings are merged into one long voyage, or shows incorrect sailing date or voyages. These two separate voyages can be on different ships, but MCA error will merge both as it's one voyage.  This issue needs to have a support ticket opened with the Ocean Tech Team to resolve

Was this list of known issues pushed to every TA, or is it something available on One Source if an agent is interested in looking it up?

Edited by Steelers36

2 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Was this list of known issues pushed to every TA, or is it something available on One Source if an agent is interested in looking it up?

It's in One Source in Princess Answers. All TAs have access to it if they care to look...

• Like 1

Just now, ceilidh1 said:

It's in One Source in Princess Answers. All TAs have access to it if they care to look...

Right.  I was expecting that to be the situation.  I might ask my TA if he has referenced/downloaded it and would send it to me.  Of course a "bug list" gets outdated soon enough (normally - LOL) and I don't want to pester him about it multiple times.  It would be nice to know what all they consider bugs and how it aligns with what I am aware of.

2 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Right.  I was expecting that to be the situation.  I might ask my TA if he has referenced/downloaded it and would send it to me.  Of course a "bug list" gets outdated soon enough (normally - LOL) and I don't want to pester him about it multiple times.  It would be nice to know what all they consider bugs and how it aligns with what I am aware of.

It does get updated (and always includes the last update date). Seems the current version was updated end of Feb so likely more glitches to add and maybe some to remove. It's not a PDF, which is why I copy/paste (technically not supposed to share info from this source, but if it eases the frustration or provides answers...why not???)

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, CruisinCouple2010 said:

Well I was getting ready to call Princess this morning when low and behold the missing upcoming cruise reappeared on our Medallion app and still showed the green lane. So now if we can only get them to fix the medallion net pricing it would be great. 

Thank you everyone for your response.

That’s great.  Thanks for telling us.

38 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

It does get updated (and always includes the last update date). Seems the current version was updated end of Feb so likely more glitches to add and maybe some to remove. It's not a PDF, which is why I copy/paste (technically not supposed to share info from this source, but if it eases the frustration or provides answers...why not???)

LOL - FEB definitely out of date.  At the same time sad that some issues from then still exist SIX MONTHS later!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kamelia said:

Not ordering the OM, has been an issue for a while, in order to get to green, not just b2b’s.  I should have remembered to suggest that. We had to order pick up at port on our b2b’s in between. I hoped they had fixed that.  NOT
IDK how the cruise tours link.

I think the linked answer for cruises, was a script also. The ones that should link in the App are on the same ship b2b.  I’ve taken those and also s2s (different ships) and those s2s did not link with a different ship.  I think it happened to you because of another bug that IT caused.

If you link a different ship, it would cause havoc with your DMW.  Hello? They have different DR’s, and a host of other problems would arise.

I know you’re trying to find out “why” and that would be great, but do enjoy your cruise and tours.

Thank you for the feedback.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

WE have just one cruise booked and went from Blue to Green when I clicked to say 'Pick up Medallion at Pier'

Me, too.  Which now begs the question . . . Where do we get our medallions at the pier?  I don't want to stand in the wrong line for them and then be sent to another line.

1 minute ago, beckntom said:

Me, too.  Which now begs the question . . . Where do we get our medallions at the pier?  I don't want to stand in the wrong line for them and then be sent to another line.

The checkin counter. They will direct you

to the correct line, or just ask. At least that’s how it’s worked in the US ports, can’t speak for the foreign ports.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

The checkin counter. They will direct you

to the correct line, or just ask. At least that’s how it’s worked in the US ports, can’t speak for the foreign ports.

Thank you.  We do board in Civitavecchia.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

I know you’re trying to find out “why” and that would be great, but do enjoy your cruise and tours.

I am continuing to enjoy my cruises and tours, thanks!  😊  I’ve given offering help my best shot.  No regrets. 

• Thanks 1

I haven't had too many issues with the App but after the recent update it seems that the Arrivals and Departures part has changed and it just now says "Arrivals". When I select that I am now just getting the white screen and nothing. I know it doesn't really matter as I selected the early group on a recent cruise and no one at the pier checked and everyone was just boarding at any time.

You really couldn't make this stuff up. How these clowns are still in a job is beyond belief.

28 minutes ago, leck57 said:

I haven't had too many issues with the App but after the recent update it seems that the Arrivals and Departures part has changed and it just now says "Arrivals". When I select that I am now just getting the white screen and nothing. I know it doesn't really matter as I selected the early group on a recent cruise and no one at the pier checked and everyone was just boarding at any time.

You really couldn't make this stuff up. How these clowns are still in a job is beyond belief.

Correct. They made an update or enhancement and who knows if it will work now? 
I saw it said only Arrivals now.

Maybe…because  the Departures have never been functional or activated?

Of course, departures is still in there for the future.

There was an update recently on the App,

you may want to make sure you do. 
Just for fun! 😳

14 minutes ago, teacherplus said:

I was debating about buying internet since I wasn’t sure I’d use it much and weeks ago it was showing 50% discount for me and now it doesn’t.  What is the current advise on how to get the discount? Thank you!

IT bug wiped out the discount for Elite/platinum a few weeks ago.

If you’re not traveling for a while, I’d wait and see if there is s fix. It has been reported by several of us.

There are several threads about this issue if you check the forum.

If you’re traveling soon, I would purchase full and then once OB, they say they will refund the 50% in the form of an OBC.

It was that way, at the beginning of the restart, because the App wasn’t set up

yet with the discount.  If you go on the website and read Elite/Platinum benefits you will see at the bottom of the benefits page, it does say once OB 50% will be given as OBC.  Screenshot that, just in case.

If you wait to purchase once OB, it is a higher rate OB. So, 50% off a higher daily rate.

You can check the App, the forum threads, I’m sure we will update as soon as we know anything more.

Edited by PacnGoNow

On 8/26/2022 at 11:40 AM, PacnGoNow said:

That’s great.  Thanks for telling us.

Guess I spoke too soon today that cruise disappeared again. I will let you know if it reappears. Maybe this is happening because they are trying to correct the Medallion Net pricing? Wouldn’t be surprised of anything at this point.

58 minutes ago, CruisinCouple2010 said:

Guess I spoke too soon today that cruise disappeared again. I will let you know if it reappears. Maybe this is happening because they are trying to correct the Medallion Net pricing? Wouldn’t be surprised of anything at this point.

Could be. Who knows?  Do what you can on the website version of OceanReady and forget about the App for a little while.