Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

2 hours ago, BobAnne said:

Another stupid Medallion App question: I have downloaded the app and started registering various check list items for my upcoming cruise. The person i am travelling with has not been able to do the same. When they put in our Cruise Booking number it states that cruise booking number is already claimed. Can we not both login and register on separate apps? 

Not a stupid question at all.

The App is not perfect.

It can also work differently on different devices. Are you and the other person using the App on the same physical device?

Even when I try to sign in using the web version of the App I am told that the booking number is already claimed.

When the other person signs in to the app, try signing in with the booking number, not with that person's password.

2 hours ago, BobAnne said:

When they put in our Cruise Booking number it states that cruise booking number is already claimed.

What do you mean by the above?  Where are they putting in your Booking Confirmation Code? 

As Caribill said, so the login process with Name, Booking Number, Birthdate (the cabinmate's Name and BD).

Never ever enter booking number and attempt to "Link a Booking".  

I'm posting this because hopefully someone else has resolved a similar issue:

I booked a  cruise and received a booking number. I downloaded the phone app, created a login, and input all my info with no problem. My wife did the same with no issues.

Two weeks later we upgraded our cabin and Princess provided a new booking number. If I use the login I created it shows the old booking info.  If I login with the new booking number it still shows the old cabin number and old booking number.  Two chats and three phone calls has not resolved the issue.

Question for medallion users who have done multiple cruises: does the old itinerary info just time out and disappear?

FWIW:  I ordered our Medallions in January.  No shipping charges, and we are not Elite, and we booked at the standard rate.  Seems there's no consistency.  I was glad we had our Medallions when we arrived at the terminal however.  We never had to show our phone or any paperwork other than our passports. I did see people at the counter waiting for their Medallions. I'm not a fan of the app, especially the Journey part.  Too hard to look at what's going on around the ship.  Would also like to see open/close times for ship venues like CCL & RCCL both have on their apps. Glad we were able to get a copy of the Patter each day.  PCL just needs to scrap this app and start over IMHO.  Happy cruising! And I'm SO THANKFUL we are cruising again!!  ♥️

3 minutes ago, Bill B said:

Do they still deliver paper Patters to your stateroom, or do you have to use your phone?

If your steward doesn’t ask your preference when you first meet just request a hard copy be delivered to your cabin each evening.

7 minutes ago, Bill B said:

Do they still deliver paper Patters to your stateroom, or do you have to use your phone?

Yes, you can indicate that on the App under preferences.  Or, ask your steward.

Edited by PacnGoNow

3 hours ago, Bill B said:

One thing I thought worked amazingly well was the choice of what to receive on paper in the app.  I filled that out and got nothing other than the patter.  So long useless sale flyers.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ericosmith said:

One thing I thought worked amazingly well was the choice of what to receive on paper in the app.  I filled that out and got nothing other than the patter.  So long useless sale flyers.

Good! I used to get a plethora of useless/wasted advertisements for Effy jewlery/spa/art auctions and other crap in my room every day. Several forests were thrown into my wastebasket.

• Like 1

On 2/16/2023 at 9:35 PM, caribill said:

Not a stupid question at all.

The App is not perfect.

It can also work differently on different devices. Are you and the other person using the App on the same physical device?

Even when I try to sign in using the web version of the App I am told that the booking number is already claimed.

When the other person signs in to the app, try signing in with the booking number, not with that person's password.

We had the same problem. We deleted/reloaded the App and it started working for us.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Bill B said:

On our recent cruise on Enchanted Princess, the dead timber daily edition is a 1 pager with events. The Patter is IMPOSSIBLE to read on the Medallion app on a phone, likely readable on a laptop. Hopefully we get a print edition on our March cruise, since we higfhlight with a marker events of interest and put it on a wall with a magnetic clip.  The functionality of the Medallion app leaves so much to be desired on top of a sound platform. Since it doesn't appear to have adequate Beta testing, sent your observations directly to the Princess CEO. That may wake up the tech team. At least you'll get a gratuitous reply from the CEO's office..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, ericosmith said:

For those of us who don't plan their whole day in advance, I appreciated the app.  If it was 9:03 at night I could just open the app and find out what was happening right then.  No need to go back to the cabin to find a piece of paper.

It's actually easier to see what's going on using Ocean Concierge, which does not require the app but can still be accessed using whatever device you've got the app installed on.  Simply open your browser and type in [shipname].princess.com, [shipname] being whichever vessel you are currently on.  For example, crown.princess.com or sapphire.princess.com, etc.  

• Like 2

13 hours ago, ericosmith said:

For those of us who don't plan their whole day in advance, I appreciated the app.  If it was 9:03 at night I could just open the app and find out what was happening right then.  No need to go back to the cabin to find a piece of paper.

This is exactly what I was expecting from the medallion.  It rarely delivered, at least in a manner that was usable.  I have a short attention span when it comes to scrolling and jabbing at my phone screen for more than a minute or two.

• Like 1

Am I the only person to have absolutely no problems with the app ?

I'm a Brit, using a four year old tablet. Downloaded the app with no issues,  entered all the personal information in a matter of minutes. Booked our dining preferences and a couple of speciality dining reservations as well. And, all our personal details were automatically carried over to a later cruise as well.

So the app does work !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, wowzz said:

I'm a Brit, using a four year old tablet. Downloaded the app with no issues,  entered all the personal information in a matter of minutes. Booked our dining preferences and a couple of speciality dining reservations as well. And, all our personal details were automatically carried over to a later cruise as well.

So the app does work !

I have a friend who's a Princess loyalist, this is what she says too.  The rest of us?  Nada.   Do check all your arrangements 'in person' after boarding.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jsn55 said:

I have a friend who's a Princess loyalist, this is what she says too.  The rest of us?  Nada.   Do check all your arrangements 'in person' after boarding.

I'm hardly a loyalist - normally I cruise with P&O!  Never had any problems on board - all my reservations were in place.

Just stating my experience.

10 minutes ago, wowzz said:

I'm hardly a loyalist - normally I cruise with P&O!  Never had any problems on board - all my reservations were in place.

Just stating my experience.

With the word 'loyalist' I meant that she has had very little trouble with medallion over many cruises with Princess.  I took my first and last cruise with Princess in December. I was looking forward to learning and using the technology, I love today's technology.  I really enjoyed using the app onboard to order stuff delivered, that part worked fine.  But I don't pay good money to get tortured by 3rd-grade-level technology that is required.   We didn't have any trouble booking dining and shore excursions from home either ... but the correct reservations weren't there when we boarded.  The 'interactive' TV wasn't.  The 'journeyview' or whatever it's called was too cumbersome to use.  If you're used to swiping and tapping and scrolling on a phone forever, perhaps it's not a problem.  Other than the fabulous crew, I found Princess arrogant and focused on themselves rather than their guests.  And perhaps the week before you booked, Princess hired some real IT guys and fixed medallion ... who knows?

3 minutes ago, jsn55 said:

With the word 'loyalist' I meant that she has had very little trouble with medallion over many cruises with Princess.  I took my first and last cruise with Princess in December. I was looking forward to learning and using the technology, I love today's technology.  I really enjoyed using the app onboard to order stuff delivered, that part worked fine.  But I don't pay good money to get tortured by 3rd-grade-level technology that is required.   We didn't have any trouble booking dining and shore excursions from home either ... but the correct reservations weren't there when we boarded.  The 'interactive' TV wasn't.  The 'journeyview' or whatever it's called was too cumbersome to use.  If you're used to swiping and tapping and scrolling on a phone forever, perhaps it's not a problem.  Other than the fabulous crew, I found Princess arrogant and focused on themselves rather than their guests.  And perhaps the week before you booked, Princess hired some real IT guys and fixed medallion ... who knows?

Hmm - I guess you are not a Princess fan. As you are never going to cruise with Princess again, after one cruise,  why carry on posting on this forum ? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, wowzz said:

So the app does work !

I had a frustrating time entering all my info. to get to 'Green' status. However, I have booked back-to-backs and must admit ALL the info. was seamlessly carried over to the second cruise without me having to do anything. I was pleasantly surprised! 😀

1 hour ago, cruisingaussies said:

No, they didn't as it still doesn't work for me!  Tried DH's almost new iPhone, Ipad, website.  Still will not save anything.

I found (by accident) that if I went 'back' (<) on my phone, things that had appeared - like the Passage Contract - would disappear, the 'Save' box on the app would change shading... and it would work!

Try it.

I know how a fish swimming upstream must feel. 

For me, the medallion and the app would be a major plus when considering another Princess cruise.  I loved being able to open the door with my elbow when my hands were full, no need to put stuff down to use a card.  I loved the locate function on the app to find and meet up with my cabin mate.  Whether I ordered drinks and food through the menu or not, I liked being able to look at them (the menus) on the app before getting to the bar or restaurant.  Maybe the schedule is a bit clunky but it worked well for what I wanted it to do.  Oh, and I especially liked being able to hook the medallion to my watch band so I didn't have to try and remember it each time I left the cabin.

• Like 1